- 6,712 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Beijing, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- A Shure SE846 Review: and the agony of having to send them back... Last post on 2/18/15 at 10:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
SE846 vs. FitEar ToGo! 334... that will be an interesting comparison. Hopefully we can try these back-to-back this Saturday at the Tokyo Spring Headphone Festival May 11, 2013
That's what I'm very much looking forward to.
I love my TG334s and have no intent on moving on any time soon, but I did own the 500/535s for a significant period of time and am very curious what Shure has cooked up after so many years since that line was first introduced.
Exploded views of the SE846 internals--including a very cool exploded view of the low-pass filter itself--have been added to the images in the first post of this thread.
Can we get a photo of the SE846 and the SE535 side by side? The fit of the SE535 is perfect for my ears so I would like to see how it compares.
Woha! That's a pretty damn sophisticated low pass.
BTW. Sonion 3800 for lows = expect HUGH bass from it. This design is like a 1964 Quads packed into universal shell. I believe there will be similarities between those two :)
There's some serious innovation going on here, my wallet had a cardiac arrest when I heard about this been a fan of my 535's for ages now, as for the sonion driver my frogbeats c5 has a rather large sonion bass driver in there and they reach low.
Just put an order on earphone solutions for 899+shipping with the 10% discount.
Can't wait to hear them, this one truly sounds revolutionary to me, not a regular 4 driver or a hybrid, but something specifically target at the weakness of conventional BAs which sounds quite promising.
I really wish it comes with 535's intimate and lush mids + dynamic sounding bass. As for treble, since you can always adjust in accordance with your own taste so it should satisfy everybody.
I was told by earphonesolutions that no coupon was available (other than the freeship) on the SE846.
I agree. Only the free shipping was available not a 10% discount.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 55 seconds ago
- › Why are my HD-650s buzzing? :( 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY.... 5 minutes ago
- › TDA7293 parallel design DIY 6 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3