Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) Last post on Today at 1:54 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 8/3/15 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 161
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it, and I think it sounds great. Amp section is pretty so-so, but I mainly run mine from LO to an external amp. I come from a Sony F-807, and this is slightly warmer sounding, but still a very good sound IMO.
Just want to share my story. I bought my SE846's last August from Yodabashi Camera in Osaka. I loved them dearly paired with my tu-05b or ak120.
I came back to England and listened to them all the time. Unfortunately at the end of October the left earpiece died suddenly. Boy was I sad... Unfortunately I was also unable to find my receipt from Yodabashi!!!!
So, I contacted Shure support in the UK and sent an email explaining my predicament. Immediately I got a phone call from a very helpful customer service representative who was amazed that I had managed to get a pair. Apparently, according to him, Shure never release in Japan first and they should not have been on sale. He also said that no stock was due into the UK until the beginning of this year, so unfortunatley I would have to wait for a replacement. He did however say he would look into it.
This representative then spent the next few months keeping me up to date with information.
This is what he found out - Apparently, an early batch of about 100 SE846's had 'leaked' onto the Japanese market, and these had a manufacturing flaw. I have been lucky/unlucky to purchase one of these while I was over there. He also told me that as soon as stock came in I would get a replacement pair.
On my side of things I managed to get Yodabashi camera to send me a photo of their copy of the receipt (thank you!!!) and Shure accepted that as proof of purchase.
So, to cut a long story short, I received a brand new pair of SE846's in the post today, with a brand new UK guarantee. I must say that the UK packaging is much better than the Japanese box I got - I love the plastic uber case :-)
And yes, I am in love with them again - they are incredible IEM's.
Thank you Shure customer services for never forgetting me and getting me replacements as soon as they could. Very impressed.
^^^^ I have been weighing options for a couple months now as I am in the market for a "TOTL" universal IEM. It's Shure's warranty & customer service keeping them slightly ahead of the pack for me.
I have what I believe are first-batch 846's from last August. So far no problems - but it's good to know that Shure will stand behind the product should any problems develop.
Frank I also have a first batch but I can guarantee Earphone Solutions did not get them second hand from the Japanese gray market.
Henry Rollins did a review of the SE846. I've been contemplating getting a pair... and now this!
A dealer mentioned to me they were in talks to stock but that was months ago. UK roll-out taking forever and really want to demo. Am visiting Tokyo in Spring 2014. If rumoured £900 / £1000 UK RRP is true then Google says Tokyo is roughly 40% saving!!
If you are going to be in the US the SE846 is a "mere" £600.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 second ago
- › SF meet - beginning of November - sign up here!!! 43 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs Element 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 59 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 2 minutes ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2