Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 9:20 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 67
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is that even possible?! I started out indifferent, now I hope Shure sells a million of these.
What exactly is on-topic again?
Let's talk about how expensive these are again.
With a $1300 price tag, that's right on par with the new AK120 portable media player. Why not combine your $1300 earphones with your $1300 portable media player?
The amount of money audiophiles are willing to shell out these days..... -.-''
The mrsp is never going to be 1300, it is a classic technique from earphone solutions to make you think there is a rebate. But it will always be 999$. The issue is not that you are not allowed to say it is expensive. The issue is that there is little chance that we will have anything to say on the matter of price. All the analyses possible on the price have been made on this thread : cost plus, price positionning, voodoo, divination...and a large share of it was pure speculation / not interesting.
The Tralucent 1 plus 2 and the Ultrasone IQ had an initial 'discounted' price that I thought would eventually go down but the opposite happened. I see the same trend happening with the SE846. MSRP will go up and if this is a ploy by earphone solutions, they will lose customers and gain a tarnished reputation.
Edited by Rip N' Burn - 5/24/13 at 9:04am
The Tralucent 1 plus 2 and the Ultrasone IQ had an initial 'discounted' price that I thought would eventually go down but the opposite happened. I see the same trend happening with the SE846. MSRP will go up and if this is a ploy by earphone solutions, they will loose customers and gain a tarnished reputation.
Earphone Solutions isn't up to any ploy. I may have misstated the MSRP in the video. Many manufacturers have two prices, MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) and MAP (minimum advertised price). I suspect MSRP is higher than $999, and that perhaps MAP is $999.
I'll try to get clarification on that to be sure, but I suspect that's what we're looking at here.
It's interesting to see the odd seasoned HF'er who's into serious cans suddenly turn up in this thread now and again and not knowing that much of what's been going on in the world of IEMs in the last couple of years, such as: incredibly good performing universals that cost no more than $150-$300; $1,000+ universals that rival some of Head-Fi's dearest TOTL customs; that there are customs that retail for more than $2,000; that we have customs made in Sweden that retail for less than $300.
…oh, and the still frequent misconception that customs are better than universals.
Perhaps better start learning that the SE846 is not really $1,250 (or $1,399) but $1,000.
Edited by music_4321 - 5/24/13 at 2:48pm
Can't believe I read this whole thread & feel like I've learned nothing substantial beyond what Jude provided in his OP vid. Re: Pricing....peeps need to quit griping about it. It is what it is. Vote with your wallets.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 17 seconds ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 22 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 39 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact? 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear