Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So much bass is focused in the mid bass anyways...
For me, it depends. I tend to listen with the ma900 a lot. When I use it for a while, I don't miss the sub bass too much. But when I switch quickly from the he-4 or hd650 the difference in sub bass is more apparent.
Regardless, the Sony is a very good, musical hp.
Mine died and I got something else, but my mom still has hers. I'll snap a seductive pic next time I visit.
Oh wait, I just remembered, hers JUST died a week ago. She needs a new router.
It's certainly lasted a looooong time.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/20/13 at 8:59am
Oh god. I just bought these headphones. I hate spending money, so these better satisfy me. I got them off eBay for $180 + free shipping, and it comes with a 14 day return policy if it turns out I don't like them.
I can probably fix the bass detriment once I get to play around with them.
You have to do more than just a pad swap if you want good bass. You'll see if you look at my little AD2000MKIV review down below (look at the pics). I've changed it since then, but the general layout is basically the same.
Ah, the best version! Easiest to flash with Tomato and DD-WRT. Amazing firmware. DD-WRT helped immensely when optimizing my network for gaming several years ago. Mine unfortunately was destroyed in a move. /tangent.
Remember that in 1976, recordings with anything under 50hz were only of two kinds - pipe organ recordings, and stereo demonstration recordings.
This changed when the star destroyer went overhead in Star Wars in 1977 (and it took years for the home technology to catch up), but you still mostly find "sound effects" under 50hz. Certainly for gamers and movie fans who use headphones, and those who enjoy some hip-hop influenced sub-genres, the response below 50hz can be worthwhile. But for most music, if the response is flat above 50hz, then that ought to be just fine.
I hope to be able to give you a first hand impression on that tomorrow with "Concrete Jungle"...
Random question, is there any person who has posted a step by step how to guide for performing the resistor mod?
I can't really understand a lot of the guides that have been posted because the diagrams do not match the physical appearance of the network, but I do have a soldering iron and if someone could tell me step by step what to do (with pictures) I would really appreciate it.
I am almost thinking of getting a second pair of MA900s and performing the resistor mod on one just to compare the differences.
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Any first hand experience with Audio In Motion SC808 PCIe sound card? 24 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 4 minutes ago
- › Grado or EarZonk G-cush 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Newbie, I need help choosing a portable DAC/AMP. 5 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2