And those pics!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on 4/26/15 at 8:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
At first, I'm very thankful to FiiO for giving chance to use and review this great portable music player. I'm owner of the FiiO X3 1st, E3, E7 and E9, so I know how FiiO made great DAPs and...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 198
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't like the stiffness, but it's durable so it has it's benefits. Even thinner cables bother me, but yeah, I could see what you mean. Hey, it's good for reducing micro-phonics though. I have PFE 112 and and took out the plastic over ear adapter, and it's just thin cable, and I like that, same for my CK10. So yeah, thickness, not so friendly for glasses wearers.
I have customs and same situation since typical custom cables have another layer to cover up the memory metal. It's bothersome.
I wear glasses and I like the Shure cables. Granted it's the SE425 that I have, but I reckon the memory wire would be similar to the SE846. I actually like the memory wire because I can shape it so it actually hugs my ear. It keeps the IEM secure to my ear much better than other cables I've tried.
You and I is no longer friends. Wait... did we shake hands and do the dance? Shure's Matthew was at the headphone show today and introduced me to an inexpensive aftermarket cable that would do the trick. It was pretty nice actually. I'm slotted in for probably an October purchase. I'll join the club.
I got my SE846 today, along with the westone mmcx cable with mic. Had to cut off some of the rubber at the connectors, but otherwise works perfectly, with no memory wire, although i didn't mind it with my old w4r. Might try the silver cable I can get with mic after burn in.
Memory section on Heir Magnus cable is stiffer, or rather plastic sheathing is. Not bothersome in terms of comfort but in terms of looping round and getting it to behave.
SE846 is making me think of selling off one of the other IEM. Still want to keep one or two for when it is too scary to take the SE846 outside into the inclement British weather. Leaning towards the PFE 232, which is annoying as had purchased enough grey filters for the next lifetime (all Phonak owners can blame me if they cannot locate grey filters stock ha)
I wouldn't worry about it. The 846 survived daily outdoor use in the Canadian winter and spring... England should be cake ;)
Yeah no worries. Use an umbrella or a hoody. The se846 is really well sealed.
I've had my SE846s for a week now. Listening to hifitrack free sample FLC files, via Accudio app on my iphone 5.
Highly recommend that everyone tries that album out as it has a great selection of songs to push your iems.
I am amazed by the instrument separation and detail on these iems. They are incredibly versatile over many genres of music.
Initially, I was also very weary about spending this kind of money, but it's been well worth it. Thoroughly enjoying them.
2 minor issues:
1) the stock cables are too long and should have ended at the "Y", allowing Shure customers to re-use their iphone mic/remote that they separately bought.
2) the memory wire still makes this less comfortable for wearers of glasses.
Hey guys... how much does the 846 leak sound? I want to buy and IEM for a sort of quiet library type of setting and I was wondering if the 846 would be the best. Would the IE800/K3003i also work?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 42 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD201 vs HD202 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen preview world-tour--first impressions starting page 8! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by joku213
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2