DT880 (non-pro version) , HD598 and maybe AKG K612.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on 2/28/15 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 126
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The DT990 is even better, they have softer foam in their pads.
Personally, AKG K7XX and possibly HD600, as the MA900 starts bothering me if I try and listen to them for longer periods of time. While there's almost no clamp or weight, it's in just the right/wrong place for me.
Yeah, comfort is such a subjective thing. No one headphone is comfortable for all, IMO. Similarly I love the sound of 600 series but they line up just wrong on my face/jaw.
I love how weightless they feel on your head and I how beautifully modded the cable was done.
What I wish they would include if they ever plan on making a direct successor to these is a detachable cable... As its surely the most fail-prone point of this headphone (rest if actually quite durable although it feels weightless and cheap in hand).
Got AKG550 and MA900, dunno how to compare them very detailed, i like 550 for non-boomy non-harsh bass while listening metal, so i can listen to music for countless hours without headache, 900 for huge soundstage, airy feel in music, using both with Creative EC1 USB and Asus D2 PCI cards. 900 is absolutely great in fps games with its huge soundstage, wow.. If only i could compare them better, soon SHP9500 coming to my place, wonder if i was better at comparing would it be useful to compare 550 vs 900 down further..
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 9 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 24 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 51 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 52 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Petrosmalk
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2