or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 66

post #976 of 3180

Which is gonna be the next Shure? Se556 Or se656?

I think all new headphones of top companies will be over 900$ from now on.

post #977 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHASHAYAR View Post

Which is gonna be the next Shure? Se556 Or se656?

I think all new headphones of top companies will be over 900$ from now on.

I think you mean: all new headphones flagship headphones of top companies will be over 900$ from now on. And with the majority of these companies your right on IMO.

post #978 of 3180

AW: Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

If the SE846 can trump the Sennheiser IE800 in the entire FR (Especially Mid-Range and Instrument Separation aside), then this will definitely be worth 999.99 USD.


Same here, the IE800 is the best IEM I ever owned. If the SE846 is equal or 98% of the IE800 I will switch over. Except Sennheiser get rid of the microphonic upper cable and the proprietary plug design which makes them not usable with Comply Foam.
post #979 of 3180

AW: Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

If the SE846 can trump the Sennheiser IE800 in the entire FR (Especially Mid-Range and Instrument Separation aside), then this will definitely be worth 999.99 USD.

There are already much cheaper IEMs that do, but that's OT


Not in Europe/Switzerland with European/Swiss Warranty. There are none, IE800 is the best you can get around here.
post #980 of 3180

AW: Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver 
If I was willing to pay $900 for an Ultrasone IQ with lukewarm reviews,...

I was able to hear the IQ along with the K3003 and my IE800. From my point of view the IQ has the same problem as the K3003, a balanced and a dynamic driver mixed together sound weird and it did. So I stay with the IE800 and look forward to try the SE846.
post #981 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitch_black View Post


I was able to hear the IQ along with the K3003 and my IE800. From my point of view the IQ has the same problem as the K3003, a balanced and a dynamic driver mixed together sound weird and it did. So I stay with the IE800 and look forward to try the SE846.

But which one sounded better, purely sound quality wise. Everything else aside.

I'm going try K3003 and IQ soon. I found a audio store in my city that has all like all the high end headphones and IEMs. There are also Westone 4, HD800, etc. It's going to be a couple hours of fun and maybe frustration/disappointment

post #982 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

But which one sounded better, purely sound quality wise. Everything else aside.

 

I too would like to know (out of curiosity) which you thought sounded better (pitch_black) between the IQ and the K3003. I think it is safe to say you prefer the IE800 over both.

 

I couldn't quite hear the “weirdness” that others have described with the IQ. The bass was oddly dissatisfying but not out-of-step sounding (at least that's not how I interpreted it). Although, the mids did seem slightly warmer than the lows. The lows seem to lack deep resonance.

post #983 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post

 

I too would like to know (out of curiosity) which you thought sounded better (pitch_black) between the IQ and the K3003. I think it is safe to say you prefer the IE800 over both.

 

I couldn't quite hear the “weirdness” that others have described with the IQ. The bass was oddly dissatisfying but not out-of-step sounding (at least that's not how I interpreted it). Although, the mids did seem slightly warmer than the lows. The lows seem to lack deep resonance.

I would agree I prefer IE800 over both. But wait, how do you know? blink.gif Did you just look at my profile and came to that conclusion or have you being reading my posts? biggrin.gif

 

As you know, IE800 is not available for sale yet in Canada. Don't know about US. The store owner said he already ordered it. I guess I'll find out in maybe a month or two. I'm curious how each sounds just as you are. I already followed you. That's like a reminder that when I get to listen to the IEMs, I'll let you know. But I'm sure they are many others here who would want to know too.

 

I might not be the best person to ask for very specific question about these thing. What I'm trying to say is that, when I hear an IEM/headphone, I tell it the way it is. I'm not going to be like, oh it's K3003, it must be better than PFE 232. If I can't tell the difference, I'm going say that. 

 

Based on my research and inputs that I got from others. The difference between K3003, IQ, IE800 and $300-500 universals is minimum. Surprisingly, joker told me that the difference is probably smaller than upgrading from $100 IEM to a $300 IEM. I'm going to guess that the IQ and K3003 would sound a bit better than the top end universals priced between $300-$500. But I'll see and I'll let you know.


Edited by Mini0510 - 5/21/13 at 4:47pm
post #984 of 3180

Does Soundearphones ship to Canada? They have IE800 is stock with free overnight shipping - for $999USD. Not sure if you are looking for a lower price. You could have them Thursday!L3000.gif

post #985 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Does Soundearphones ship to Canada? They have IE800 is stock with free overnight shipping - for $999USD. Not sure if you are looking for a lower price. You could have them Thursday!L3000.gif

Obviously looking for a lower price. wink.gif

But I would wait until I hear it though. At least hear the K3003 and IQ to see if I'm impressed with the sound quality.

post #986 of 3180

I live right near the Senn Canada HQ and I work in a Hi-Fi shop and am awaiting an order on IE800's. I own the K3003i's at the moment, and I'll be mighty impressed if the IE800's fare better... So far though, most users who've tried both generally favor the AKG. I know for one, that the IE800 won't be as accurate in terms of freq response.

 

And now I also need to get the SE846 and RE600 in-store; I hope I don't end up with 3 expensive iems! redface.gif

post #987 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

People, if you have bough anything from earphonesolutions before, you should already know that they have A LOT of sales and coupons! I've bought maybe 4 or 5 headphones from them NEVER at full price. So I'd suggest you wait a little for a 20% coupon off or something, effectively driving the $1000 down.

I've bought from them the SRH940, SRH1840s at cheap prices with coupons.
Right now I think they still have the "H15" coupon valid (15% off)... if you are planning on pre-ordering, check if that works! ;-)

I love Shure headphones, but never been a fan of IEMs... this one intrigues me... but I guess I want them to create a better/fuller sounding SRH940 (SRH1840 was just... too similar to HD600s by Senn... and I need it to be 'closed').

Anyway, just a head-up regarding earphonesolutions.

2X5 is 16% off
post #988 of 3180
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post

 

I'm semi-surprised that head-fi even allows the science section, and I strongly suspect that a lot of pressure has been put on Jude to get rid of it...

 

It's time to recalibrate your spidey sense, roy_jones. There has been absolutely no pressure to get rid of it--I don't believe I've received a single request from any member of the trade to lose the Sound Science forum.

 

That said, this thread is going way off topic again, and there may be some thread pruning to get it back on topic.

 

As a reminder, this thread is about the Shure SE846.

 

So, back on topic...

post #989 of 3180
prune it back to page 28.
post #990 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

 

It's time to recalibrate your spidey sense, roy_jones. There has been absolutely no pressure to get rid of it--I don't believe I've received a single request from any member of the trade to lose the Sound Science forum.

 

That said, this thread is going way off topic again, and there may be some thread pruning to get it back on topic.

 

As a reminder, this thread is about the Shure SE846.

 

So, back on topic...

That's just because those high end company's Jedi Mind Control tricks have you under their spell as they wipe your memory. Same trick they use on all their engineers to believe they may actually be doing, you know, engineering. Every one of them is controlled by the farce.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)