I think IE800 is better with classical music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 167
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's also my experience, the IE800 really shine with classic, the SE846 are not shabby either :P
RE-600 : 400$
SE846 : 1000$
i have a feeling , hifiman's bang-for-buck ratio kinda destroys the other 2 - in other words , someone is paying too much money well because he has a lot of money to spend....
Of the last three (or so) 846 "competitors" mentioned in this thread lately, none are isolating. Maybe it's just me, but if I didn't need an isolating earphone, I would've bought an Audeze LCD (something or another-2,3,X) and been done with it.
or they value that last "1-10%", so to speak, more than others.
Are the other IEMs $600 or $900 better than the re-600? Some might argue that, others may not but it depends on what the consumer is looking for. Saying that people spend their money frivolously on products you deem to have low bang for buck ratios is a strange conclusion to draw. At that price range I would even argue that some of the Westone products are a better value than the re-600, but that is just my opinion.
This may be unlikely but does anyone have either the Mentor or the FA-4 iem's to compare to the 846? I'm not sure why but I've been lusting after the 846 for some time now even though I don't really need it in my collection.
And not many people find the RE-600 objectively better than the RE-400.
There are a lot of people that feel that the RE-600 is objectively better than the RE-400, not in terms of accuracy (neutrality). However, more linear, refined treble that's a little smoother along with more linear bass response that also has better depth would be the two main things. What I will agree is that a lot of people don't feel that the RE-600 is 300 dollars better than the RE-400. As for actually being better, overall, I feel the RE-600 is an upgrade to the RE-400, not a complete upgrade though.
My SE846's should be with me by Monday. I also have a Fiio X5 on order. Has anyone had the experience of using the Shure SE846's with the X5?
Do you think an amp and silver IEM cables are worth buying to enhance the sound with the SE846 and X5 combo?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 16 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 30 seconds ago
- › Would my home theatre receiver be able to drive Sennheiser HD 650s? 47 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › *NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series... 1 minute ago
- › Modi2/magni2 Hd 650 clear but harsh. 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 5 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear