I think IE800 is better with classical music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 6:40 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 167
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's also my experience, the IE800 really shine with classic, the SE846 are not shabby either :P
RE-600 : 400$
SE846 : 1000$
i have a feeling , hifiman's bang-for-buck ratio kinda destroys the other 2 - in other words , someone is paying too much money well because he has a lot of money to spend....
Of the last three (or so) 846 "competitors" mentioned in this thread lately, none are isolating. Maybe it's just me, but if I didn't need an isolating earphone, I would've bought an Audeze LCD (something or another-2,3,X) and been done with it.
or they value that last "1-10%", so to speak, more than others.
Are the other IEMs $600 or $900 better than the re-600? Some might argue that, others may not but it depends on what the consumer is looking for. Saying that people spend their money frivolously on products you deem to have low bang for buck ratios is a strange conclusion to draw. At that price range I would even argue that some of the Westone products are a better value than the re-600, but that is just my opinion.
This may be unlikely but does anyone have either the Mentor or the FA-4 iem's to compare to the 846? I'm not sure why but I've been lusting after the 846 for some time now even though I don't really need it in my collection.
And not many people find the RE-600 objectively better than the RE-400.
There are a lot of people that feel that the RE-600 is objectively better than the RE-400, not in terms of accuracy (neutrality). However, more linear, refined treble that's a little smoother along with more linear bass response that also has better depth would be the two main things. What I will agree is that a lot of people don't feel that the RE-600 is 300 dollars better than the RE-400. As for actually being better, overall, I feel the RE-600 is an upgrade to the RE-400, not a complete upgrade though.
My SE846's should be with me by Monday. I also have a Fiio X5 on order. Has anyone had the experience of using the Shure SE846's with the X5?
Do you think an amp and silver IEM cables are worth buying to enhance the sound with the SE846 and X5 combo?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 7 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 12 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › New Release - AKG K181 DJ Ultimate Edition, launching on Massdrop 29 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 37 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 40 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...