I think IE800 is better with classical music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 1:05 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 167
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's also my experience, the IE800 really shine with classic, the SE846 are not shabby either :P
RE-600 : 400$
SE846 : 1000$
i have a feeling , hifiman's bang-for-buck ratio kinda destroys the other 2 - in other words , someone is paying too much money well because he has a lot of money to spend....
Of the last three (or so) 846 "competitors" mentioned in this thread lately, none are isolating. Maybe it's just me, but if I didn't need an isolating earphone, I would've bought an Audeze LCD (something or another-2,3,X) and been done with it.
or they value that last "1-10%", so to speak, more than others.
Are the other IEMs $600 or $900 better than the re-600? Some might argue that, others may not but it depends on what the consumer is looking for. Saying that people spend their money frivolously on products you deem to have low bang for buck ratios is a strange conclusion to draw. At that price range I would even argue that some of the Westone products are a better value than the re-600, but that is just my opinion.
This may be unlikely but does anyone have either the Mentor or the FA-4 iem's to compare to the 846? I'm not sure why but I've been lusting after the 846 for some time now even though I don't really need it in my collection.
And not many people find the RE-600 objectively better than the RE-400.
There are a lot of people that feel that the RE-600 is objectively better than the RE-400, not in terms of accuracy (neutrality). However, more linear, refined treble that's a little smoother along with more linear bass response that also has better depth would be the two main things. What I will agree is that a lot of people don't feel that the RE-600 is 300 dollars better than the RE-400. As for actually being better, overall, I feel the RE-600 is an upgrade to the RE-400, not a complete upgrade though.
My SE846's should be with me by Monday. I also have a Fiio X5 on order. Has anyone had the experience of using the Shure SE846's with the X5?
Do you think an amp and silver IEM cables are worth buying to enhance the sound with the SE846 and X5 combo?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › The AK320 thread 7 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › X2's worth the extra $$ over the SHP9500? 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FlipEars (CIEM, Made in the Philippines) 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...