Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is that even possible?! I started out indifferent, now I hope Shure sells a million of these.
What exactly is on-topic again?
Let's talk about how expensive these are again.
With a $1300 price tag, that's right on par with the new AK120 portable media player. Why not combine your $1300 earphones with your $1300 portable media player?
The amount of money audiophiles are willing to shell out these days..... -.-''
The mrsp is never going to be 1300, it is a classic technique from earphone solutions to make you think there is a rebate. But it will always be 999$. The issue is not that you are not allowed to say it is expensive. The issue is that there is little chance that we will have anything to say on the matter of price. All the analyses possible on the price have been made on this thread : cost plus, price positionning, voodoo, divination...and a large share of it was pure speculation / not interesting.
The Tralucent 1 plus 2 and the Ultrasone IQ had an initial 'discounted' price that I thought would eventually go down but the opposite happened. I see the same trend happening with the SE846. MSRP will go up and if this is a ploy by earphone solutions, they will lose customers and gain a tarnished reputation.
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 5/24/13 at 9:04am
The Tralucent 1 plus 2 and the Ultrasone IQ had an initial 'discounted' price that I thought would eventually go down but the opposite happened. I see the same trend happening with the SE846. MSRP will go up and if this is a ploy by earphone solutions, they will loose customers and gain a tarnished reputation.
Earphone Solutions isn't up to any ploy. I may have misstated the MSRP in the video. Many manufacturers have two prices, MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) and MAP (minimum advertised price). I suspect MSRP is higher than $999, and that perhaps MAP is $999.
I'll try to get clarification on that to be sure, but I suspect that's what we're looking at here.
It's interesting to see the odd seasoned HF'er who's into serious cans suddenly turn up in this thread now and again and not knowing that much of what's been going on in the world of IEMs in the last couple of years, such as: incredibly good performing universals that cost no more than $150-$300; $1,000+ universals that rival some of Head-Fi's dearest TOTL customs; that there are customs that retail for more than $2,000; that we have customs made in Sweden that retail for less than $300.
…oh, and the still frequent misconception that customs are better than universals.
Perhaps better start learning that the SE846 is not really $1,250 (or $1,399) but $1,000.
Edited by music_4321 - 5/24/13 at 2:48pm
Can't believe I read this whole thread & feel like I've learned nothing substantial beyond what Jude provided in his OP vid. Re: Pricing....peeps need to quit griping about it. It is what it is. Vote with your wallets.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Sony ES collection. 3 minutes ago
- › Musicmaker TK13 (T012) 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear