And those pics!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 5:08 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these...
Oriveti Primacy: Making music sound like music Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 198
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I didn't like the stiffness, but it's durable so it has it's benefits. Even thinner cables bother me, but yeah, I could see what you mean. Hey, it's good for reducing micro-phonics though. I have PFE 112 and and took out the plastic over ear adapter, and it's just thin cable, and I like that, same for my CK10. So yeah, thickness, not so friendly for glasses wearers.
I have customs and same situation since typical custom cables have another layer to cover up the memory metal. It's bothersome.
I wear glasses and I like the Shure cables. Granted it's the SE425 that I have, but I reckon the memory wire would be similar to the SE846. I actually like the memory wire because I can shape it so it actually hugs my ear. It keeps the IEM secure to my ear much better than other cables I've tried.
You and I is no longer friends. Wait... did we shake hands and do the dance? Shure's Matthew was at the headphone show today and introduced me to an inexpensive aftermarket cable that would do the trick. It was pretty nice actually. I'm slotted in for probably an October purchase. I'll join the club.
I got my SE846 today, along with the westone mmcx cable with mic. Had to cut off some of the rubber at the connectors, but otherwise works perfectly, with no memory wire, although i didn't mind it with my old w4r. Might try the silver cable I can get with mic after burn in.
Memory section on Heir Magnus cable is stiffer, or rather plastic sheathing is. Not bothersome in terms of comfort but in terms of looping round and getting it to behave.
SE846 is making me think of selling off one of the other IEM. Still want to keep one or two for when it is too scary to take the SE846 outside into the inclement British weather. Leaning towards the PFE 232, which is annoying as had purchased enough grey filters for the next lifetime (all Phonak owners can blame me if they cannot locate grey filters stock ha)
I wouldn't worry about it. The 846 survived daily outdoor use in the Canadian winter and spring... England should be cake ;)
Yeah no worries. Use an umbrella or a hoody. The se846 is really well sealed.
I've had my SE846s for a week now. Listening to hifitrack free sample FLC files, via Accudio app on my iphone 5.
Highly recommend that everyone tries that album out as it has a great selection of songs to push your iems.
I am amazed by the instrument separation and detail on these iems. They are incredibly versatile over many genres of music.
Initially, I was also very weary about spending this kind of money, but it's been well worth it. Thoroughly enjoying them.
2 minor issues:
1) the stock cables are too long and should have ended at the "Y", allowing Shure customers to re-use their iphone mic/remote that they separately bought.
2) the memory wire still makes this less comfortable for wearers of glasses.
Hey guys... how much does the 846 leak sound? I want to buy and IEM for a sort of quiet library type of setting and I was wondering if the 846 would be the best. Would the IE800/K3003i also work?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 22 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 - $280 Shipped (Canada) 1 minute ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Atlanta Fall Meet 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...