^^ Do you mean NO ONE else benefits except those with near zero output impedance amps?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 29
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yay... another convert.
Spread the love!
Matt, I dunno, what I said sounds correct too...
Everyone else benefits from having the resistors... is what I mean on the last line.
Wow, I was actually the one who won the auction, I can't believe they were sold for $85 before.
Now you just made me feel like if i've just been ripped off. haha
They just came today and so far I'm really digging them, the comfort is really good and best thing of all is now my ears won't sweat at all with these on. However, they do move quite a lot around my head due to the large cups and low clampling force.
Btw these guy who is selling them just posted another one for sale, he, as the other seller list them as "new" but mine came with the security seal on the top open and the box a little beaten up, apart from that they were in pretty good condition.
Oh, I somehow got a second chance offer but I went straight talking to the seller. And he said can do $125 shipped to Canada. Later said cant do Paypal invoice directly because eBay wouldn't let him. Then he said he will post something and I need to buy right away. I did that and end up had to pay a little extra and for that new stupid third party prepaid import fee. Worked out to be 150 bucks shipped. Still cheaper than the terminator guy's.
I guess that's how some stuff on eBay got sold instantly. By talking to the seller and he posts something and you buy it now right away.
This guy communication is much better. Instant replies.
So I am back in the "waiting" game. Report back with pictures when I receive.
Oh got the o2 and odac. So far sounded the same as the xonar stx. But then again I put stuff on iPhone and cranked volume up and sounded similar. Same detail amount. Guess iPhone 3GS is not that bad. Oh well at least i look cool at work as the only guy with 2 external boxes plugged into a headphone and to computer.
I like the Dolby and 7.1 surround shifter feature on the xonar card. Is there a software to control the odac to have bass boost? Turning on hi-fi mode on the stx will sound same as the o2 and odac. Got it at mayflower. Seems like a honest guy and good communication. Need to spend more time with these.
1) does sony sell replaceable stock earpads?
2) if not, are there aftermarket earpads that can fit ma900?
i wouldnt wanna trash a perfect working headphone if earpads go bad.
Someone mentions in this thread about buying pads or being able to buy pads from Sony.
Might be worth reading/searching this thread before jumping in.
I honestly don't see it as an issue, there is so little clamp put on that the earpads should last a long time. They act more as a loose guide to keep the headphones on your ear.
I might buy a pair to have but It is a very minor worry for me.
Oh and someone has used other pads but commented on how they effect the ss negatively. Once again search is your friend.
Edited by kcee - 10/15/13 at 6:45am
Right now it's heads down for Uni work hah. Then I have a bunch of gear on me atm that I have to actually review so I can sell it :P
But when the dust settles as far as open headphones go I'd really like to try the Beyerdynamic T90 or the Sennheiser HD700 :3
Hey everyone, after reading alot of positive impressions of the Sony Mdr-ma900, i have decided that these are going to be mine! :p
Also a little influenced by ''Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide'' as it seems to be exactly what i am looking for.
However as i was scouring webshops, i noticed something strange about how the Sony MDR-Ma900 is listed in the few webshops that have it in my country..
They are listed specifically as this: Sony MDR-MA900 B-STOCK.
I havent noticed the mention of ''B-STOCK'' anywhere else.... does the imply anything??? Or is it safe for me to go ahead and order them??
This is my first post on these forums and i'm pretty new to all this so sorry if i'm asking a stupid question ^^;
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Alpha dogs + lepy 2020a possible? 22 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 44 seconds ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 55 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › Advice on opamp for xonar stx with ath-m50x headphone 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Chesky Records Tournament Finals: Last Chance to get 50% off any... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 6 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2