And those pics!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Yesterday at 11:44 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 198
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't like the stiffness, but it's durable so it has it's benefits. Even thinner cables bother me, but yeah, I could see what you mean. Hey, it's good for reducing micro-phonics though. I have PFE 112 and and took out the plastic over ear adapter, and it's just thin cable, and I like that, same for my CK10. So yeah, thickness, not so friendly for glasses wearers.
I have customs and same situation since typical custom cables have another layer to cover up the memory metal. It's bothersome.
I wear glasses and I like the Shure cables. Granted it's the SE425 that I have, but I reckon the memory wire would be similar to the SE846. I actually like the memory wire because I can shape it so it actually hugs my ear. It keeps the IEM secure to my ear much better than other cables I've tried.
You and I is no longer friends. Wait... did we shake hands and do the dance? Shure's Matthew was at the headphone show today and introduced me to an inexpensive aftermarket cable that would do the trick. It was pretty nice actually. I'm slotted in for probably an October purchase. I'll join the club.
I got my SE846 today, along with the westone mmcx cable with mic. Had to cut off some of the rubber at the connectors, but otherwise works perfectly, with no memory wire, although i didn't mind it with my old w4r. Might try the silver cable I can get with mic after burn in.
Memory section on Heir Magnus cable is stiffer, or rather plastic sheathing is. Not bothersome in terms of comfort but in terms of looping round and getting it to behave.
SE846 is making me think of selling off one of the other IEM. Still want to keep one or two for when it is too scary to take the SE846 outside into the inclement British weather. Leaning towards the PFE 232, which is annoying as had purchased enough grey filters for the next lifetime (all Phonak owners can blame me if they cannot locate grey filters stock ha)
I wouldn't worry about it. The 846 survived daily outdoor use in the Canadian winter and spring... England should be cake ;)
Yeah no worries. Use an umbrella or a hoody. The se846 is really well sealed.
I've had my SE846s for a week now. Listening to hifitrack free sample FLC files, via Accudio app on my iphone 5.
Highly recommend that everyone tries that album out as it has a great selection of songs to push your iems.
I am amazed by the instrument separation and detail on these iems. They are incredibly versatile over many genres of music.
Initially, I was also very weary about spending this kind of money, but it's been well worth it. Thoroughly enjoying them.
2 minor issues:
1) the stock cables are too long and should have ended at the "Y", allowing Shure customers to re-use their iphone mic/remote that they separately bought.
2) the memory wire still makes this less comfortable for wearers of glasses.
Hey guys... how much does the 846 leak sound? I want to buy and IEM for a sort of quiet library type of setting and I was wondering if the 846 would be the best. Would the IE800/K3003i also work?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Objectivists board room 5 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2