I personally wouldn't try bypassing the impedance circuit because then I would run into the problem of trying to find an amp that works well with it. I already have the Fiio E17 and according to MLE that works great with Sony Ma900 so no point for me to bypass it when I already have a good set up ready.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 10/19/14 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 5 reasons why you shouldn't miss the Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Coolest headphones for summer? Last post on 6/28/14 at 5:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 61
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Expectation bias and all. They want to believe a mod will aid sound, so they trick their brains into believing it's true.
The MA900 sounds swell off the E17. I like the hint of warmth it gives, so much that I prefer it over the Asgard 2 and Compass 2 with Sabre ES9018 dac chip. YMMV, but I find it more musical off the E17.
I feel the same way, I choose my headphones and gear based on musicality and how organic they sound. The MA900 was among one of the most musical and organic headphones I heard in it's price range. It's not quite AKG level musicality to me but it comes close. Match the MA900 with tubes and you have one really enjoyable listening experience.
Edited by Alexloures - 1/7/14 at 5:41pm
Well my pair of Ma900 was estimated to arrive today on Amazon and they never showed up. That doesn't worry me too much however the tracking thing is worrying me. For everything I have ever ordered on Amazon they constantly update where my package is. For my headphones they have not given me any updates, it has just been stuck on "UPS is processing order" for 3 days now. I hope they come soon or else I will just ask for a refund and order from a different seller.
Btw I did use Amazon Prime free 2-day shipping, that is why I am slightly impatient because I expected it to be here in 2 business days but instead UPS has been processing it for the last 3 days.
UPS has issued a bulletin stating that the weather has delayed things.
I think that both "musical" and "transparent" are terms that don't mean very much, because they are the idealized end points for ALL audio systems.
If an audio product is flat, dull and sterile then it is simply a fail.
The problem with "musical" and "transparent" is that the MA-900 and the Mad Dogs are both headphones that have excellent qualities and yet they sound entirely different, because they have different strong points.
Bough them yesterday on a local sale for around 160 $. They seem very even so far. Everything said about the comfort is true, what was said about the flimsiness is also true, there is even some squeaking when rotating the cups (what I hope to fix with a drop of high viscosity silicone). I believe I have read or heard somewhere that they are metal? to me, only the bar inside feels metal. Is the outside just plastic?
Thanks. Judging by the touch (if it is cool or not) I can tell that everything is metal except the sides of the top of the headband and sides of the ear cup yeah.
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 57 seconds ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 1 minute ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Maestro 2 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-900 9 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)