UE probably do sell a lot of unverisal's, I have a pair, not sure about their customs figures JH of JH customs was the guy who pioneered them then sold UE to logitech which probably took some business away.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- A Shure SE846 Review: and the agony of having to send them back... Last post on 2/18/15 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow what happened to this thread?
Blah blah $1000 is too expensive, blah blah customs are superior, blah blah JH13PRO is better.
How about we actually wait until impressions start rolling out before making assumptions. I mean it's not like the price is going to change with all you guys complaining...
No, I do not have fit issues with my EarSonics EM6! They went back enough times to EarSonics to make the fit perfect. My point is that acrylic customs are very, very rigid, while ear canals are very, very flexible. That is, perfect fit is only achieved when the head and jaws are held in the same position they were when the impressions were made. Universals on the other hand are usually more flexible and less deeply inserted and so retain their fit and comfort whatever position we keep our body/head in. I personally find this to be a major advantage of the universal fit.
For the record, I don't have this issue with my all acrylic JH5. I think lifting weights is the toughest test (face contortions, sweat, etc) and mine never go out of whack.
But that's me, I suppose it could happen with others depending on ear anatomy.
Mine neither, but as I said, if affects "perfect fit" and so sound, but if you haven't noticed, it just might be because you're lifting weights... (Sorry, just couldn't resist!)
But I would be pleased if they beat a JH13 soundwise, in that case I'm definatly in.
Well, you choosed worst site for poiting out how Shure is selling well. They sell 2 westones, 1 Etymotic and than random german brands, no surprise Shure, only mainstream brand with all models, will be their top seller. Its like saying ipod are best selling mp3 players in Apple store.
LOL, you're right, I missed that. I thought Thomann is a huge store so they'd be offering all brands. My bad.
As I've stated before, I'm going to pay the “ransom” for the SE846. I think a lot of people who bought (and liked) the IE8(or 80) will pass on the IE800 because of the price and the same will apply here too.
And I still don't think R&D (and build cost, etc) play a significant role in the case of this new offering from Shure. There was R&D going from E5 to E500 (to include an extra driver) but the price didn't double.
Hey, I wonder which one-thousand dollar item had the most intensive research and the most patent-pending development: the SE846, the HM-901, or the Microsoft Surface? [ I don't really wonder.... ]
On a digressive note, I'm not a Wolfson disciple, but the Surface sounds good right out of the headphone jack with the standard software player. Gee, I “Shure” hope the good people at Cadillac don't take a page from Shure and jack up the price of the 2014 Cadillac ELR because of all the cool new tech development (engine and otherwise) and super cool new look.
There's definitely an audiophile premium and I'm in the bubble. I was thinking the Schitt amp Valhalia seemed like a good deal at $349 (the same price I paid for my Onkyo 7.1 home theater receiver which does everything but take out the trash).
I'm “Shure” I am going to pay the price for the SE846, so I'm going to gripe a little ahead of opening and emptying the ol' wallet.
So, a technical question I was thinking about.
I'm no engineer but as I understand it that 'plate maze' for the sound essentially routes the low frequency sounds through a very long channel, and because higher frequencies do not bend around objects as well they just end up 'lost in the maze' so to speak.
I'm wondering what advantage this mechanical filter has over trying to achieve the same kind of roll-off with the crossover electronics?
Also a bass tube with a curve on it - is that the same principle as found in the JVC FX100 / 200?
I think this pricing point may do to the SE535 what the HD800 does to the HD650. While many may pay the high price for premium, even more people than before will know right where they belong in the Shure line up. Suddenly, my $400 SE535 (just as my HD650) seems like a value! That doesn't happen if the SE846 comes in around $600. I bet these are priced just perfectly to divide the Shure potential buyers between the haves and the have even mores. I'm sensing they will sell more SE535 than they were before releasing the SE846. If the SE535 were released the same day as the SE846, I bet it would make more profit for the company over the long haul, and even more so, because of the existence of the premium SE846.
I have no problem driving my 535's with my iPhone 5 (i have both a Fiio E11 and a JDS Labs O2 but rarely use them) but I read one of the first impressions was that the 846 needed an amp to properly drive it. My question is the 846 has a stated impedance of 8 omh while the 535 has a 36 omh. Everything else being equal wouldn't that make the 846 easier to drive than the 535 and not require an amp?
19 out of 20 people on headfi say that they need an amp to properly drive whatever they are listening through. Personally, I think, my SE535 does great from an ipod classic. I sold my C5 and pocketed the $150. I just couldn't hear an improvement, though there was a difference.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 13 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 14 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 26 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Vinnie Rossi LIO - Ultracapacitor-Powered, Modular Hi-Fi System is... 1 minute ago
- › Best amp/dac pairing for Sennheiser HD650. (Unlimited Budget) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3