Is there anyone from SG here in this thread? I'm flying to SG on December, thinking about picking this phone up there. How much does it cost over there? Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 7:19 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 194
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd give them a few weeks of constant listening before making any commitments. Try all the tips. The olives make the sound darker and thicker than the SE846 sounds naturally. Yellow foams or other low density, high throughput ear pieces will give the most neutral sound.
Completely agree! The yellow foams sound alot more natural and resonance is more pronounced. The olives are definitely darker, thcker and the bass THUDS rather than resonates.
I never had yellow foams before but they are the bees knees. Are these made by shure?
I am reporting back:
I returned my UM Pro 50 due to a lose connector on one side of the ear piece and ordered Shure SE846 instead. I was hoping they share the same sound signature at least. After missed the Fedex twice and on the 3rd day, I finally got the SE846 today! Centrance DACport 1 Ohm show up at my door step on the same day. Today must be a special day for me, an early Christmas. I could not wait to give both a try, hook up the SE846 out of the headphone out from my MacBook pro. Man, SE846 has similar overall sound signature but more open and transparent. The bass is much cleaner and VERY tight, kiss as hard as Pro 50 but better defined. I will give credit to pro 50's vocal which is a hair more natural as right now. SE846 has better dynamic, overall timbre balance is much flatter than the Pro 50, sound more (right).
Now, throw in the DACPort 1Ohm into the chain, "wow" and "Oh no" at same time! The DACport cleanup the sound and took all the muddiness what so ever away and improved the SE846 in all areas expect bass. The dark sounding SE846 with DACport sound a little bright. It is all personal reference thought. For someone complain about SE846 being dark, muddy, or slow DACport is the golden key for that!
For me (only) who came from LCD-2 V1, I almost wish I could keep a little bit of the boominess of SE846 with this setup, just little bit you know. As now, I also wish the DACport's output is around 2~3 Ohm, just to warm things up. I think i will get after market cables for them and maybe they will improve with more burn-in time.
I used the blue filter because I have not change them yet, and Westone star tips.
Sum up, I am glad I send the Pro 50 back, and the $300 premium of SE846 is paid off by its performance. I wrote this up because I feel the SE846 deserves. The vocal naturalness of Pro 50 was impressive, I hope the SE846 will catch up in this area with some use.
Yeah that's way too much for a portable dap.
agiprodj.com has them for $850 with coupon code SPRINGFLING , good thru 5/4. They're a good retailer too, I purchased my SE846's from them a few months back for the same price.
Especially for an IEM this good, and didn't it originally retail for $1250, smoking deal at $850 I'd say.
I'm not sure who makes them, but I got my first pair back in 2004 or so from a Shure purchase and loved it till it fell apart. That pair and the pair I use now are a LOT a like.
If you need to buy them in Hong Kong, the cost I bought at was USD850 equivalent (original 1 year warranty). Send me a PM if needed
How long did your pair actually last? I don't really like the idea of disposable earbuds!
If you need to buy more, they are made by Shure:
My first pair lasted about 2 months, give or take. The Olives lasted about 7 years. But the Olives hurt my ears and muffle the sound slightly. The yellow foams probably last a bit longer depending on the climate. I'm going on two months with the current pair. I'll let you know if they last longer.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Earbuds Round-Up 37 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Wyred4Sound Recovery for 140 shipped, or the Recovery and a Geek... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/Blue/MISC Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear