I personally wouldn't try bypassing the impedance circuit because then I would run into the problem of trying to find an amp that works well with it. I already have the Fiio E17 and according to MLE that works great with Sony Ma900 so no point for me to bypass it when I already have a good set up ready.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- 5 reasons why you shouldn't miss the Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Coolest headphones for summer? Last post on 6/28/14 at 5:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ma900 vs DT880 and JVC FX850 Last post on 6/24/14 at 10:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- JVC HA-FX850 vs Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 7/5/14 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can my gaming setup be improved? Last post on 2/22/14 at 6:14am in Video Games Discussion
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Expectation bias and all. They want to believe a mod will aid sound, so they trick their brains into believing it's true.
The MA900 sounds swell off the E17. I like the hint of warmth it gives, so much that I prefer it over the Asgard 2 and Compass 2 with Sabre ES9018 dac chip. YMMV, but I find it more musical off the E17.
I feel the same way, I choose my headphones and gear based on musicality and how organic they sound. The MA900 was among one of the most musical and organic headphones I heard in it's price range. It's not quite AKG level musicality to me but it comes close. Match the MA900 with tubes and you have one really enjoyable listening experience.
Edited by Alexloures - 1/7/14 at 5:41pm
Well my pair of Ma900 was estimated to arrive today on Amazon and they never showed up. That doesn't worry me too much however the tracking thing is worrying me. For everything I have ever ordered on Amazon they constantly update where my package is. For my headphones they have not given me any updates, it has just been stuck on "UPS is processing order" for 3 days now. I hope they come soon or else I will just ask for a refund and order from a different seller.
Btw I did use Amazon Prime free 2-day shipping, that is why I am slightly impatient because I expected it to be here in 2 business days but instead UPS has been processing it for the last 3 days.
UPS has issued a bulletin stating that the weather has delayed things.
I think that both "musical" and "transparent" are terms that don't mean very much, because they are the idealized end points for ALL audio systems.
If an audio product is flat, dull and sterile then it is simply a fail.
The problem with "musical" and "transparent" is that the MA-900 and the Mad Dogs are both headphones that have excellent qualities and yet they sound entirely different, because they have different strong points.
Bough them yesterday on a local sale for around 160 $. They seem very even so far. Everything said about the comfort is true, what was said about the flimsiness is also true, there is even some squeaking when rotating the cups (what I hope to fix with a drop of high viscosity silicone). I believe I have read or heard somewhere that they are metal? to me, only the bar inside feels metal. Is the outside just plastic?
Thanks. Judging by the touch (if it is cool or not) I can tell that everything is metal except the sides of the top of the headband and sides of the ear cup yeah.
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › IC: Sennheiser hd800 mint 7 weeks old 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sennheiser IE 800 earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DSD Dac 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)