Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 157

post #2341 of 3042
That is an ambiguous post. What are the reasons making you hesitate purchasing the SE846?
post #2342 of 3042

A question for you all lucky 846 owners. Does the nozzle have an acoustic filter on it? What I mean by acoustic filter is a small net like material that sort of looks like it's there to block ear wax, but is actually a sound filter. The SE535 and SE530s have it. They have the white kind and it helps dampen the harsh highs a bit. I'm wondering if the 846 utilizes the same thing?

post #2343 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

A question for you all lucky 846 owners. Does the nozzle have an acoustic filter on it? What I mean by acoustic filter is a small net like material that sort of looks like it's there to block ear wax, but is actually a sound filter. The SE535 and SE530s have it. They have the white kind and it helps dampen the harsh highs a bit. I'm wondering if the 846 utilizes the same thing?

Yes, it has them, and they're user replaceable. It comes with three different sets for different sound signatures.
post #2344 of 3042
The changeable nozzle filters have what appears to be acoustical dampening material in the entire nozzle. With the black (warm) filter having the most, then the blue (balanced) having less and the white filter (bright) having none. At the end is a screen that could be an acoustical filter or simply a screen so debris does not get into the IEM. It does not appear to be as dense a screen as the one in my SE535.
post #2345 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by feverfive View Post
 

I'm looking for a headphone/IEM upgrade, and still unwilling to delve into customs.  I keep coming back to this thread for no other reason than Shure being a solid company overall (IME at least).  The SE846 are within my budget, but I still find it hard to pull the trigger for some reason.

 

 

I don't know what to tell you. I'm not in the business of selling earphones. I like my 846, but there are more options now than when I decided to buy the 846 in August. There are new universal offerings from Earsonics, JH Audio, and Noble. Without a doubt, there will soon be even more IEMs in the $1000 price range and sonically competitive. It would be nice if a traveling salesperson could go from town to town (in the U.S.) with top universal IEMs (and other portable equipment) and let potential buyers try them (and purchase them) on the spot.

post #2346 of 3042

Does/did anybody compare 846 with Earsonics S-EM6 ? I'm curious about S-EM6.It is so expensive.Is it worth it ?

 

Did anybody listen it ?

post #2347 of 3042

My Shure SE846 arrived today!

 

Finally it got delivered in Australia.

 

I changed the tip to a larger foam olive. I used that for my old SE535. 

 

So I plugged it into my Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 and bloody hell the earphone sings! You can literally feel the air in your ear canal because of the bass unlike the SE535.

post #2348 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamboi View Post

My Shure SE846 arrived today!

Finally it got delivered in Australia.

I changed the tip to a larger foam olive. I used that for my old SE535. 

So I plugged it into my Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 and bloody hell the earphone sings! You can literally feel the air in your ear canal because of the bass unlike the SE535.
Finally! That's great news. Where did you order it from? I have been looking at addictedtoaudio.com.au but it isn't in stock yet...
post #2349 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaud View Post
 

 

Ok, thank you for the clarification as the analogy really spoke to me. Now that you say this, indeed, I wear my SE846 in my nasals while the SE315s are in my ears and, while it sounds better like that to me, I do agree it's not a justified expense to most. But hey, when you can show off with 1 grand nose plugs, it's hard to resist!

Wow I've never heard of this. Should try wearing my old SE535s in my ears and my new SE846 in my nose. I guess sound really conducts through your whole head? 

post #2350 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by tninety View Post
 

Wow I've never heard of this. Should try wearing my old SE535s in my ears and my new SE846 in my nose. I guess sound really conducts through your whole head? 

 

I think if loud enough it should be able to travel up your nasals ;). 

 

Speaking of which, my right 846 driver is indeed not longer from this world and I am back with my 315s, been too lazy to ship the 846 back to the dealer...

post #2351 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaud View Post
 

 

I think if loud enough it should be able to travel up your nasals ;). 

 

Speaking of which, my right 846 driver is indeed not longer from this world and I am back with my 315s, been too lazy to ship the 846 back to the dealer...

So now you are wearing your 315s in your ears and nothing in your nose as opposed to 846 in your nose and 315 in your ear?

 

Started a new thread about this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/693982/wearing-iems-in-your-nose

 

I'm about to get my 535s back from Shure for warranty and will be getting the 846 on Monday from Amazon. Do you recommend the 535s in the ear while the 846s are in your nose?

 

Very interesting idea.

post #2352 of 3042

Hi All,

 

I am wondering if I were to downgrade from the Shure SE846 to the Shure SE535 would I be missing out much.

Why would I do so you might ask? It is because there are many willing to pay top dollar for my SE846 and I feel like splitting this money between home audio (desktop speakers/open cans) and portable earphones.

 

Cheers!

post #2353 of 3042
Do you think there are quality control issues with these phones? Seems like a few failures.
Also do these run fine straight from an ipod touch 5? I just couldnt be bothered with a seperate amp.
Cheers
post #2354 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post
 

Hi All,

 

I am wondering if I were to downgrade from the Shure SE846 to the Shure SE535 would I be missing out much.

Why would I do so you might ask? It is because there are many willing to pay top dollar for my SE846 and I feel like splitting this money between home audio (desktop speakers/open cans) and portable earphones.

 

Cheers!

I'll definitely compare these options before I sell off my 535s:

 

* 535s in ears and 846s in nose

* 846s in ears and 535s in nose

* 535s in ears

* 846s in nose

post #2355 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviemcc View Post

Do you think there are quality control issues with these phones? Seems like a few failures.
Also do these run fine straight from an ipod touch 5? I just couldnt be bothered with a seperate amp.
Cheers

I cannot speak to the quality control issues but with the low impedance of the iPod touch 5 it pairs beautifully with the SE846.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)