Sounds bad. Did you buy it 2nd handed and has the warranty run out? In case it hasn't then I think the solution is pretty obvious (send it to sony). Otherwise I'm not sure about Sony's service policy after warranty has expired. Grado will repair anything for $44 (my 325), Sennheiser would still service HD580, even if it's a dead driver. Not sure about Sony though, maybe someone here will know more about that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- 5 reasons why you shouldn't miss the Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 6/25/14 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Coolest headphones for summer? Last post on 6/28/14 at 5:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ma900 vs DT880 and JVC FX850 Last post on 6/24/14 at 10:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- JVC HA-FX850 vs Sony MDR-MA900 Last post on 7/5/14 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can my gaming setup be improved? Last post on 2/22/14 at 6:14am in Video Games Discussion
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread - Page 87
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I bought it from accessoryjack , idk if they are "authorized dealer" , i'll contact both accessoryjack and sony, the problem is that i'm from Brazil, and i dont know if "Sony Br" will replace it, since it does not sell this product in my country, only the ma300.
I've just ordered a pair of these from Japan on ebay. I paid around $200 incl shipping. I'm very curious about the open design. I really enjoy the soundstage of my HD598s and am hoping these will trump them in that department. These cans were on my radar a few months back when I'm sure they were around £100 on amazon, but I just read this whole thread and pulled the trigger. It'll be at the very least interesting to compare these to my HE400s, NAD HP50s and old vintage K240 DFs..
It can take me a while to get used to a new headphone, cases in point include the 598s and HE400s, so I will persevere. I just like their unique design and hope they become a worthy addition to my ever growing collection!
- Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I need help picking out a new cable for my Philips Fidelio X1... 1 minute ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Official Survey - What’s your personality profile? Take our quiz! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio D5 problems 16Bit VS 24Bit 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from ATH-M50 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)