Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 2

post #16 of 2875

Subscribed, I'm always interested in final impressions on brand spanking new flagship gear

post #17 of 2875
Thread Starter 

First post updated with full information, a video, and many more photos.

post #18 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

I'm waiting to try these on Saturday in Japan. The 535 was never quite there for me, with not quite the FR balance I wanted. It'll certainly be dangerous to my wallet if they have nailed it with this model. Getting the bass delivered well seems to have been the challenge many IEM makers have set for themselves in the last year.

 

Look forward to your impressions................

post #19 of 2875

Whoa, this is a pretty amazing development...with an amazing price to match. blink.gif

post #20 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

I'm waiting to try these on Saturday in Japan. The 535 was never quite there for me, with not quite the FR balance I wanted. It'll certainly be dangerous to my wallet if they have nailed it with this model. Getting the bass delivered well seems to have been the challenge many IEM makers have set for themselves in the last year.

 

Curiously awaiting your impressions. I enjoyed the 535 while I had it, but there was always something "off" about them, couldn't really put my finger on it. The mids were to die for, but the bass and texture just wasn't there, didn't sound natural to me.

post #21 of 2875

The big question in my mind right now is whether or not the new SE846 will be mid centric like the old 535 flagship or did they decide to go linear this time?

post #22 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

 

Again, I've only spent a few days with it, and I'll have more to say down the road, as I happily spend more and more time with Shure's new flagship SE846.

 

Pricing aside, this seems promising.  smile.gif

post #23 of 2875

$1k pricing for universals is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

post #24 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by aras View Post

$1k pricing for universals is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

It is but it has now become a trend. I think a lot of it has to do with flair and status
post #25 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by aras View Post

$1k pricing for universals is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.


Welcome to 2013. Your bank account will never be the same biggrin.gif

post #26 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post


It is but it has now become a trend. I think a lot of it has to do with flair and status

My view is that it has to do with the market tolerance towards such pricing. No matter how much we rage over the pricing people will buy it simply because of all the attraction it is getting. 

There is something magical about exposure no matter how negative it is, if people are talking about a product it will just attracts attention and potential curious buyers. 

post #27 of 2875

I'm so skeptical about the three different sound signatures: warm, neutral or bright. That just seems such a weird way to sell an iem. Like Shure couldn't decide what sounded great.

post #28 of 2875

If the SE846 can trump the Sennheiser IE800 in the entire FR (Especially Mid-Range and Instrument Separation aside), then this will definitely be worth 999.99 USD.

post #29 of 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

I'm so skeptical about the three different sound signatures: warm, neutral or bright. That just seems such a weird way to sell an iem. Like Shure couldn't decide what sounded great.

They probably just tuned it to one signature that they like and the work is done for them. You just replace the dampers in the nozzle to achieve a different type of tuning. 

post #30 of 2875

another overpriced iem

 

lol , sorry i think i'll pass

 

ps : still there are plenty of people whose banc accounts are greater than their common sense , so i guess these may end up becoming a best-seller

 

oh why do the money usually go to those who don't know how to use them right (sigh)


Edited by proedros - 5/8/13 at 10:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)