Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SE846 + AK240 Balanced out. Last post on 3/11/14 at 6:26pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- DAC guidance and expert advice requested... Last post on 3/8/14 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms of price? Last post on 3/13/14 at 4:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure 846 vs. JH Roxanne's Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM Assistance! Last post on 2/21/14 at 8:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 161
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I use it, and I think it sounds great. Amp section is pretty so-so, but I mainly run mine from LO to an external amp. I come from a Sony F-807, and this is slightly warmer sounding, but still a very good sound IMO.
Just want to share my story. I bought my SE846's last August from Yodabashi Camera in Osaka. I loved them dearly paired with my tu-05b or ak120.
I came back to England and listened to them all the time. Unfortunately at the end of October the left earpiece died suddenly. Boy was I sad... Unfortunately I was also unable to find my receipt from Yodabashi!!!!
So, I contacted Shure support in the UK and sent an email explaining my predicament. Immediately I got a phone call from a very helpful customer service representative who was amazed that I had managed to get a pair. Apparently, according to him, Shure never release in Japan first and they should not have been on sale. He also said that no stock was due into the UK until the beginning of this year, so unfortunatley I would have to wait for a replacement. He did however say he would look into it.
This representative then spent the next few months keeping me up to date with information.
This is what he found out - Apparently, an early batch of about 100 SE846's had 'leaked' onto the Japanese market, and these had a manufacturing flaw. I have been lucky/unlucky to purchase one of these while I was over there. He also told me that as soon as stock came in I would get a replacement pair.
On my side of things I managed to get Yodabashi camera to send me a photo of their copy of the receipt (thank you!!!) and Shure accepted that as proof of purchase.
So, to cut a long story short, I received a brand new pair of SE846's in the post today, with a brand new UK guarantee. I must say that the UK packaging is much better than the Japanese box I got - I love the plastic uber case :-)
And yes, I am in love with them again - they are incredible IEM's.
Thank you Shure customer services for never forgetting me and getting me replacements as soon as they could. Very impressed.
^^^^ I have been weighing options for a couple months now as I am in the market for a "TOTL" universal IEM. It's Shure's warranty & customer service keeping them slightly ahead of the pack for me.
I have what I believe are first-batch 846's from last August. So far no problems - but it's good to know that Shure will stand behind the product should any problems develop.
Frank I also have a first batch but I can guarantee Earphone Solutions did not get them second hand from the Japanese gray market.
Henry Rollins did a review of the SE846. I've been contemplating getting a pair... and now this!
A dealer mentioned to me they were in talks to stock but that was months ago. UK roll-out taking forever and really want to demo. Am visiting Tokyo in Spring 2014. If rumoured £900 / £1000 UK RRP is true then Google says Tokyo is roughly 40% saving!!
If you are going to be in the US the SE846 is a "mere" £600.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › BRING BACK YOU'RE LOST LOVER, Call:+91-9914703222 5 seconds ago
- › RETRIEVE A LOST LOVE SPELL, Call:+91-9914703222 13 seconds ago
- › healing,Call: +91-9914703222 20 seconds ago
- › strong spell caster,Call; +91-9914703222 30 seconds ago
- › EXAMINATION SPELLS+91-9914703222 36 seconds ago
- › [Multi-Review] Hifiman HM901, Fiio X5, Sony ZX1, Hisound Studio 3rd... 55 seconds ago
- › STOP AND REVERSE A CURSE SPELL+91-9914703222 1 minute ago
- › Laptop or Desktop? 1 minute ago
- › Lost Love Spells,Call:+91-9914703222 1 minute ago
- › Favorite movie soundtrack 2 minutes ago
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude