Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 174

post #2596 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post



I am speaking from experience. My 846 died three weeks ago and there is no reason to call Shure first. I did call first and all the man said was full out the form, include a copy of my receipt and the IEM and that was it. He suggested sending it with tracking (as the form stated) which I did along with $1000 insurance. I sent my on Monday and had a replace that Friday by 10:30am.

 



And who paid the cost of shipping? Also why do they not answer their phones/emails at the very least to acknowledge this is what needs to be done??? Why do I need to go to a forum online to find that out?!
post #2597 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post



I am speaking from experience. My 846 died three weeks ago and there is no reason to call Shure first. I did call first and all the man said was full out the form, include a copy of my receipt and the IEM and that was it. He suggested sending it with tracking (as the form stated) which I did along with $1000 insurance. I sent my on Monday and had a replace that Friday by 10:30am.

 



And who paid the cost of shipping? Also why do they not answer their phones/emails at the very least to acknowledge this is what needs to be done??? Why do I need to go to a forum online to find that out?!

I paid the $24 but again you could pay as little as $8 (I paid for next day air as I was impatient).

As for why they do not answer you I have no idea.
post #2598 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post


Exactly, then I would be out the cost of shipping, and my $1000 broken headphones would no longer be mine either. No thanks, Shure needs to acknowledge me first and then pay the cost of shipping, any less in unnacceptable to me.

Wish you luck with getting them to pay shipping. General response is "we pay shipping back to you." I respect when a manufacturer does. TDK was one such company. Maybe Shure will step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

I am speaking from experience. My 846 died three weeks ago and there is no reason to call Shure first. I did call first and all the man said was full out the form, include a copy of my receipt and the IEM and that was it. He suggested sending it with tracking (as the form stated) which I did along with $1000 insurance. I sent my on Monday and had a replace that Friday by 10:30am.

Check. Good stuff. I wouldn't have paid an extra dime for the insurance. I have faith in our postal system smile.gif Well that and I don't think it should cost twice the shipping cost for insurance. The expectation should be that it won't get lost or damaged enough on their part where they don't need to charge that much.
post #2599 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post



I am speaking from experience. My 846 died three weeks ago and there is no reason to call Shure first. I did call first and all the man said was full out the form, include a copy of my receipt and the IEM and that was it. He suggested sending it with tracking (as the form stated) which I did along with $1000 insurance. I sent my on Monday and had a replace that Friday by 10:30am.

 



And who paid the cost of shipping? Also why do they not answer their phones/emails at the very least to acknowledge this is what needs to be done??? Why do I need to go to a forum online to find that out?!

 

Just curious - what is the manufacturing date on your set? 

post #2600 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by christrz View Post

 

Just curious - what is the manufacturing date on your set? 

 



1/23/14
post #2601 of 3042

Wow, two threads going with customer service advice and sympathy for one problem. This is a nice community. Love Headfi!

 

The terms and conditions, warranty info, and repair and service procedures are all on Shure's website for people to read before  purchasing any Shure product. If the terms are “unacceptable” to you, don't buy their products.

 

As I stated before (for a hobby), a Shure product problem is a “first world” issue (especially if you live in the U.S.). You're looking at a 5 to 10 day turnaround. I don't know of a manufacturer that has better service than Shure.

post #2602 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post

Wow, two threads going with customer service advice and sympathy for one problem. This is a nice community. Love Headfi!

The terms and conditions, warranty info, and repair and service procedures are all on Shure's website for people to read before  purchasing any Shure product. If the terms are “unacceptable” to you, don't buy their products.

As I stated before (for a hobby), a Shure product problem is a “first world” issue (especially if you live in the U.S.). You're looking at a 5 to 10 day turnaround. I don't know of a manufacturer that has better service than Shure.

Wait till you see the service many custom IEM manufacturers provide.
post #2603 of 3042
Better service than Shure? Any company that answers their phones/emails for starters!
post #2604 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

Better service than Shure? Any company that answers their phones/emails for starters!

 

You are the only person I've seen make that claim since I've been here. Shure has answered every call/email I've made in 10 years. They are a global company. Of course they answer their phones (granted you call during normal business hours).

post #2605 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhhh View Post

Wait till you see the service many custom IEM manufacturers provide.

Apparently this. The UE Pro team has gone so far beyond what I consider exceptional customer service to work with me that I don't even have words for it.

I'm sure that Shure is good too but I have no experience with them, but there don't seem to be many complaints I've seen in my time here.
Edited by vwinter - 3/1/14 at 6:39pm
post #2606 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post
 

 

You are the only person I've seen make that claim since I've been here. Shure has answered every call/email I've made in 10 years. They are a global company. Of course they answer their phones (granted you call during normal business hours).

Was gonna say the same thing. I have had great interaction with Shure support about any questions I've had. I was even put in contact with one of the engineers to better answer my questions.  

 

Speaking of questions, anyone have suggestions on how to clean and maintain the 846 so they shiny and clean looking? :D I handle them a lot so I want to keep them in good condition. 

 

EDIT: LOL Shure has a video on how to clean their iems...nvm


Edited by ottotron - 3/1/14 at 7:03pm
post #2607 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by christrz View Post

Just curious - what is the manufacturing date on your set? 

My original 846s were the first batch manufactured in August 2013. I think Frankrondaniel is the last here at Head-Fi whose has not had to send his back to Shure.
post #2608 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


My original 846s were the first batch manufactured in August 2013. I think Frankrondaniel is the last here at Head-Fi whose has not had to send his back to Shure.

 

Yeah - so far no problems.  I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop sort to speak!

post #2609 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


My original 846s were the first batch manufactured in August 2013. I think Frankrondaniel is the last here at Head-Fi whose has not had to send his back to Shure.

Not true.  Mine are still working perfectly, manufactured 8/10/2013.

post #2610 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post
 

Not true.  Mine are still working perfectly, manufactured 8/10/2013.

 

Just checked - mine are 8/9/2013.

 

I wonder if mine have held up since I haven't tried alternate different filters - I'm still using the defaults.  I've simply tried different tips.  Could the early production runs be fragile enough in some respect that changing filters is more likely to result in some kind of failure?

 

My impression is that the most common failure has been the loss of sound in one of the ear pieces?  There's been mention of "phase" issues in early production runs.  What would be the symptom?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)