I think IE800 is better with classical music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on Yesterday at 12:50 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 or Unique Melody Miracle? Last post on 8/31/14 at 10:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM vs Full-sized headphone graphs Last post on 8/19/14 at 6:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 167
Gear mentioned in this thread:
RE-600 : 400$
SE846 : 1000$
i have a feeling , hifiman's bang-for-buck ratio kinda destroys the other 2 - in other words , someone is paying too much money well because he has a lot of money to spend....
Of the last three (or so) 846 "competitors" mentioned in this thread lately, none are isolating. Maybe it's just me, but if I didn't need an isolating earphone, I would've bought an Audeze LCD (something or another-2,3,X) and been done with it.
or they value that last "1-10%", so to speak, more than others.
Are the other IEMs $600 or $900 better than the re-600? Some might argue that, others may not but it depends on what the consumer is looking for. Saying that people spend their money frivolously on products you deem to have low bang for buck ratios is a strange conclusion to draw. At that price range I would even argue that some of the Westone products are a better value than the re-600, but that is just my opinion.
This may be unlikely but does anyone have either the Mentor or the FA-4 iem's to compare to the 846? I'm not sure why but I've been lusting after the 846 for some time now even though I don't really need it in my collection.
And not many people find the RE-600 objectively better than the RE-400.
There are a lot of people that feel that the RE-600 is objectively better than the RE-400, not in terms of accuracy (neutrality). However, more linear, refined treble that's a little smoother along with more linear bass response that also has better depth would be the two main things. What I will agree is that a lot of people don't feel that the RE-600 is 300 dollars better than the RE-400. As for actually being better, overall, I feel the RE-600 is an upgrade to the RE-400, not a complete upgrade though.
My SE846's should be with me by Monday. I also have a Fiio X5 on order. Has anyone had the experience of using the Shure SE846's with the X5?
Do you think an amp and silver IEM cables are worth buying to enhance the sound with the SE846 and X5 combo?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 seconds ago
- › Trafomatic Head 2 1 minute ago
- › The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth + apt-X latency (Sennheiser MM 500-X etc) 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)