Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28) - Page 96

post #1426 of 3042

They don't know... they just say the "end of summer"...

 

Anyway, not sure if anyone has seen this:

 

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/se846-vs-se535-vs-ie800.html

post #1427 of 3042

First of all, noise cancellation.

 

Second of all, with a 4-sentence summary of the sound for each earphone, I still don't understand how the SE846 came in 1st place.

post #1428 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

First of all, noise cancellation.

 

Second of all, with a 4-sentence summary of the sound for each earphone, I still don't understand how the SE846 came in 1st place.

very very salty impressions

post #1429 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

First of all, noise cancellation.

 

Second of all, with a 4-sentence summary of the sound for each earphone, I still don't understand how the SE846 came in 1st place.

 

I concur :)
 

post #1430 of 3042
Glad to see the fun never stops.
post #1431 of 3042

So what is an IEM?

post #1432 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post

So what is an IEM?

 

Indiscriminate Equipment Mockery, based on this entire thread.

post #1433 of 3042
Quote:

 

"Nothing stands out on the IE800."

 

...wut? Has he even heard the IE800?

 

 

Quote:
Sound quality: Overall, this is a very safe sounding earphone. Nothing and I mean nothing stands out in the sound. Is that bad? Not necessarily. If you wanted a very well rounded and ultimately very secure sounding set of earphones, than these are for you. Besides being well-rounded, it's also bright and very clear. I would even argue that it's slightly clearer than the SE846's. But again, no range (low-mid-high) is particularly strong.
 

 

 

Quote:
Sound quality: I've touched on this before. The mid and low ranges are exceptional. The husky and very visceral sounding mid-range gives new life to vocals and string instruments while the low-range can deliver some surprisingly powerful bass and beats. It just barely lags behind the Sennheiser in clarity, but clarity is something you enjoy through acquired taste. Some feel like intense clarity becomes fatiguing after prolonged use. So the Shure may actually have the upper hand here.
post #1434 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

"Nothing stands out on the IE800."

 

...wut? Has he even heard the IE800?

 

 

 

 

 

This "review" is just a POS... Even as someone who doesn't like the IE800 at all finds their comments to it bordered on offensive....

post #1435 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

This "review" is just a POS... Even as someone who doesn't like the IE800 at all finds their comments to it bordered on offensive....
I know we have nothing else to chew on concerning the 846 right now, but let's not give this more attention than it derserves. It is like reading a MC Donalds add and saying that the health claims are not entirely true.
post #1436 of 3042

I am having trouble using the Insert Image button on the editor so i just post this link here.

 

https://imageshack.com/a/img534/350/79r.png

 

KL International AV Show 2013

 

Shure SE846 will be available to be auditioned from 5th to 7th July 2013 at JW Marriot Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 

 

Thanks to Jaben Malaysia.

 

Map

post #1437 of 3042

As for the review - I don't own the IE800, but to a man, each review I've read here talks about the accentuated bass. Nothing stands out? Interesting.

post #1438 of 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolance7 View Post

I am having trouble using the Insert Image button on the editor so i just post this link here.

 

https://imageshack.com/a/img534/350/79r.png

 

KL International AV Show 2013

 

Shure SE846 will be available to be auditioned from 5th to 7th July 2013 at JW Marriot Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 

 

Thanks to Jaben Malaysia.

 

Map

I'll be there. Can't wait to try the 846 !

post #1439 of 3042

Let's turn it back toward IEMs and admire the accessories included in the SE846 package

 

SRx5yQt.jpg

post #1440 of 3042

Very awkward layout with so many different perspectives and elements shot at compeltely different moments at different angles. But we get the picture at least.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)