Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Astell & Kern AK120 - Page 89

post #1321 of 6309

yes price japan sells it at that price however you can get it much cheaper using amazon japan and tenso services. (Around <320 USD)

post #1322 of 6309

This just came in today............

 

Wife asks, "Don't you have one already?"......"NO, this has a DUAL DAC, look on the box"

 

 

beerchug.gif 

post #1323 of 6309

Spkrs, second AK120? beware, your wife knows it  but decided not to tell you, women are often more smart in hiding true thoughts than we men tongue.gif

post #1324 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Spkrs, second AK120? beware, your wife knows it  but decided not to tell you, women are often more smart in hiding true thoughts than we men tongue.gif

lol Don't worry. As long as he has the hand bag excuse, he will be fine ;)

post #1325 of 6309

lol =P

 

So tupac what are your thoughts on the updated firmware? Is it growing on you or still a no go? I'm still on the fence somewhat. There are pros and cons for me. Just not sure which one has less cons :P. Then again at this point I don't have a choice now do I :).
 

post #1326 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Spkrs, second AK120? beware, your wife knows it  but decided not to tell you, women are often more smart in hiding true thoughts than we men tongue.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

lol Don't worry. As long as he has the hand bag excuse, he will be fine ;)

 

BOTH correct............................

 

We are done on the season for fashion, so need to wait for the Fall Collectionswink_face.gif

 

Now, it is the time to buy for me!!! Just ordered both the Analog Square Paper amps, the TU-05 and TU-06 today.

post #1327 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lol =P

 

So tupac what are your thoughts on the updated firmware? Is it growing on you or still a no go? I'm still on the fence somewhat. There are pros and cons for me. Just not sure which one has less cons :P. Then again at this point I don't have a choice now do I :).
 

 

I think I'm leaning to the v1.00 despite the initial good impression. If Jmoon or someone can post the v1.00 for download. I should have checked to see if I still have the 1.00 file before I go with the upgrade. Now it is forcing me to give 1.21 more time to see if it will manage to grow on me.

I know GSARider is definitely on the v1.00 side while Gavin on the v1.21 side. Who else have already made up their mind?
post #1328 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

 

 

 

BOTH correct............................

 

We are done on the season for fashion, so need to wait for the Fall Collectionswink_face.gif

 

Now, it is the time to buy for me!!! Just ordered both the Analog Square Paper amps, the TU-05 and TU-06 today.


Cool ! Where from ? From his site ? I am interested in the 05 maybe.

post #1329 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

 

I think I'm leaning to the v1.00 despite the initial good impression. If Jmoon or someone can post the v1.00 for download. I should have checked to see if I still have the 1.00 file before I go with the upgrade. Now it is forcing me to give 1.21 more time to see if it will manage to grow on me.

I know GSARider is definitely on the v1.00 side while Gavin on the v1.21 side. Who else have already made up their mind?

 

I pretty much see 1.21 suited for bassier IEMs that are also more laid back. 1.00 is more suited to neutral (or along the lines of neutral) IEMs where you want some added warmth to make the sound more lush and musical.


Edited by lee730 - 6/14/13 at 3:15am
post #1330 of 6309

So far, I'm on the 1.21 side :D

post #1331 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lol =P

So tupac what are your thoughts on the updated firmware? Is it growing on you or still a no go? I'm still on the fence somewhat. There are pros and cons for me. Just not sure which one has less cons :P. Then again at this point I don't have a choice now do I smily_headphones1.gif.

 
You know what. Can't be bothered with either any more:(
post #1332 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post


You know what. Can't be bothered with either any more:(


Hmm so the AK120 isn't working out for you I take... Too bad to hear that :(.

post #1333 of 6309
It doesn't sound bad or anything. It's just whenever I listen to them, I couldn't help myself thinking that it sounds soooo much better amped.
It's not what I really want from a portable player
post #1334 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

You know what. Can't be bothered with either any more:(

so what's your dap/source de jour?
post #1335 of 6309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

It doesn't sound bad or anything. It's just whenever I listen to them, I couldn't help myself thinking that it sounds soooo much better amped.
It's not what I really want from a portable player


lol let me guess you going back to DX100? :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Astell & Kern AK120