or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 20

post #286 of 1932
I dont like adjusting the position, as it kills the bass and makes the MA900 sound thinner and thinner, the more forward you place them. I keep them in the optimal position at all times, to get the intended sound. Same thing as when people were saying to adjust the position of the Pro 900, to some ridiculously uncomfortable and awkward position just to slightly improve the sound.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/24/13 at 8:23pm
post #287 of 1932

i want to buy this headphone, which ear pad do you suggest guy? and wich case for transport? :etysmile:


Edited by Hesam - 9/25/13 at 2:40am
post #288 of 1932
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesam View Post
 

i want to buy this headphone, which ear pad do you suggest guy? and wich case for transport? :etysmile:

I would stick with original pads, they are not uncomfortable because of its thickness. Sony has very different construction of driver housing and they are very comfortable for any conventional person. 

post #289 of 1932
It will only be uncomfortable for people who are averse to having anything touching any part of the ear.
post #290 of 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumos View Post
 

I would stick with original pads, they are not uncomfortable because of its thickness. Sony has very different construction of driver housing and they are very comfortable for any conventional person. 

 

i heard they don't have long life:bigsmile_face: i wanted to buy because of that, what's your idea?

post #291 of 1932

Hey,

 

I've just got the ma900.

 

I have a jdslabs cmoybb 2.03 linked to a Sansa Fuze via a stock fiio LOD.

The cmoy seem to lack current as the sound (especially bass) distorts well before it gets loud.

However the stock headphones output of my fuze can handle the load (at least i do not hear distortion).

 

Now i am thinking of either of the two:

1. Get an o2 from jdslabs and couple it with the sansa fuze via the stock fiio LOD

2. Get a fiio X3 and use it on its own

 

I just doubt will the sansa with fiio stock lod be on par for the objective2 and the ma900...

 

I also own beyers dt 250 250 ohm which play great through the cmoy.

 

Please give me some thoughts...

post #292 of 1932
Yes, the cmoy is not good at all with low impedance cans. Try it with your daps first then if you want more ooomph then get the o2. The o2 works well with any impedance i have tried them with so far. Hmm maybe the 600 ohm t1 pairing wasn't optimal but thats a different story.
post #293 of 1932

The x3 makes a good pairing IMO. 

post #294 of 1932
I have a ma900 and was wondering, Has anyone performed the resistor mod? Any diy instructions and photos? What exactly are the pros from the resistor mod? Any help will be appreciated.
post #295 of 1932

No way I'm modding these. I like the sound just as it is. There was a few pics. Just do a search here. 

post #296 of 1932

I like the MA900s but they are a little too warm for me.  I don't listen to R&B much (anymore), or Jazz, or Classical.  I like mostly Rap (not that crazy rap that comes on the radio, or that old school rap), Pop (not American; usually Japanese), and Rock (the bulk of what I listen to).  Those genres require not only some fast drivers (well, just the rock really), less warmth (upper bass, lower mids), more highs, and more subbass.  The soundstage is great however, and it makes all closed headphones sound really weird.  I love the MA900 but I just want some more energy.

post #297 of 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

No way I'm modding these. I like the sound just as it is. There was a few pics. Just do a search here. 

 

Why not, if it makes them sound better?

post #298 of 1932

Sony never was my cup of tea but MA900 seems like a bang for the buck,maybe an screaming bargain comparing to HD598 or HD650. actually a friend of mine asked if it would be good to use MA900 combined to Schitt Magini and Schitt Modi but I have no idea about these gears so any opinion might be much appreciated here.

post #299 of 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

It will only be uncomfortable for people who are averse to having anything touching any part of the ear.

 

Just got mine,an hour or so ago.

They are slightly warm,but fit perfectly over my ears.
Have to be one of the most comfortable headphones ,I've ever owned.
 
I'm listening to them with ..Taboo MKII >Metrum>Jriver.
Will come back ,after a few days,with some more impressions
Right now,I'm one happy head-fier.
 
MLE-A big TNX,for recommending these-so far ,they are outstanding.
 
Mike
post #300 of 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

I like the MA900s but they are a little too warm for me.  I don't listen to R&B much (anymore), or Jazz, or Classical.  I like mostly Rap (not that crazy rap that comes on the radio, or that old school rap), Pop (not American; usually Japanese), and Rock (the bulk of what I listen to).  Those genres require not only some fast drivers (well, just the rock really), less warmth (upper bass, lower mids), more highs, and more subbass.  The soundstage is great however, and it makes all closed headphones sound really weird.  I love the MA900 but I just want some more energy.

I may sound like a broken record here, but you might consider the iCAN amp as it does just what you mention with the bass and the energy of the Sony's when you engage the xbass boost and the 3D soundstage effect. And yet you still have that special magic of the spacious soundstage the Sony's have on their own.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread