- 3,208 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Magni is an amp modi is a dac... What equipment you have already?
depends what you need...
Been using these for a week now, very impressed. These are like crack for the ears - the soundstage, imaging and layering are out of this world - gobsmacking. Detail retrieval is very impressive too, being on par with my SRH940 and the overall sound is slightly warm, laid back and very enjoyable.
I find the mids a bit veiled and slightly grainy and the highs could have been more involving but the above makes it up, for me. Definitely the best out of my IEMs/headphones.
Edited by isis - 7/13/13 at 3:37am
I'm still debating (trying to justify) purchasing these headphones since my friend lent them to me. My issue is, Does anyone else here own both the MA900 and HD650 at the same time given their sound signatures, are just about the same (minus some bass).
What do you previously paired with the HD600 with?
astroid can you elaborate bit more?, in what regard you found HD600 lesser headphone? now I have HD598 and I prefer MA900 for classical music, while HD598 has more convincing soundstage. I prefer MA900 because it reproduces larger symphony orchestra tonality as more life like experience.
I think Sony's soundstage is a bit tricky, vocals and generally upper midrange are very close to your ears. Sometimes it makes music more engaging but not always. For example listening opera is fine, but while listening to brass instruments (rare but still) I have found unpleasant closeness of instruments to my ears. It is like to take 2.0 laptop speakers and place in front of you ears. In that regard I prefer Senn HD598. I am guessing HD600 is somewhat refined HD598 more bass less treble and more natural presentation.
Anyway we would like to hear you comparison. I am gonna buy HD600 if I find nice deal. current price 399$ is just blatant rip-off.
Edited by Lumos - 8/4/13 at 11:35am
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › External USB Surround Sound 7.1 Sound Card vs Virtual Surround... 7 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and... 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 3 minutes ago
- › SP-100 Sound Pressure Level Meter for earphones and iems!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2