Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 97

post #1441 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

Giving into pure pressure now are we? devil_face.gif

 

Well like he said, what if I need to start a fire?

post #1442 of 6290

Get gasoline and a lighter ;).
 

post #1443 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrys30 View Post


I had loads of problems with autoscan on both firmware using either internal, external (32 or 64) cards. I copied all the album folders with aiff/mp4a files from iTunes folder. No matter how I tried to spilt the data it would get stuck. So I have been doing chunks of albums, switching on and scanning to see if can find the faulty file. Have got 95% on there now and have a chunk of 10 directories left that when scan it freezes.

So now I will repeat process for last 10 directories to see which file causing it to hang. I have looked throughy them all appear healthy mp4a!!

A long process but feels nice to get all music over finally!!!

 

You have dirty files and probably need to clean them up..............

post #1444 of 6290

thanks Gavin. 

 

Has anyone found a search option for Albums/songs/artists on the player?

 

Thanks

post #1445 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrys30 View Post

thanks Gavin. 

Has anyone found a search option for Albums/songs/artists on the player?

Thanks

No search feature. Don't even have a virtual keyboard to key in your search term...
post #1446 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post




No search feature. Don't even have a virtual keyboard to key in your search term...

 

ok thanks - was hoping for something like on the Ipod where just scroll throught the letters (on ipod using the wheel but maybe could use forward/backward buttons on AK).....hopefully they can add to future release!

post #1447 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrys30 View Post

ok thanks - was hoping for something like on the Ipod where just scroll throught the letters (on ipod using the wheel but maybe could use forward/backward buttons on AK).....hopefully they can add to future release!


Yup the "scroll by letter" feature would further improve usability
post #1448 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post





Yup the "scroll by letter" feature would further improve usability


Just give me 1.00 back lol :P. Seriously not enjoying the player like I use to... :( Honestly if there wasn't a way to get back to 1.00 or at least the sound this unit would be going up for sale after the review :(.

post #1449 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Just give me 1.00 back lol :P. Seriously not enjoying the player like I use to... :( Honestly if there wasn't a way to get back to 1.00 or at least the sound this unit would be going up for sale after the review :(.

 

Has the sq really taken that much of a nose dive Jim?

post #1450 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

 

Has the sq really taken that much of a nose dive Jim?


For me it has.... The synergy has really gone out the window :(. I suggest only updating to 1.21 when you have access to the lower firmware and then you can compare. Unless you don't like the sound straight off the bat then you have nothing to loose :P.


Edited by lee730 - 6/17/13 at 12:12am
post #1451 of 6290

Curious is there anyway to copy the older hex from the player and share it? Like clone it? Was gonna ask a pal if he could do the honors if so.

post #1452 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


For me it has.... The synergy has really gone out the window frown.gif. I suggest only updating to 1.21 when you have access to the lower firmware and then you can compare. Unless you don't like the sound straight off the bat then you have nothing to loose :P.

Jmoon mentioned he is gonna post it but I'm still waiting. 1.21 does not necessarily sound bad - I find I enjoy an new album that I haven't heard it with 1.00 a lot. But once I moved to more familiar tracks I had enjoyed with the 1.00 for these few weeks, I really missed the 1.00 sound.... calling Jmoon to the rescue!!
post #1453 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post




Jmoon mentioned he is gonna post it but I'm still waiting. 1.21 does not necessarily sound bad - I find I enjoy an new album that I haven't heard it with 1.00 a lot. But once I moved to more familiar tracks I had enjoyed with the 1.00 for these few weeks, I really missed the 1.00 sound.... calling Jmoon to the rescue!!


lol

 

G44

post #1454 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

 

Well like he said, what if I need to start a fire?


Exactumundo, I can't count the number of times, I've had to smash open my gadgets to get to the battery in order to start a fire. Can we organise a Head-Fi course that details on how to get to the battery in a number of devices and then of course...how to start the damn fire with a battery...!

post #1455 of 6290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSARider View Post


Exactumundo, I can't count the number of times, I've had to smash open my gadgets to get to the battery in order to start a fire. Can we organise a Head-Fi course that details on how to get to the battery in a number of devices and then of course...how to start the damn fire with a battery...!


Step 1. Open AK120.

 

Step 2. Remove battery overcharge protection circuit

 

Step 3. Charge battery until she blows ;).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120