- 6,163 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 12/15/14 at 9:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help on moving up to the high end, from HE400, HD598, K702, MA900, HP50 etc... Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 11/3/14 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 29
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So basically, the only ones benefitting from removing the resistsors are those with amps that have near zero output impedances. Everyone else benefits, as the resistors keep the frequency response stable from all other amps.
Yay... another convert.
Spread the love!
Matt, I dunno, what I said sounds correct too...
Everyone else benefits from having the resistors... is what I mean on the last line.
Wow, I was actually the one who won the auction, I can't believe they were sold for $85 before.
Now you just made me feel like if i've just been ripped off. haha
They just came today and so far I'm really digging them, the comfort is really good and best thing of all is now my ears won't sweat at all with these on. However, they do move quite a lot around my head due to the large cups and low clampling force.
Btw these guy who is selling them just posted another one for sale, he, as the other seller list them as "new" but mine came with the security seal on the top open and the box a little beaten up, apart from that they were in pretty good condition.
Oh, I somehow got a second chance offer but I went straight talking to the seller. And he said can do $125 shipped to Canada. Later said cant do Paypal invoice directly because eBay wouldn't let him. Then he said he will post something and I need to buy right away. I did that and end up had to pay a little extra and for that new stupid third party prepaid import fee. Worked out to be 150 bucks shipped. Still cheaper than the terminator guy's.
I guess that's how some stuff on eBay got sold instantly. By talking to the seller and he posts something and you buy it now right away.
This guy communication is much better. Instant replies.
So I am back in the "waiting" game. Report back with pictures when I receive.
Oh got the o2 and odac. So far sounded the same as the xonar stx. But then again I put stuff on iPhone and cranked volume up and sounded similar. Same detail amount. Guess iPhone 3GS is not that bad. Oh well at least i look cool at work as the only guy with 2 external boxes plugged into a headphone and to computer.
I like the Dolby and 7.1 surround shifter feature on the xonar card. Is there a software to control the odac to have bass boost? Turning on hi-fi mode on the stx will sound same as the o2 and odac. Got it at mayflower. Seems like a honest guy and good communication. Need to spend more time with these.
1) does sony sell replaceable stock earpads?
2) if not, are there aftermarket earpads that can fit ma900?
i wouldnt wanna trash a perfect working headphone if earpads go bad.
Someone mentions in this thread about buying pads or being able to buy pads from Sony.
Might be worth reading/searching this thread before jumping in.
I honestly don't see it as an issue, there is so little clamp put on that the earpads should last a long time. They act more as a loose guide to keep the headphones on your ear.
I might buy a pair to have but It is a very minor worry for me.
Oh and someone has used other pads but commented on how they effect the ss negatively. Once again search is your friend.
Edited by kcee - 10/15/13 at 6:45am
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 30 seconds ago
- › Indonesia High End Audio Club / IHEAC show 2014 and impression 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Inverting the polarity on headphones dramatically changes soundstage 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)