And those pics!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 12:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 8/14/15 at 7:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 8/3/15 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 198
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't like the stiffness, but it's durable so it has it's benefits. Even thinner cables bother me, but yeah, I could see what you mean. Hey, it's good for reducing micro-phonics though. I have PFE 112 and and took out the plastic over ear adapter, and it's just thin cable, and I like that, same for my CK10. So yeah, thickness, not so friendly for glasses wearers.
I have customs and same situation since typical custom cables have another layer to cover up the memory metal. It's bothersome.
I wear glasses and I like the Shure cables. Granted it's the SE425 that I have, but I reckon the memory wire would be similar to the SE846. I actually like the memory wire because I can shape it so it actually hugs my ear. It keeps the IEM secure to my ear much better than other cables I've tried.
You and I is no longer friends. Wait... did we shake hands and do the dance? Shure's Matthew was at the headphone show today and introduced me to an inexpensive aftermarket cable that would do the trick. It was pretty nice actually. I'm slotted in for probably an October purchase. I'll join the club.
I got my SE846 today, along with the westone mmcx cable with mic. Had to cut off some of the rubber at the connectors, but otherwise works perfectly, with no memory wire, although i didn't mind it with my old w4r. Might try the silver cable I can get with mic after burn in.
Memory section on Heir Magnus cable is stiffer, or rather plastic sheathing is. Not bothersome in terms of comfort but in terms of looping round and getting it to behave.
SE846 is making me think of selling off one of the other IEM. Still want to keep one or two for when it is too scary to take the SE846 outside into the inclement British weather. Leaning towards the PFE 232, which is annoying as had purchased enough grey filters for the next lifetime (all Phonak owners can blame me if they cannot locate grey filters stock ha)
I wouldn't worry about it. The 846 survived daily outdoor use in the Canadian winter and spring... England should be cake ;)
Yeah no worries. Use an umbrella or a hoody. The se846 is really well sealed.
I've had my SE846s for a week now. Listening to hifitrack free sample FLC files, via Accudio app on my iphone 5.
Highly recommend that everyone tries that album out as it has a great selection of songs to push your iems.
I am amazed by the instrument separation and detail on these iems. They are incredibly versatile over many genres of music.
Initially, I was also very weary about spending this kind of money, but it's been well worth it. Thoroughly enjoying them.
2 minor issues:
1) the stock cables are too long and should have ended at the "Y", allowing Shure customers to re-use their iphone mic/remote that they separately bought.
2) the memory wire still makes this less comfortable for wearers of glasses.
Hey guys... how much does the 846 leak sound? I want to buy and IEM for a sort of quiet library type of setting and I was wondering if the 846 would be the best. Would the IE800/K3003i also work?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 4 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Headphones - With full westone warranty - sealed in box 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 12 seconds ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 50 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Meier Corda Headsix 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2