or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 65

post #961 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Honestly. with the way you ask for compares and product spec questions that have been posted in almost every thread along than this nonsense, I have to ask. Are you trolling?

I'm not trolling. I just feel this SE846 is extremely over priced and it is not justified for its actual value.

post #962 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I'm not trolling. I just feel this SE846 is extremely over priced and it is not justified for its actual value.
... Ok. Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?
post #963 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

SE 215 costs £80 but SE846 costs almost 12X more.

I would expect SE846 sounds at least 10X better than SE215.

If that's how you believe this market works, and that the increase in price always correlates an exact increase in performance, then you're simply wasting your time here...
post #964 of 3180
Simply,
Benefits > Costs = Value
Expectations < Performance = Satisfaction

The IEM market is very subjective. 😏
post #965 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


... Ok. Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?


Lemmy.... hands down.

post #966 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

Yes, initially the MSRP on the Earphone Solutions site was $1,399 and then it 'went down' to $1,250.

 

Do you honestly think that once the SE846 is released (in the US) Shure will be charging $1,250? I very much doubt it. Often the MSRP is simply a way to get people to think they're getting a discount / bargain (in this case 20% off), when the actual authorised retail price is $,1000 (in the US).

1250 is oficial MSRP from Shure press release. And yes, I think when they will be released to more shops, most of them will be charging MSRP price, especially in Europe.

post #967 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bina View Post

1250 is oficial MSRP from Shure press release. And yes, I think when they will be released to more shops, most of them will be charging MSRP price, especially in Europe.

 

Well, I'm pretty sure we will have to pay more than MSRP. With Shure is has always been 1$ = 1€.

 

So I will unsubscribe now, because:

a) I never wanted a subwoofer in my CIEMs and I never wanted one in my home stereo speaker setup either.

b) I will take those 1,250 €, visit the same customs manufacturer who works for famous stage musicians, have a chat, drink a coffee with him, get my personal logo and color choice, take away some extras like a shirt for free, wish him a nice day and thank him for the 10 hours of handwork he put into my unique product.

c) There are plenty of cheaper universals that sound better (technically and from tonality) than the SE535, IMO.

 

I do really hope the SE846 sounds terrific but I mostly fear other companies will also think they can charge 800 $ for 'having an idea.'

post #968 of 3180
The risk takers who are willing to fund their ideas usually get to charge for them.

Everything I've ever bought funded an idea.
post #969 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazino View Post

 

Well, I'm pretty sure we will have to pay more than MSRP. With Shure is has always been 1$ = 1€.

 

So I will unsubscribe now, because:

a) I never wanted a subwoofer in my CIEMs and I never wanted one in my home stereo speaker setup either.

b) I will take those 1,250 €, visit the same customs manufacturer who works for famous stage musicians, have a chat, drink a coffee with him, get my personal logo and color choice, take away some extras like a shirt for free, wish him a nice day and thank him for the 10 hours of handwork he put into my unique product.

c) There are plenty of cheaper universals that sound better (technically and from tonality) than the SE535, IMO.

 

I do really hope the SE846 sounds terrific but I mostly fear other companies will also think they can charge 800 $ for 'having an idea.'

Now you'll unsubscribe? You should have unsubscribed 60 pages ago. At least 30 pages ago.

At least for me, I know I won't buy custom because I buy new stuff fairly often and sell the stuff. Basically, I upgrade fairly often.

post #970 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


SE 215 costs £80 but SE846 costs almost 12X more.

I would expect SE846 sounds at least 10X better than SE215.

Otherwise no reason for SHURE to sell SE846 at such amazing high price!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post

Shure never promised a “revolutionary new sound” but simply a new low-pass filter that they refer too as “ground-breaking” (in its implementation).

 

And since the term “X better” (or times better) doesn't actually mean anything, I'd say the SE846 will sound “100X better” than Shure's own SE215. That makes the SE846 a "super bargain".rolleyes.gif

 

i think SE846 wont sound 10x or 100x better than 215, because "the law of diminishing return" 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I'm not trolling. I just feel this SE846 is extremely over priced and it is not justified for its actual value.

 

i agree with that, but why less people complaining about akg k300i or fit ear 334 price than SE846 price? they even have not tried this SE846

post #971 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

Now you'll unsubscribe? You should have unsubscribed 60 pages ago. At least 30 pages ago.

At least for me, I know I won't buy custom because I buy new stuff fairly often and sell the stuff. Basically, I upgrade fairly often.

 

Perhaps he now realizes that constantly complaining about an IEM for which he knows little about (and never contemplated purchasing) speaks 100% about him and 0% about the IEM itself. As bad as that sounds, it's still better than realizing that he doesn't like subwoofer sound (Shure's main talking-point about the SE846).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknight View Post

 

 

i think SE846 wont sound 10x or 100x better than 215, because "the law of diminishing return" 

 

 

My point was that 10X and 100X don't mean anything. It's just hyperbolic language.


Edited by truckdriver - 5/21/13 at 9:12am
post #972 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


If that's how you believe this market works, and that the increase in price always correlates an exact increase in performance, then you're simply wasting your time here...

 

Agree!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I'm not trolling. I just feel this SE846 is extremely over priced and it is not justified for its actual value.

 

Simple, don't buy it and/or wait to buy it from another source probably cheaper (amazon) or "used" in the forums...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post


Lemmy.... hands down.

 

Hmmm... use of ellipsis... you had to think about it for a bit huh? ;-)

post #973 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

I am in southern California and it is impossible to get good fish&chips around here - I have been to London a few times and the chip shops are wonderful - the fact that you can actually choose the type of fish is mind boggling to an American. (All we typically get is some sort of chewy white fleshed fish) And try finding a good malt vinegar....

 

Blimey. I can't wonder what it would be like to not be able to choose the type of fish. 

post #974 of 3180
its funny how a lot of people on head-fi think there qualified to speculate on a product that they have not even seen in person... let alone tested.
just a bunch of Trolls fighting over who gets to sit under the bridge and fling metaphorical poo at each other..
popcorn.gif quite entertaining actually
post #975 of 3180
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

Hmmm... use of ellipsis... you had to think about it for a bit huh? ;-)


LOL - After listening to Lemmy's voice, I came to the conclusion that he and God had gone at it previously. Since Lemmy is still alive and recording - he must have come out on top. So in a rematch, there is a good chance he would prevail once again.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)