I think IE800 is better with classical music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 2/28/15 at 9:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 167
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's also my experience, the IE800 really shine with classic, the SE846 are not shabby either :P
RE-600 : 400$
SE846 : 1000$
i have a feeling , hifiman's bang-for-buck ratio kinda destroys the other 2 - in other words , someone is paying too much money well because he has a lot of money to spend....
Of the last three (or so) 846 "competitors" mentioned in this thread lately, none are isolating. Maybe it's just me, but if I didn't need an isolating earphone, I would've bought an Audeze LCD (something or another-2,3,X) and been done with it.
or they value that last "1-10%", so to speak, more than others.
Are the other IEMs $600 or $900 better than the re-600? Some might argue that, others may not but it depends on what the consumer is looking for. Saying that people spend their money frivolously on products you deem to have low bang for buck ratios is a strange conclusion to draw. At that price range I would even argue that some of the Westone products are a better value than the re-600, but that is just my opinion.
This may be unlikely but does anyone have either the Mentor or the FA-4 iem's to compare to the 846? I'm not sure why but I've been lusting after the 846 for some time now even though I don't really need it in my collection.
And not many people find the RE-600 objectively better than the RE-400.
There are a lot of people that feel that the RE-600 is objectively better than the RE-400, not in terms of accuracy (neutrality). However, more linear, refined treble that's a little smoother along with more linear bass response that also has better depth would be the two main things. What I will agree is that a lot of people don't feel that the RE-600 is 300 dollars better than the RE-400. As for actually being better, overall, I feel the RE-600 is an upgrade to the RE-400, not a complete upgrade though.
My SE846's should be with me by Monday. I also have a Fiio X5 on order. Has anyone had the experience of using the Shure SE846's with the X5?
Do you think an amp and silver IEM cables are worth buying to enhance the sound with the SE846 and X5 combo?
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 vs AKG Q701? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Closed headphones with forward mids and vocals. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Best in-ear headphone for classical musics 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2