I can listen to pretty much all genres with them. My favorite would be material that shows off the sound stage. Classical music recorded in a concert hall will blow your mind. Jazz plays well on them. Willie Nelson recorded an album in a Mexican theater called Teatro, sounds fantastic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 12/15/14 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help on moving up to the high end, from HE400, HD598, K702, MA900, HP50 etc... Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 11/3/14 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So much bass is focused in the mid bass anyways...
For me, it depends. I tend to listen with the ma900 a lot. When I use it for a while, I don't miss the sub bass too much. But when I switch quickly from the he-4 or hd650 the difference in sub bass is more apparent.
Regardless, the Sony is a very good, musical hp.
Mine died and I got something else, but my mom still has hers. I'll snap a seductive pic next time I visit.
Oh wait, I just remembered, hers JUST died a week ago. She needs a new router.
It's certainly lasted a looooong time.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/20/13 at 8:59am
Oh god. I just bought these headphones. I hate spending money, so these better satisfy me. I got them off eBay for $180 + free shipping, and it comes with a 14 day return policy if it turns out I don't like them.
I can probably fix the bass detriment once I get to play around with them.
You have to do more than just a pad swap if you want good bass. You'll see if you look at my little AD2000MKIV review down below (look at the pics). I've changed it since then, but the general layout is basically the same.
Ah, the best version! Easiest to flash with Tomato and DD-WRT. Amazing firmware. DD-WRT helped immensely when optimizing my network for gaming several years ago. Mine unfortunately was destroyed in a move. /tangent.
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 12 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 28 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Akihabara Tokyo e-Earphone Winter Festival 2014 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › A little "Hi" to ATH-AD900X and little help ? ( DAC/AMP suggestion ) 1 minute ago
- › An Aspiring Audiophile Seeks Advice 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman RE-400B/RE-600 SE converter cable, JVC Spiral Dot ear tips... 2 minutes ago
- › FLAC or ALAC 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)