Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 91

post #1351 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Just found the price for uk, £1100 from amp!!!! Oh and the protective pouch is £40 on it's own! Cheers

 

you can import one from the States or Korea for a few hundred less... get it sent as a gift.

post #1352 of 6299

Even then......  Still rocking my iriver 120 (128gig ssd mod inc!)11 hour battery life from stock battery.


Cheers

post #1353 of 6299

No first impressions yet, but a question: has anybody noticed that there's a short fade-in when a track starts? Pretty annoying. Is there any way to suppress that?

post #1354 of 6299
Upgraded firmware and there is definitely a noticeable lack of body on my TH 900's. it's like the EQ at 600Hz downwards is damped.
post #1355 of 6299

I can't say I'm especially happy with it right now, I guess if I hadn't been using 1.0 I'd most likely have been happy. However has anyone else tried the comparison on 1.21 Computer +Dac Mode vs AK120. On my MBPR it does sound pretty good compared to just plugging straight into it.
 

post #1356 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroff View Post

No first impressions yet, but a question: has anybody noticed that there's a short fade-in when a track starts? Pretty annoying. Is there any way to suppress that?


Yes and no I can't see how to do it. I lose about a sec or two at the start. I figured that I could live with that...before the upgrade to the firmware!

post #1357 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSARider View Post


Yes and no I can't see how to do it. I lose about a sec or two at the start. I figured that I could live with that...before the upgrade to the firmware!

 

Good, so I'm not crazy biggrin.gif

 

They should seriously fix that one, this is retarded. Any song that starts with a bang now starts with a whimper. What were they thinking... This is almost deal-breaker material, that.

post #1358 of 6299

I'll be spending the weekend listening to the AK120 with various IEM's + Full Size Cans and see if I get any 'brain burn in' and get used to the new sound signature.
 

post #1359 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroff View Post

Perspective of a nice weekend... bigsmile_face.gif



Apologies to my wallet.

 

, just opened it up, but damn... is this thing minuscule. It's really tiny.

 

 

ugegygep.jpg
post #1360 of 6299

Ok I've joined the AK120 gang. It was only a matter of time biggrin.gif

 

My AK100 is now up for sale in classifieds if you know anyone that is interested

post #1361 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

Ok I've joined the AK120 gang. It was only a matter of time biggrin.gif

 

My AK100 is now up for sale in classifieds if you know anyone that is interested

Wonderfull, I am happy for you.

I am getting one myself next week.

Where about in London are you? I am in South.

What IEM's or headphones you are going to use with AK120?

Levi

post #1362 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

Ok I've joined the AK120 gang. It was only a matter of time biggrin.gif

 

My AK100 is now up for sale in classifieds if you know anyone that is interested


About time too....!biggrin.gif

post #1363 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Wonderfull, I am happy for you.

I am getting one myself next week.

Where about in London are you? I am in South.

What IEM's or headphones you are going to use with AK120?

Levi

 

Hey Levi, I'm a North Londoner.

 

I'm going to be using my Tzar350s and 8.As to start with, but who knows what I'll be clamouring to buy in the next couple of months biggrin.gif

post #1364 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSARider View Post


About time too....!biggrin.gif

 

 

Ha ha, well I had to catch up didn't I biggrin.gif

post #1365 of 6299
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post


Ha ha, well I had to catch up didn't I biggrin.gif

Yep and happy you did...! Now going off topic for a min...got one of these delivered today...wink.gif

http://www.edelkrone.com/slider-plus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120