- 8,449 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Beijing, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of Apollo Audio Lab's Viper 6 - 6 BA drivers universal in-ear monitor Last post on 9/6/15 at 10:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Like New SHURE846 [Price Drop] Last post on 2/9/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
SE846 vs. FitEar ToGo! 334... that will be an interesting comparison. Hopefully we can try these back-to-back this Saturday at the Tokyo Spring Headphone Festival May 11, 2013
That's what I'm very much looking forward to.
I love my TG334s and have no intent on moving on any time soon, but I did own the 500/535s for a significant period of time and am very curious what Shure has cooked up after so many years since that line was first introduced.
Exploded views of the SE846 internals--including a very cool exploded view of the low-pass filter itself--have been added to the images in the first post of this thread.
Can we get a photo of the SE846 and the SE535 side by side? The fit of the SE535 is perfect for my ears so I would like to see how it compares.
Woha! That's a pretty damn sophisticated low pass.
BTW. Sonion 3800 for lows = expect HUGH bass from it. This design is like a 1964 Quads packed into universal shell. I believe there will be similarities between those two :)
well im glad to see that this isnt just another shure headphone with slight advantages over the 500/530/535 looks like they stepped up their game in the r&d department
There's some serious innovation going on here, my wallet had a cardiac arrest when I heard about this been a fan of my 535's for ages now, as for the sonion driver my frogbeats c5 has a rather large sonion bass driver in there and they reach low.
Just put an order on earphone solutions for 899+shipping with the 10% discount.
Can't wait to hear them, this one truly sounds revolutionary to me, not a regular 4 driver or a hybrid, but something specifically target at the weakness of conventional BAs which sounds quite promising.
I really wish it comes with 535's intimate and lush mids + dynamic sounding bass. As for treble, since you can always adjust in accordance with your own taste so it should satisfy everybody.
I was told by earphonesolutions that no coupon was available (other than the freeship) on the SE846.
I agree. Only the free shipping was available not a 10% discount.
- Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
- › Fidue Headphones clearance sale 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Are headphones in this price range worth upgrading to? 8 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 12 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 12 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 12 minutes ago
- › TFZ Series 13 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...