Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 12:05 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/18/16 at 7:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 161
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it, and I think it sounds great. Amp section is pretty so-so, but I mainly run mine from LO to an external amp. I come from a Sony F-807, and this is slightly warmer sounding, but still a very good sound IMO.
Just want to share my story. I bought my SE846's last August from Yodabashi Camera in Osaka. I loved them dearly paired with my tu-05b or ak120.
I came back to England and listened to them all the time. Unfortunately at the end of October the left earpiece died suddenly. Boy was I sad... Unfortunately I was also unable to find my receipt from Yodabashi!!!!
So, I contacted Shure support in the UK and sent an email explaining my predicament. Immediately I got a phone call from a very helpful customer service representative who was amazed that I had managed to get a pair. Apparently, according to him, Shure never release in Japan first and they should not have been on sale. He also said that no stock was due into the UK until the beginning of this year, so unfortunatley I would have to wait for a replacement. He did however say he would look into it.
This representative then spent the next few months keeping me up to date with information.
This is what he found out - Apparently, an early batch of about 100 SE846's had 'leaked' onto the Japanese market, and these had a manufacturing flaw. I have been lucky/unlucky to purchase one of these while I was over there. He also told me that as soon as stock came in I would get a replacement pair.
On my side of things I managed to get Yodabashi camera to send me a photo of their copy of the receipt (thank you!!!) and Shure accepted that as proof of purchase.
So, to cut a long story short, I received a brand new pair of SE846's in the post today, with a brand new UK guarantee. I must say that the UK packaging is much better than the Japanese box I got - I love the plastic uber case :-)
And yes, I am in love with them again - they are incredible IEM's.
Thank you Shure customer services for never forgetting me and getting me replacements as soon as they could. Very impressed.
^^^^ I have been weighing options for a couple months now as I am in the market for a "TOTL" universal IEM. It's Shure's warranty & customer service keeping them slightly ahead of the pack for me.
I have what I believe are first-batch 846's from last August. So far no problems - but it's good to know that Shure will stand behind the product should any problems develop.
Frank I also have a first batch but I can guarantee Earphone Solutions did not get them second hand from the Japanese gray market.
Henry Rollins did a review of the SE846. I've been contemplating getting a pair... and now this!
A dealer mentioned to me they were in talks to stock but that was months ago. UK roll-out taking forever and really want to demo. Am visiting Tokyo in Spring 2014. If rumoured £900 / £1000 UK RRP is true then Google says Tokyo is roughly 40% saving!!
If you are going to be in the US the SE846 is a "mere" £600.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 43 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Join in the first meeting ever of FiiO in US!! 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for mid level of Active Noise Cancellation headphones/headset 2 minutes ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...