Musicality is what I want :) I don't know why someone would want headphones that are not musical unless they are like mastering or mixing or something.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 61
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I feel the same way, I choose my headphones and gear based on musicality and how organic they sound. The MA900 was among one of the most musical and organic headphones I heard in it's price range. It's not quite AKG level musicality to me but it comes close. Match the MA900 with tubes and you have one really enjoyable listening experience.
Edited by Alexloures - 1/7/14 at 5:41pm
Well my pair of Ma900 was estimated to arrive today on Amazon and they never showed up. That doesn't worry me too much however the tracking thing is worrying me. For everything I have ever ordered on Amazon they constantly update where my package is. For my headphones they have not given me any updates, it has just been stuck on "UPS is processing order" for 3 days now. I hope they come soon or else I will just ask for a refund and order from a different seller.
Btw I did use Amazon Prime free 2-day shipping, that is why I am slightly impatient because I expected it to be here in 2 business days but instead UPS has been processing it for the last 3 days.
UPS has issued a bulletin stating that the weather has delayed things.
I think that both "musical" and "transparent" are terms that don't mean very much, because they are the idealized end points for ALL audio systems.
If an audio product is flat, dull and sterile then it is simply a fail.
The problem with "musical" and "transparent" is that the MA-900 and the Mad Dogs are both headphones that have excellent qualities and yet they sound entirely different, because they have different strong points.
Bough them yesterday on a local sale for around 160 $. They seem very even so far. Everything said about the comfort is true, what was said about the flimsiness is also true, there is even some squeaking when rotating the cups (what I hope to fix with a drop of high viscosity silicone). I believe I have read or heard somewhere that they are metal? to me, only the bar inside feels metal. Is the outside just plastic?
Thanks. Judging by the touch (if it is cool or not) I can tell that everything is metal except the sides of the top of the headband and sides of the ear cup yeah.
FLOW: Won't You Stay- I just love the MA900 for FLOW which is a J-Rock band. Warm vocals are essential!
UVERworld: The OVER : Great recording, similar to Flow, but with more vocalizing.
PSY: It's Art: I swear this song made me get up and start dancing and cry (ok not really) at the same time. The beauty of this song is magnified.
One OK Rock: The Beginning, and All Mine: Wow... Just wow.
Just played around with dolby headphone with different games and I stand corrected.It works!! The thing is Last of US is just a different beast and I was basing my conclusion largely on that games sound. I loaded up a bot game in cod, free for all, and blocked out the minimap(didnt look at it) and started locating gunshot sounds and killing the bots using the sound alone. Here is my observation:
On stereo: I can still locate enemies, but only when they are left or right. To be more precise if they are either front left back left, or front right back right. The MA900 soundfield is just unreal naturally.In cod, with stereo the front and back audio cues are confusing.I cant tell if the source is in front or back,unless if I listen carefully as the back cues hv noticeably muffled and have less treble.
On DH: I can pretty much pinpoint any sound. it took some getting used to, I had to sort of focus and forget that I was wearing heapdhones and let the soundstage sort of sink in and envelop me.Then it worked wonders. I was just laying the smackdown on them bots :p from left right and center. With dolby headphone you dont have to focus as much and it lets your sort of use your hearing naturally.
I love my ma900s.. :D Still regret buyin those darn axpros few years back.
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › is there a high-end headphones store in London? 46 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 1 minute ago
- › Help me choose wisely!!! Momentum m2 (wired) vs hd25-1 II + dt770... 2 minutes ago
- › Classical Contemporary Music Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 FS/FT 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › FS | 2x "Lightspeed SPDIF" cables (0.5m) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3