- 5,459 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can my gaming setup be improved? Last post on 2/22/14 at 6:14am in Video Games Discussion
- Best Over ear closed cans for £250/$350 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most comfortable closed back headphones for 6-8+ hours daily use Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 3-400 dollar budget. Last post on 1/15/14 at 5:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In serach of headphones with comfort in mind Last post on 3/18/14 at 9:41am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So basically, the only ones benefitting from removing the resistsors are those with amps that have near zero output impedances. Everyone else benefits, as the resistors keep the frequency response stable from all other amps.
Yay... another convert.
Spread the love!
Matt, I dunno, what I said sounds correct too...
Everyone else benefits from having the resistors... is what I mean on the last line.
Wow, I was actually the one who won the auction, I can't believe they were sold for $85 before.
Now you just made me feel like if i've just been ripped off. haha
They just came today and so far I'm really digging them, the comfort is really good and best thing of all is now my ears won't sweat at all with these on. However, they do move quite a lot around my head due to the large cups and low clampling force.
Btw these guy who is selling them just posted another one for sale, he, as the other seller list them as "new" but mine came with the security seal on the top open and the box a little beaten up, apart from that they were in pretty good condition.
Oh, I somehow got a second chance offer but I went straight talking to the seller. And he said can do $125 shipped to Canada. Later said cant do Paypal invoice directly because eBay wouldn't let him. Then he said he will post something and I need to buy right away. I did that and end up had to pay a little extra and for that new stupid third party prepaid import fee. Worked out to be 150 bucks shipped. Still cheaper than the terminator guy's.
I guess that's how some stuff on eBay got sold instantly. By talking to the seller and he posts something and you buy it now right away.
This guy communication is much better. Instant replies.
So I am back in the "waiting" game. Report back with pictures when I receive.
Oh got the o2 and odac. So far sounded the same as the xonar stx. But then again I put stuff on iPhone and cranked volume up and sounded similar. Same detail amount. Guess iPhone 3GS is not that bad. Oh well at least i look cool at work as the only guy with 2 external boxes plugged into a headphone and to computer.
I like the Dolby and 7.1 surround shifter feature on the xonar card. Is there a software to control the odac to have bass boost? Turning on hi-fi mode on the stx will sound same as the o2 and odac. Got it at mayflower. Seems like a honest guy and good communication. Need to spend more time with these.
1) does sony sell replaceable stock earpads?
2) if not, are there aftermarket earpads that can fit ma900?
i wouldnt wanna trash a perfect working headphone if earpads go bad.
Someone mentions in this thread about buying pads or being able to buy pads from Sony.
Might be worth reading/searching this thread before jumping in.
I honestly don't see it as an issue, there is so little clamp put on that the earpads should last a long time. They act more as a loose guide to keep the headphones on your ear.
I might buy a pair to have but It is a very minor worry for me.
Oh and someone has used other pads but commented on how they effect the ss negatively. Once again search is your friend.
Edited by kcee - 10/15/13 at 6:45am
- Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 13 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted - Astro Mix Amp 6 minutes ago
- › B&W P3 + Grado / Alessandro - Good combo? 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 9 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 9 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob