Is there anyone from SG here in this thread? I'm flying to SG on December, thinking about picking this phone up there. How much does it cost over there? Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Keeping IEM's in desk drawer Last post on 9/29/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- An easy way to remove tips from IEMs Last post on 9/23/14 at 8:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- amp for se846? Last post on 9/20/14 at 7:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on 10/1/14 at 8:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 194
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd give them a few weeks of constant listening before making any commitments. Try all the tips. The olives make the sound darker and thicker than the SE846 sounds naturally. Yellow foams or other low density, high throughput ear pieces will give the most neutral sound.
Completely agree! The yellow foams sound alot more natural and resonance is more pronounced. The olives are definitely darker, thcker and the bass THUDS rather than resonates.
I never had yellow foams before but they are the bees knees. Are these made by shure?
I am reporting back:
I returned my UM Pro 50 due to a lose connector on one side of the ear piece and ordered Shure SE846 instead. I was hoping they share the same sound signature at least. After missed the Fedex twice and on the 3rd day, I finally got the SE846 today! Centrance DACport 1 Ohm show up at my door step on the same day. Today must be a special day for me, an early Christmas. I could not wait to give both a try, hook up the SE846 out of the headphone out from my MacBook pro. Man, SE846 has similar overall sound signature but more open and transparent. The bass is much cleaner and VERY tight, kiss as hard as Pro 50 but better defined. I will give credit to pro 50's vocal which is a hair more natural as right now. SE846 has better dynamic, overall timbre balance is much flatter than the Pro 50, sound more (right).
Now, throw in the DACPort 1Ohm into the chain, "wow" and "Oh no" at same time! The DACport cleanup the sound and took all the muddiness what so ever away and improved the SE846 in all areas expect bass. The dark sounding SE846 with DACport sound a little bright. It is all personal reference thought. For someone complain about SE846 being dark, muddy, or slow DACport is the golden key for that!
For me (only) who came from LCD-2 V1, I almost wish I could keep a little bit of the boominess of SE846 with this setup, just little bit you know. As now, I also wish the DACport's output is around 2~3 Ohm, just to warm things up. I think i will get after market cables for them and maybe they will improve with more burn-in time.
I used the blue filter because I have not change them yet, and Westone star tips.
Sum up, I am glad I send the Pro 50 back, and the $300 premium of SE846 is paid off by its performance. I wrote this up because I feel the SE846 deserves. The vocal naturalness of Pro 50 was impressive, I hope the SE846 will catch up in this area with some use.
Yeah that's way too much for a portable dap.
agiprodj.com has them for $850 with coupon code SPRINGFLING , good thru 5/4. They're a good retailer too, I purchased my SE846's from them a few months back for the same price.
Especially for an IEM this good, and didn't it originally retail for $1250, smoking deal at $850 I'd say.
I'm not sure who makes them, but I got my first pair back in 2004 or so from a Shure purchase and loved it till it fell apart. That pair and the pair I use now are a LOT a like.
If you need to buy them in Hong Kong, the cost I bought at was USD850 equivalent (original 1 year warranty). Send me a PM if needed
How long did your pair actually last? I don't really like the idea of disposable earbuds!
If you need to buy more, they are made by Shure:
My first pair lasted about 2 months, give or take. The Olives lasted about 7 years. But the Olives hurt my ears and muffle the sound slightly. The yellow foams probably last a bit longer depending on the climate. I'm going on two months with the current pair. I'll let you know if they last longer.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Sound card or headphone amp? 25 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio or New Schiit? 25 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 55 seconds ago
- › Attaching an Astell & Kern AK100 II to a Heaphone Amp Using a... 1 minute ago
- › Can you squeeze Sub Bass out of Shure SE425 with EQ ? 1 minute ago
- › GR07 - Tips Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Getting the best possible sound from an iDevice... 2 minutes ago
- › Harbeth HL-P3ES-2 30th Anniversary edition bookshelf speakers 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3