DT880 (non-pro version) , HD598 and maybe AKG K612.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Micro review of the Oppo HA-1: rankings (because the bars to the side for some reason are not representative of the rank I gave) audio quality: 2/5 design: 4/5 quality: 3.5/5 value:...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 126
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The DT990 is even better, they have softer foam in their pads.
Personally, AKG K7XX and possibly HD600, as the MA900 starts bothering me if I try and listen to them for longer periods of time. While there's almost no clamp or weight, it's in just the right/wrong place for me.
Yeah, comfort is such a subjective thing. No one headphone is comfortable for all, IMO. Similarly I love the sound of 600 series but they line up just wrong on my face/jaw.
I love how weightless they feel on your head and I how beautifully modded the cable was done.
What I wish they would include if they ever plan on making a direct successor to these is a detachable cable... As its surely the most fail-prone point of this headphone (rest if actually quite durable although it feels weightless and cheap in hand).
Got AKG550 and MA900, dunno how to compare them very detailed, i like 550 for non-boomy non-harsh bass while listening metal, so i can listen to music for countless hours without headache, 900 for huge soundstage, airy feel in music, using both with Creative EC1 USB and Asus D2 PCI cards. 900 is absolutely great in fps games with its huge soundstage, wow.. If only i could compare them better, soon SHP9500 coming to my place, wonder if i was better at comparing would it be useful to compare 550 vs 900 down further..
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" just now
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › best IEMs for vocals under $100 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 6 minutes ago
- › Marantz sr5009, klipsch, polk or B&W? 6 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for first hi-fi rig 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2