Just received them... bass is really distorting
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dt990 pro or Sony MDR-MA900 or alternative? Last post on 2/15/15 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? Last post on Yesterday at 5:08 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-MA900 Question (Problem) Last post on 1/7/15 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 123
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
it can go really loud.
Now when i think about it it's the same flavor of distortion like when you push the gain on your EQ to the red area or like when you push the volume on VLC player over 100%, but it's mainly in the bass-midbass area.
These are pretty nice on non bass-driven music tho...
Edited by Viber - Today at 7:59 am
I don't have PoTC soundtrack, i just checked youtube.
If by distortion you meant like the video i posted above, there is ZERO distortion with the youtube version of that PoTC track. From around 3 months ago, i use this as a sub-bass rumbles and mid-bass punch test track (thanks to another head-fier that introduced me to this band).
Or by distortion you mean it's lacking sub-bass rumbles?
Well considering how long you've been on this thread, i thought you already did research going in, and already knew that the ma-900 is lacking sub-bass rumbles (and slight mid-bass hump). If you don't, well... now you know.
I think what you've heard is not distortion but sub-bass roll-off. If you're looking for sub-bass rumbles, you might be better served with Fidelio x2, hd650, or this other one i just bought, he-400i.
Edited by rovopio - Today at 8:34 am
Did you check the first youtube video i posted? if i experienced distorted sound like that, i would return the headphone immediately, after making sure that it's not the source's fault.
A lot of people use the word distortion a lot to describe sound though, sometimes i really don't know what people meant by that though to be honest. Because what i consider distortion is crackling or rattling sounds either from the source (recordings or badly recorded videos), or drivers not working properly.
I never really experienced distortions from any working headphones i owned (and auditioned at length), so, i'm sorry i can't offer more help
this video sounded fine? are you sure? That 10 seconds video is all distorted sound.
Well..., i don't know, if it's the headphone driver's fault, you would hear it in every song, including this video below. The first minute alone has enough distinctive sub-bass and mid-bass for checking. I check for rattles, but it works for checking for distortion too i guess... Well, the good news is your headphone driver is probably working fine if the video below sounds fine.
haha no lol i meant the album you posted, the distortion video is obviously distorted
It might be that what i'm complaining about is what other people described as 'grain'.
Track starts with a kick - fine.
Kick + Bass-line + percussion - still ok
Kick + Bass-line + percussion + pads + synths = baseline and some of the kick are not so smooth anymore, like someone connected it to a guitar amp and turned up the overdrive knob.
Now i'm debating if to post them up for sale or continue to burn them in...
Edited by Viber - Today at 9:53 am
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 23 seconds ago
- › Help me find headphones under $200 for this stack, Thanks! :) 35 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 36 seconds ago
- › usb to rca or coaxial 59 seconds ago
- › HEADPHONE PRINT MAGAZINES? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › M2Tech HiFace 2? 3 minutes ago
- › JPlay driver not showing in JRiver 20.0.44 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3