Definitely. I really think Tyll from Innerfidelity would like these since he likes warm sound signature, but overall nicely balanced. That would lift the MA900 in popularity.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Moon Neo Series 430 HAD Reference Headphone Amplifier With optional DSD/32-Bit PCM DAC Eric Neff Headphone.Guru June 2015 CanJam at RMAF last October was bursting at the seams....
Not as stylish as an A&K but very well built, apart from the flimsy wheel. Good materials and nice finishes and overall intiutive U.I. give a quite nice experience. First of, some APE and DSD...
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 55
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It is always a hit and miss with him so I always take his opinion with a grain. That said I enjoy his reviews and he knows his stuff for sure..The Ma900 is a great headphone, it can be a bit Dull sounding with lively tracks but all in all it is the best in the price range and a good all rounder.
I only briefly auditioned the x1 but as memory serves the Sony is appreciably better. It just has a massive sound sage.
MLE might kick in his 2c...he owned the x1 for a while I believe.
No comparison. The MA900 trumps the X1 on soundstage and projects considerably further out. That is the MA900s forte. The X1 has a good soundstage, great even, but the MA900 is among the very best in imaging and outward projection.
Question about the ma900. Mine just arrived and sounds good but I can't get enough volume out of them before they distort. Does this improve over time or do I just listen louder than the average ma900 lover?
it can certainly handle bass better than the SRH1840 I'm borrowing, which distorts if the bass gets too busy.
I think open headphones tend to be more prone to distorting bass compared to closed headphones.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/2/14 at 5:09am
It definitely wont happen with an ipod because even at full volume, it wont be nearly loud enough. With the o2 though, it can get loud so when it does is when I get that distortion. It can't be defective though since both drivers distort at the same volumes. Unless there is such a thing as matched damaged drivers LOL
Isn't the ma900 around 12 ohms? They have to be defective. The MA900 sounds about as loud, if not louder than my SR80i.
Yah but the sr80i even at full volume of any ipod is not loud enough for me either LOL. I want to be able to play them where I get the same volume as if I were playing drums slamming on the snares myself
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 seconds ago
- › JBL Synchros S400BT (Black) 25 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 37 seconds ago
- › MEE Matrix2 AF62 Bluetooth Headphone 41 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 44 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › P7 Preamp kit / Op amp power help 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › Simaudio MOON Neo 430HA by longbowbbs
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by flognarde
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2