or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread - Page 59

post #871 of 3470
Very true!
Was just trying to kill some time! :-D
post #872 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post
 

Welcome bro!! sadly you didn't hear about it before :P so getting the harmony? or going for a reshell + tuning? 

Well better late than never.....I have you to thank for nudging me in the right direction....

Well you know this Custom IEM race never stops...

Harmony sounds like it could be quite good. How about the previous High end model ..what was that like?

post #873 of 3470
Hi there, I have to admit I'm very interested in the Music Twos after stumbling upon this thread. I was wondering if someone could answer these questions:

1) Is there a universal IEM that the Music Twos have a similar sound signature to?

2) Is the isolation as good as the Etymotic ER-4 series?

Thanks in advance.
post #874 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by malifact View Post

Hi there, I have to admit I'm very interested in the Music Twos after stumbling upon this thread. I was wondering if someone could answer these questions:

1) Is there a universal IEM that the Music Twos have a similar sound signature to?

2) Is the isolation as good as the Etymotic ER-4 series?

Thanks in advance.

can't say something about the sound signature, but as they are customs, believe me, isolation is by far better than any universal iem. 

post #875 of 3470
The TDK BA200 is similar but the Music Two is an improvement in all aspects. If you like, you can read my comparisons with the BA200, F111, RE400 and ER-4S here:
http://cymbacavum.com/2014/03/23/customart-music-two/

The ER-4S isolates more than any acrylic custom I've owned. The Music Two is my first silicone custom and it does beat the ety isolation in my experience.
post #876 of 3470
None of my CIEMs, whether it is acrylic CE or whether it were any of sillicone CAs which I owned, isolated as good as Etys on triple.
post #877 of 3470

Thank you all for the responses.  I'm trying to decide at the moment between the Music Twos or getting a pair of universal IEMs remolded.  I really need a very good isolating pair of IEMs for a noisy commute.  I had some custom tips made for the universals, but it didn't improve the isolation and so I'm not sure if remolding will help.

post #878 of 3470

I've owned a couple of different acrylic CIEMs, and one silicone CIEM (SE-5). All have had great isolation, but the SE-5 was fantastic isolation - I would say 3-5db more than the acrylic CIEMs.

 

So, if isolation is a serious priority, I can confirm that a full-silicone CIEM does the business, and the Music Two will almost definitely satisfy your isolation needs.

post #879 of 3470
Mython, fantastic isolation of SE5way was probably due to the so called musician fit. I don't think that CA's CIEMs are musician fit.
post #880 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post

Mython, fantastic isolation of SE5way was probably due to the so called musician fit. I don't think that CA's CIEMs are musician fit.

 

That's a fair point, but I don't think it was just that.  Silicone does isolate very well. For example, some people with CIEMs like the SA-43 remark that they isolate a bit better than acrylic-only CIEMs (SA-43 is acrylic shell filled with silicone).

post #881 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

That's a fair point, but I don't think it was just that.  Silicone does isolate very well. For example, some people with CIEMs like the SA-43 remark that they isolate a bit better than acrylic-only CIEMs (SA-43 is acrylic shell filled with silicone).

If my memory doesn't fail me, I think SA43 is also built with musicians fit.

 

However I agree with you, silicone earpieces isolate very good (assuming you have a good fit *cough cough*)

post #882 of 3470

My most recently SE5 didn't seal as good as the old one. I can still hear pretty much everything outside, the fit is perfect though.

post #883 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

My most recently SE5 didn't seal as good as the old one. I can still hear pretty much everything outside, the fit is perfect though.


Geez how many SE5way you have? More important, how much money you have to buy SE5way whenever you feel like buying one?

 

:D

post #884 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

If my memory doesn't fail me, I think SA43 is also built with musicians fit.

 

However I agree with you, silicone earpieces isolate very good (assuming you have a good fit *cough cough*)

 

 

OK, I concede again, but still  I do feel silicone isolates a bit better than acrylic (and acrylic already isolates pretty well, if you have a good fit).

 

But if you're planning on getting fitter and dropping a few pounds then even silicone may not isolate well, so don't buy any CIEMs until after you've become an adonis, eh, AmberOzL? :(

post #885 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 


Geez how many SE5way you have? More important, how much money you have to buy SE5way whenever you feel like buying one?

 

:D

Haha..only two~  :) not as many as you think. I hope I don't have to buy two harmonies .hahah

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread