Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So much bass is focused in the mid bass anyways...
For me, it depends. I tend to listen with the ma900 a lot. When I use it for a while, I don't miss the sub bass too much. But when I switch quickly from the he-4 or hd650 the difference in sub bass is more apparent.
Regardless, the Sony is a very good, musical hp.
Mine died and I got something else, but my mom still has hers. I'll snap a seductive pic next time I visit.
Oh wait, I just remembered, hers JUST died a week ago. She needs a new router.
It's certainly lasted a looooong time.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/20/13 at 8:59am
Oh god. I just bought these headphones. I hate spending money, so these better satisfy me. I got them off eBay for $180 + free shipping, and it comes with a 14 day return policy if it turns out I don't like them.
I can probably fix the bass detriment once I get to play around with them.
You have to do more than just a pad swap if you want good bass. You'll see if you look at my little AD2000MKIV review down below (look at the pics). I've changed it since then, but the general layout is basically the same.
Ah, the best version! Easiest to flash with Tomato and DD-WRT. Amazing firmware. DD-WRT helped immensely when optimizing my network for gaming several years ago. Mine unfortunately was destroyed in a move. /tangent.
Remember that in 1976, recordings with anything under 50hz were only of two kinds - pipe organ recordings, and stereo demonstration recordings.
This changed when the star destroyer went overhead in Star Wars in 1977 (and it took years for the home technology to catch up), but you still mostly find "sound effects" under 50hz. Certainly for gamers and movie fans who use headphones, and those who enjoy some hip-hop influenced sub-genres, the response below 50hz can be worthwhile. But for most music, if the response is flat above 50hz, then that ought to be just fine.
I hope to be able to give you a first hand impression on that tomorrow with "Concrete Jungle"...
Random question, is there any person who has posted a step by step how to guide for performing the resistor mod?
I can't really understand a lot of the guides that have been posted because the diagrams do not match the physical appearance of the network, but I do have a soldering iron and if someone could tell me step by step what to do (with pictures) I would really appreciate it.
I am almost thinking of getting a second pair of MA900s and performing the resistor mod on one just to compare the differences.
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 41 seconds ago
- › Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Best 2.0/2.1 Speakers for $350 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2