And those pics!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 7:38 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 or Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 8/31/14 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 earphones affected by humidity and moisture? Last post on 8/21/14 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- shure se 846 is there any warmer iem than it Last post on 7/11/14 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 198
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't like the stiffness, but it's durable so it has it's benefits. Even thinner cables bother me, but yeah, I could see what you mean. Hey, it's good for reducing micro-phonics though. I have PFE 112 and and took out the plastic over ear adapter, and it's just thin cable, and I like that, same for my CK10. So yeah, thickness, not so friendly for glasses wearers.
I have customs and same situation since typical custom cables have another layer to cover up the memory metal. It's bothersome.
I wear glasses and I like the Shure cables. Granted it's the SE425 that I have, but I reckon the memory wire would be similar to the SE846. I actually like the memory wire because I can shape it so it actually hugs my ear. It keeps the IEM secure to my ear much better than other cables I've tried.
You and I is no longer friends. Wait... did we shake hands and do the dance? Shure's Matthew was at the headphone show today and introduced me to an inexpensive aftermarket cable that would do the trick. It was pretty nice actually. I'm slotted in for probably an October purchase. I'll join the club.
I got my SE846 today, along with the westone mmcx cable with mic. Had to cut off some of the rubber at the connectors, but otherwise works perfectly, with no memory wire, although i didn't mind it with my old w4r. Might try the silver cable I can get with mic after burn in.
Memory section on Heir Magnus cable is stiffer, or rather plastic sheathing is. Not bothersome in terms of comfort but in terms of looping round and getting it to behave.
SE846 is making me think of selling off one of the other IEM. Still want to keep one or two for when it is too scary to take the SE846 outside into the inclement British weather. Leaning towards the PFE 232, which is annoying as had purchased enough grey filters for the next lifetime (all Phonak owners can blame me if they cannot locate grey filters stock ha)
I wouldn't worry about it. The 846 survived daily outdoor use in the Canadian winter and spring... England should be cake ;)
Yeah no worries. Use an umbrella or a hoody. The se846 is really well sealed.
I've had my SE846s for a week now. Listening to hifitrack free sample FLC files, via Accudio app on my iphone 5.
Highly recommend that everyone tries that album out as it has a great selection of songs to push your iems.
I am amazed by the instrument separation and detail on these iems. They are incredibly versatile over many genres of music.
Initially, I was also very weary about spending this kind of money, but it's been well worth it. Thoroughly enjoying them.
2 minor issues:
1) the stock cables are too long and should have ended at the "Y", allowing Shure customers to re-use their iphone mic/remote that they separately bought.
2) the memory wire still makes this less comfortable for wearers of glasses.
Hey guys... how much does the 846 leak sound? I want to buy and IEM for a sort of quiet library type of setting and I was wondering if the 846 would be the best. Would the IE800/K3003i also work?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 22 seconds ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 40 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 55 seconds ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 3 minutes ago
- › Help choosing Audio Interface 4 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 4 minutes ago
- › Vsonic GR06 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)