- 3,153 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Are there headphones that work with glasses? Last post on 9/15/14 at 7:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 9/19/14 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 5 reasons why you shouldn't miss the Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Coolest headphones for summer? Last post on 6/28/14 at 5:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Magni is an amp modi is a dac... What equipment you have already?
depends what you need...
Been using these for a week now, very impressed. These are like crack for the ears - the soundstage, imaging and layering are out of this world - gobsmacking. Detail retrieval is very impressive too, being on par with my SRH940 and the overall sound is slightly warm, laid back and very enjoyable.
I find the mids a bit veiled and slightly grainy and the highs could have been more involving but the above makes it up, for me. Definitely the best out of my IEMs/headphones.
Edited by isis - 7/13/13 at 3:37am
I'm still debating (trying to justify) purchasing these headphones since my friend lent them to me. My issue is, Does anyone else here own both the MA900 and HD650 at the same time given their sound signatures, are just about the same (minus some bass).
What do you previously paired with the HD600 with?
astroid can you elaborate bit more?, in what regard you found HD600 lesser headphone? now I have HD598 and I prefer MA900 for classical music, while HD598 has more convincing soundstage. I prefer MA900 because it reproduces larger symphony orchestra tonality as more life like experience.
I think Sony's soundstage is a bit tricky, vocals and generally upper midrange are very close to your ears. Sometimes it makes music more engaging but not always. For example listening opera is fine, but while listening to brass instruments (rare but still) I have found unpleasant closeness of instruments to my ears. It is like to take 2.0 laptop speakers and place in front of you ears. In that regard I prefer Senn HD598. I am guessing HD600 is somewhat refined HD598 more bass less treble and more natural presentation.
Anyway we would like to hear you comparison. I am gonna buy HD600 if I find nice deal. current price 399$ is just blatant rip-off.
Edited by Lumos - 8/4/13 at 11:35am
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 25 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › B.M.C. Announces PureDAC 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 5 minutes ago
- › Grado GS-1000(i) ALO SXC-recabled + woodenbox + ALO Lariat 3,5mm to... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)