Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Yesterday at 9:28 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
I loved these Bluetooth earphones,was pme of my best buys, I got them for a shade under $30 at https://www.chinavasion.com/. The earphones come with a bag of silicon clips and different size...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a quick and dirty look at the YHC S600, yet another outstanding hyper-budget earphone worthy of consideration. What the S600 brings to the...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 161
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it, and I think it sounds great. Amp section is pretty so-so, but I mainly run mine from LO to an external amp. I come from a Sony F-807, and this is slightly warmer sounding, but still a very good sound IMO.
Just want to share my story. I bought my SE846's last August from Yodabashi Camera in Osaka. I loved them dearly paired with my tu-05b or ak120.
I came back to England and listened to them all the time. Unfortunately at the end of October the left earpiece died suddenly. Boy was I sad... Unfortunately I was also unable to find my receipt from Yodabashi!!!!
So, I contacted Shure support in the UK and sent an email explaining my predicament. Immediately I got a phone call from a very helpful customer service representative who was amazed that I had managed to get a pair. Apparently, according to him, Shure never release in Japan first and they should not have been on sale. He also said that no stock was due into the UK until the beginning of this year, so unfortunatley I would have to wait for a replacement. He did however say he would look into it.
This representative then spent the next few months keeping me up to date with information.
This is what he found out - Apparently, an early batch of about 100 SE846's had 'leaked' onto the Japanese market, and these had a manufacturing flaw. I have been lucky/unlucky to purchase one of these while I was over there. He also told me that as soon as stock came in I would get a replacement pair.
On my side of things I managed to get Yodabashi camera to send me a photo of their copy of the receipt (thank you!!!) and Shure accepted that as proof of purchase.
So, to cut a long story short, I received a brand new pair of SE846's in the post today, with a brand new UK guarantee. I must say that the UK packaging is much better than the Japanese box I got - I love the plastic uber case :-)
And yes, I am in love with them again - they are incredible IEM's.
Thank you Shure customer services for never forgetting me and getting me replacements as soon as they could. Very impressed.
^^^^ I have been weighing options for a couple months now as I am in the market for a "TOTL" universal IEM. It's Shure's warranty & customer service keeping them slightly ahead of the pack for me.
I have what I believe are first-batch 846's from last August. So far no problems - but it's good to know that Shure will stand behind the product should any problems develop.
Frank I also have a first batch but I can guarantee Earphone Solutions did not get them second hand from the Japanese gray market.
Henry Rollins did a review of the SE846. I've been contemplating getting a pair... and now this!
A dealer mentioned to me they were in talks to stock but that was months ago. UK roll-out taking forever and really want to demo. Am visiting Tokyo in Spring 2014. If rumoured £900 / £1000 UK RRP is true then Google says Tokyo is roughly 40% saving!!
If you are going to be in the US the SE846 is a "mere" £600.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Cowon Plenue D 5 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 seconds ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 25 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway 44 seconds ago
- › Best Portable Dac/Amp Under $600 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...