^^ Do you mean NO ONE else benefits except those with near zero output impedance amps?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 29
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yay... another convert.
Spread the love!
Matt, I dunno, what I said sounds correct too...
Everyone else benefits from having the resistors... is what I mean on the last line.
Wow, I was actually the one who won the auction, I can't believe they were sold for $85 before.
Now you just made me feel like if i've just been ripped off. haha
They just came today and so far I'm really digging them, the comfort is really good and best thing of all is now my ears won't sweat at all with these on. However, they do move quite a lot around my head due to the large cups and low clampling force.
Btw these guy who is selling them just posted another one for sale, he, as the other seller list them as "new" but mine came with the security seal on the top open and the box a little beaten up, apart from that they were in pretty good condition.
Oh, I somehow got a second chance offer but I went straight talking to the seller. And he said can do $125 shipped to Canada. Later said cant do Paypal invoice directly because eBay wouldn't let him. Then he said he will post something and I need to buy right away. I did that and end up had to pay a little extra and for that new stupid third party prepaid import fee. Worked out to be 150 bucks shipped. Still cheaper than the terminator guy's.
I guess that's how some stuff on eBay got sold instantly. By talking to the seller and he posts something and you buy it now right away.
This guy communication is much better. Instant replies.
So I am back in the "waiting" game. Report back with pictures when I receive.
Oh got the o2 and odac. So far sounded the same as the xonar stx. But then again I put stuff on iPhone and cranked volume up and sounded similar. Same detail amount. Guess iPhone 3GS is not that bad. Oh well at least i look cool at work as the only guy with 2 external boxes plugged into a headphone and to computer.
I like the Dolby and 7.1 surround shifter feature on the xonar card. Is there a software to control the odac to have bass boost? Turning on hi-fi mode on the stx will sound same as the o2 and odac. Got it at mayflower. Seems like a honest guy and good communication. Need to spend more time with these.
1) does sony sell replaceable stock earpads?
2) if not, are there aftermarket earpads that can fit ma900?
i wouldnt wanna trash a perfect working headphone if earpads go bad.
Someone mentions in this thread about buying pads or being able to buy pads from Sony.
Might be worth reading/searching this thread before jumping in.
I honestly don't see it as an issue, there is so little clamp put on that the earpads should last a long time. They act more as a loose guide to keep the headphones on your ear.
I might buy a pair to have but It is a very minor worry for me.
Oh and someone has used other pads but commented on how they effect the ss negatively. Once again search is your friend.
Edited by kcee - 10/15/13 at 6:45am
Right now it's heads down for Uni work hah. Then I have a bunch of gear on me atm that I have to actually review so I can sell it :P
But when the dust settles as far as open headphones go I'd really like to try the Beyerdynamic T90 or the Sennheiser HD700 :3
Hey everyone, after reading alot of positive impressions of the Sony Mdr-ma900, i have decided that these are going to be mine! :p
Also a little influenced by ''Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide'' as it seems to be exactly what i am looking for.
However as i was scouring webshops, i noticed something strange about how the Sony MDR-Ma900 is listed in the few webshops that have it in my country..
They are listed specifically as this: Sony MDR-MA900 B-STOCK.
I havent noticed the mention of ''B-STOCK'' anywhere else.... does the imply anything??? Or is it safe for me to go ahead and order them??
This is my first post on these forums and i'm pretty new to all this so sorry if i'm asking a stupid question ^^;
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 47 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Enjoy the summer while it lasts 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-A4 DAC/Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear Review by mark2410 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2