UE probably do sell a lot of unverisal's, I have a pair, not sure about their customs figures JH of JH customs was the guy who pioneered them then sold UE to logitech which probably took some business away.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 5:03 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow what happened to this thread?
Blah blah $1000 is too expensive, blah blah customs are superior, blah blah JH13PRO is better.
How about we actually wait until impressions start rolling out before making assumptions. I mean it's not like the price is going to change with all you guys complaining...
No, I do not have fit issues with my EarSonics EM6! They went back enough times to EarSonics to make the fit perfect. My point is that acrylic customs are very, very rigid, while ear canals are very, very flexible. That is, perfect fit is only achieved when the head and jaws are held in the same position they were when the impressions were made. Universals on the other hand are usually more flexible and less deeply inserted and so retain their fit and comfort whatever position we keep our body/head in. I personally find this to be a major advantage of the universal fit.
For the record, I don't have this issue with my all acrylic JH5. I think lifting weights is the toughest test (face contortions, sweat, etc) and mine never go out of whack.
But that's me, I suppose it could happen with others depending on ear anatomy.
Mine neither, but as I said, if affects "perfect fit" and so sound, but if you haven't noticed, it just might be because you're lifting weights... (Sorry, just couldn't resist!)
But I would be pleased if they beat a JH13 soundwise, in that case I'm definatly in.
Well, you choosed worst site for poiting out how Shure is selling well. They sell 2 westones, 1 Etymotic and than random german brands, no surprise Shure, only mainstream brand with all models, will be their top seller. Its like saying ipod are best selling mp3 players in Apple store.
LOL, you're right, I missed that. I thought Thomann is a huge store so they'd be offering all brands. My bad.
What other universal IEMs are out there that cost ~$1000 USD. I don't hear people complaining about those being expensive...seriously guys just get over it all ready, sheesh.
As I've stated before, I'm going to pay the “ransom” for the SE846. I think a lot of people who bought (and liked) the IE8(or 80) will pass on the IE800 because of the price and the same will apply here too.
And I still don't think R&D (and build cost, etc) play a significant role in the case of this new offering from Shure. There was R&D going from E5 to E500 (to include an extra driver) but the price didn't double.
Hey, I wonder which one-thousand dollar item had the most intensive research and the most patent-pending development: the SE846, the HM-901, or the Microsoft Surface? [ I don't really wonder.... ]
On a digressive note, I'm not a Wolfson disciple, but the Surface sounds good right out of the headphone jack with the standard software player. Gee, I “Shure” hope the good people at Cadillac don't take a page from Shure and jack up the price of the 2014 Cadillac ELR because of all the cool new tech development (engine and otherwise) and super cool new look.
There's definitely an audiophile premium and I'm in the bubble. I was thinking the Schitt amp Valhalia seemed like a good deal at $349 (the same price I paid for my Onkyo 7.1 home theater receiver which does everything but take out the trash).
I'm “Shure” I am going to pay the price for the SE846, so I'm going to gripe a little ahead of opening and emptying the ol' wallet.
So, a technical question I was thinking about.
I'm no engineer but as I understand it that 'plate maze' for the sound essentially routes the low frequency sounds through a very long channel, and because higher frequencies do not bend around objects as well they just end up 'lost in the maze' so to speak.
I'm wondering what advantage this mechanical filter has over trying to achieve the same kind of roll-off with the crossover electronics?
Also a bass tube with a curve on it - is that the same principle as found in the JVC FX100 / 200?
I think this pricing point may do to the SE535 what the HD800 does to the HD650. While many may pay the high price for premium, even more people than before will know right where they belong in the Shure line up. Suddenly, my $400 SE535 (just as my HD650) seems like a value! That doesn't happen if the SE846 comes in around $600. I bet these are priced just perfectly to divide the Shure potential buyers between the haves and the have even mores. I'm sensing they will sell more SE535 than they were before releasing the SE846. If the SE535 were released the same day as the SE846, I bet it would make more profit for the company over the long haul, and even more so, because of the existence of the premium SE846.
I have no problem driving my 535's with my iPhone 5 (i have both a Fiio E11 and a JDS Labs O2 but rarely use them) but I read one of the first impressions was that the 846 needed an amp to properly drive it. My question is the 846 has a stated impedance of 8 omh while the 535 has a 36 omh. Everything else being equal wouldn't that make the 846 easier to drive than the 535 and not require an amp?
19 out of 20 people on headfi say that they need an amp to properly drive whatever they are listening through. Personally, I think, my SE535 does great from an ipod classic. I sold my C5 and pocketed the $150. I just couldn't hear an improvement, though there was a difference.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › ATH-W5000 Raffinato 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Essentially NEW HD600 FS or FT + cash for your HD700 or T90 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 minutes ago
- › New Grado GH1 headphone available for pre order at TTVJAudio!!! 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)