Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SE535LTD-J vs SE846 Last post on 4/14/14 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Crap!!! I lost an earpiece from my brand new Inearz customs at the airport. Last post on Yesterday at 10:50 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best custom earpieces. Last post on 4/4/14 at 2:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could only buy one, Westone W60 ($999), Shure SE846 ($999) or WH Audio Roxanne universal... Last post on 4/14/14 at 9:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 846 vs closed headphones Last post on 3/27/14 at 10:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 161
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it, and I think it sounds great. Amp section is pretty so-so, but I mainly run mine from LO to an external amp. I come from a Sony F-807, and this is slightly warmer sounding, but still a very good sound IMO.
Just want to share my story. I bought my SE846's last August from Yodabashi Camera in Osaka. I loved them dearly paired with my tu-05b or ak120.
I came back to England and listened to them all the time. Unfortunately at the end of October the left earpiece died suddenly. Boy was I sad... Unfortunately I was also unable to find my receipt from Yodabashi!!!!
So, I contacted Shure support in the UK and sent an email explaining my predicament. Immediately I got a phone call from a very helpful customer service representative who was amazed that I had managed to get a pair. Apparently, according to him, Shure never release in Japan first and they should not have been on sale. He also said that no stock was due into the UK until the beginning of this year, so unfortunatley I would have to wait for a replacement. He did however say he would look into it.
This representative then spent the next few months keeping me up to date with information.
This is what he found out - Apparently, an early batch of about 100 SE846's had 'leaked' onto the Japanese market, and these had a manufacturing flaw. I have been lucky/unlucky to purchase one of these while I was over there. He also told me that as soon as stock came in I would get a replacement pair.
On my side of things I managed to get Yodabashi camera to send me a photo of their copy of the receipt (thank you!!!) and Shure accepted that as proof of purchase.
So, to cut a long story short, I received a brand new pair of SE846's in the post today, with a brand new UK guarantee. I must say that the UK packaging is much better than the Japanese box I got - I love the plastic uber case :-)
And yes, I am in love with them again - they are incredible IEM's.
Thank you Shure customer services for never forgetting me and getting me replacements as soon as they could. Very impressed.
^^^^ I have been weighing options for a couple months now as I am in the market for a "TOTL" universal IEM. It's Shure's warranty & customer service keeping them slightly ahead of the pack for me.
I have what I believe are first-batch 846's from last August. So far no problems - but it's good to know that Shure will stand behind the product should any problems develop.
Frank I also have a first batch but I can guarantee Earphone Solutions did not get them second hand from the Japanese gray market.
Henry Rollins did a review of the SE846. I've been contemplating getting a pair... and now this!
A dealer mentioned to me they were in talks to stock but that was months ago. UK roll-out taking forever and really want to demo. Am visiting Tokyo in Spring 2014. If rumoured £900 / £1000 UK RRP is true then Google says Tokyo is roughly 40% saving!!
If you are going to be in the US the SE846 is a "mere" £600.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Band Name Game II 4 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude