I personally wouldn't try bypassing the impedance circuit because then I would run into the problem of trying to find an amp that works well with it. I already have the Fiio E17 and according to MLE that works great with Sony Ma900 so no point for me to bypass it when I already have a good set up ready.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- 5 reasons why you shouldn't miss the Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Coolest headphones for summer? Last post on 6/28/14 at 5:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ma900 vs DT880 and JVC FX850 Last post on 6/24/14 at 10:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- JVC HA-FX850 vs Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 7/5/14 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can my gaming setup be improved? Last post on 2/22/14 at 6:14am in Video Games Discussion
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 61
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Expectation bias and all. They want to believe a mod will aid sound, so they trick their brains into believing it's true.
The MA900 sounds swell off the E17. I like the hint of warmth it gives, so much that I prefer it over the Asgard 2 and Compass 2 with Sabre ES9018 dac chip. YMMV, but I find it more musical off the E17.
I feel the same way, I choose my headphones and gear based on musicality and how organic they sound. The MA900 was among one of the most musical and organic headphones I heard in it's price range. It's not quite AKG level musicality to me but it comes close. Match the MA900 with tubes and you have one really enjoyable listening experience.
Edited by Alexloures - 1/7/14 at 5:41pm
Well my pair of Ma900 was estimated to arrive today on Amazon and they never showed up. That doesn't worry me too much however the tracking thing is worrying me. For everything I have ever ordered on Amazon they constantly update where my package is. For my headphones they have not given me any updates, it has just been stuck on "UPS is processing order" for 3 days now. I hope they come soon or else I will just ask for a refund and order from a different seller.
Btw I did use Amazon Prime free 2-day shipping, that is why I am slightly impatient because I expected it to be here in 2 business days but instead UPS has been processing it for the last 3 days.
UPS has issued a bulletin stating that the weather has delayed things.
I think that both "musical" and "transparent" are terms that don't mean very much, because they are the idealized end points for ALL audio systems.
If an audio product is flat, dull and sterile then it is simply a fail.
The problem with "musical" and "transparent" is that the MA-900 and the Mad Dogs are both headphones that have excellent qualities and yet they sound entirely different, because they have different strong points.
Bough them yesterday on a local sale for around 160 $. They seem very even so far. Everything said about the comfort is true, what was said about the flimsiness is also true, there is even some squeaking when rotating the cups (what I hope to fix with a drop of high viscosity silicone). I believe I have read or heard somewhere that they are metal? to me, only the bar inside feels metal. Is the outside just plastic?
Thanks. Judging by the touch (if it is cool or not) I can tell that everything is metal except the sides of the top of the headband and sides of the ear cup yeah.
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › My friend's wife yelled at me. 12 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 39 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW]: Future Sonics MG5Pro 10mm Dynamic Driver Custom Fit... 1 minute ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Silver Dragon V1 CIEM Cable Broken 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K701/K702 vs. AKG Q701? 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)