UE probably do sell a lot of unverisal's, I have a pair, not sure about their customs figures JH of JH customs was the guy who pioneered them then sold UE to logitech which probably took some business away.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) Last post on Today at 1:41 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/18/16 at 7:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow what happened to this thread?
Blah blah $1000 is too expensive, blah blah customs are superior, blah blah JH13PRO is better.
How about we actually wait until impressions start rolling out before making assumptions. I mean it's not like the price is going to change with all you guys complaining...
No, I do not have fit issues with my EarSonics EM6! They went back enough times to EarSonics to make the fit perfect. My point is that acrylic customs are very, very rigid, while ear canals are very, very flexible. That is, perfect fit is only achieved when the head and jaws are held in the same position they were when the impressions were made. Universals on the other hand are usually more flexible and less deeply inserted and so retain their fit and comfort whatever position we keep our body/head in. I personally find this to be a major advantage of the universal fit.
For the record, I don't have this issue with my all acrylic JH5. I think lifting weights is the toughest test (face contortions, sweat, etc) and mine never go out of whack.
But that's me, I suppose it could happen with others depending on ear anatomy.
Mine neither, but as I said, if affects "perfect fit" and so sound, but if you haven't noticed, it just might be because you're lifting weights... (Sorry, just couldn't resist!)
But I would be pleased if they beat a JH13 soundwise, in that case I'm definatly in.
Well, you choosed worst site for poiting out how Shure is selling well. They sell 2 westones, 1 Etymotic and than random german brands, no surprise Shure, only mainstream brand with all models, will be their top seller. Its like saying ipod are best selling mp3 players in Apple store.
LOL, you're right, I missed that. I thought Thomann is a huge store so they'd be offering all brands. My bad.
What other universal IEMs are out there that cost ~$1000 USD. I don't hear people complaining about those being expensive...seriously guys just get over it all ready, sheesh.
As I've stated before, I'm going to pay the “ransom” for the SE846. I think a lot of people who bought (and liked) the IE8(or 80) will pass on the IE800 because of the price and the same will apply here too.
And I still don't think R&D (and build cost, etc) play a significant role in the case of this new offering from Shure. There was R&D going from E5 to E500 (to include an extra driver) but the price didn't double.
Hey, I wonder which one-thousand dollar item had the most intensive research and the most patent-pending development: the SE846, the HM-901, or the Microsoft Surface? [ I don't really wonder.... ]
On a digressive note, I'm not a Wolfson disciple, but the Surface sounds good right out of the headphone jack with the standard software player. Gee, I “Shure” hope the good people at Cadillac don't take a page from Shure and jack up the price of the 2014 Cadillac ELR because of all the cool new tech development (engine and otherwise) and super cool new look.
There's definitely an audiophile premium and I'm in the bubble. I was thinking the Schitt amp Valhalia seemed like a good deal at $349 (the same price I paid for my Onkyo 7.1 home theater receiver which does everything but take out the trash).
I'm “Shure” I am going to pay the price for the SE846, so I'm going to gripe a little ahead of opening and emptying the ol' wallet.
So, a technical question I was thinking about.
I'm no engineer but as I understand it that 'plate maze' for the sound essentially routes the low frequency sounds through a very long channel, and because higher frequencies do not bend around objects as well they just end up 'lost in the maze' so to speak.
I'm wondering what advantage this mechanical filter has over trying to achieve the same kind of roll-off with the crossover electronics?
Also a bass tube with a curve on it - is that the same principle as found in the JVC FX100 / 200?
I think this pricing point may do to the SE535 what the HD800 does to the HD650. While many may pay the high price for premium, even more people than before will know right where they belong in the Shure line up. Suddenly, my $400 SE535 (just as my HD650) seems like a value! That doesn't happen if the SE846 comes in around $600. I bet these are priced just perfectly to divide the Shure potential buyers between the haves and the have even mores. I'm sensing they will sell more SE535 than they were before releasing the SE846. If the SE535 were released the same day as the SE846, I bet it would make more profit for the company over the long haul, and even more so, because of the existence of the premium SE846.
I have no problem driving my 535's with my iPhone 5 (i have both a Fiio E11 and a JDS Labs O2 but rarely use them) but I read one of the first impressions was that the 846 needed an amp to properly drive it. My question is the 846 has a stated impedance of 8 omh while the 535 has a 36 omh. Everything else being equal wouldn't that make the 846 easier to drive than the 535 and not require an amp?
19 out of 20 people on headfi say that they need an amp to properly drive whatever they are listening through. Personally, I think, my SE535 does great from an ipod classic. I sold my C5 and pocketed the $150. I just couldn't hear an improvement, though there was a difference.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › DDC - Digital USB interfaces - Xmos or Amanero Combo384 based -... 1 minute ago
- › Burson Soloist SL MK2 Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 6 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 6 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...