- 3,208 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
okay i am putting up this review after a lot of usage with these so called"garbage bin miracles". 1.packaging-simple,nothing wonderous here,and custom accesories 2.cable-seriously a let down but...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Magni is an amp modi is a dac... What equipment you have already?
depends what you need...
Been using these for a week now, very impressed. These are like crack for the ears - the soundstage, imaging and layering are out of this world - gobsmacking. Detail retrieval is very impressive too, being on par with my SRH940 and the overall sound is slightly warm, laid back and very enjoyable.
I find the mids a bit veiled and slightly grainy and the highs could have been more involving but the above makes it up, for me. Definitely the best out of my IEMs/headphones.
Edited by isis - 7/13/13 at 3:37am
I'm still debating (trying to justify) purchasing these headphones since my friend lent them to me. My issue is, Does anyone else here own both the MA900 and HD650 at the same time given their sound signatures, are just about the same (minus some bass).
What do you previously paired with the HD600 with?
astroid can you elaborate bit more?, in what regard you found HD600 lesser headphone? now I have HD598 and I prefer MA900 for classical music, while HD598 has more convincing soundstage. I prefer MA900 because it reproduces larger symphony orchestra tonality as more life like experience.
I think Sony's soundstage is a bit tricky, vocals and generally upper midrange are very close to your ears. Sometimes it makes music more engaging but not always. For example listening opera is fine, but while listening to brass instruments (rare but still) I have found unpleasant closeness of instruments to my ears. It is like to take 2.0 laptop speakers and place in front of you ears. In that regard I prefer Senn HD598. I am guessing HD600 is somewhat refined HD598 more bass less treble and more natural presentation.
Anyway we would like to hear you comparison. I am gonna buy HD600 if I find nice deal. current price 399$ is just blatant rip-off.
Edited by Lumos - 8/4/13 at 11:35am
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 10 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Back Again Asking For Yet Another Recommendation... 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Need Help Picking a DAP and which software to use to mange it and... 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by dancho
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by HUM24H
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3