Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread - Page 5

post #61 of 1373
The domain has been moved to another server recently. I will address this to my web guy. Sorry for any inconvenience. You can still contact me via pm if you need anything.

[Edit] looks like the website will be down till Monday. Unfortunately it seems like there's nothing I can do during a weekend. Again sorry for any problems it causes

Also the website issue should not cause any delays with orders.
Edited by piotrus-g - 5/18/13 at 5:31pm
post #62 of 1373

Impressions for the 330's were shipped and received today by Piotr. :) 

 

Looking forward to see the results, very exciting! 

 

And i have to say, until now, communication with Piotr is more than spotless!!

 

 

beerchug.gif

post #63 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post

Impressions for the 330's were shipped and received today by Piotr. :) 

 

Looking forward to see the results, very exciting! 

 

And i have to say, until now, communication with Piotr is more than spotless!!

 

 

beerchug.gif


I've paid for mine but won't be shipping ear impressions until the end of June (when I've returned to my home country).  That means you'll be ahead of me; I hope you post impressions after you've got them.

 

In the future when I have mine (and other new audio additions) I'll post a full review with comparisons.

post #64 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


I've paid for mine but won't be shipping ear impressions until the end of June (when I've returned to my home country).  That means you'll be ahead of me; I hope you post impressions after you've got them.

 

In the future when I have mine (and other new audio additions) I'll post a full review with comparisons.

that would be a noob review (mine) vs yours?beerchug.gif

post #65 of 1373

Always nice to see more options becoming available in Europe! Pre-order prices seem tempting.. but I'm a bit suspicious about fixed cables. Seems IEM cables always break, it's just a matter of time.

post #66 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberDuk View Post

Always nice to see more options becoming available in Europe! Pre-order prices seem tempting.. but I'm a bit suspicious about fixed cables. Seems IEM cables always break, it's just a matter of time.

I suggest you to give it a try.
Cable durability depends on the overall build quality, and Peter works are the best out there IMHO, hands down.
post #67 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberDuk View Post

Always nice to see more options becoming available in Europe! Pre-order prices seem tempting.. but I'm a bit suspicious about fixed cables. Seems IEM cables always break, it's just a matter of time.

I'm happy to provide 12 month warranty world wide. If your cable fail during this period it will be replaced or repaired free of charge, unless it's obvious customer's fault, say your dog chew off the cable

post #68 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Postsay your dog chew off the cable

 

That's actually a very real possibility! My dog will eat anything...

post #69 of 1373

Supposedly the MInerva CIEM utilizes the same cable.  Average Joe's review includes mention that the cable is attractive and appears strong.

 

I'd still prefer a detachable, but unlike my gym IEMs I don't intend to abuse costly CIEMs.

post #70 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post

I'm happy to provide 12 month warranty world wide. If your cable fail during this period it will be replaced or repaired free of charge, unless it's obvious customer's fault, say your dog chew off the cable

I know a guy here got his JH13 eaten (the whole piece) by his neighbor's dog.

post #71 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

Supposedly the MInerva CIEM utilizes the same cable.  Average Joe's review includes mention that the cable is attractive and appears strong.

 

I'd still prefer a detachable, but unlike my gym IEMs I don't intend to abuse costly CIEMs.

It seems like Minerva is using either old or different version after all. I mean I have both Minerva's and clear/silver cables, and those clear/silver cables are really soft yet they are as durables as the first one. Both cables won't turn green over time. I'm more keen on using these clear/silver cables. I might post a pic of both versions, to clarify.

 

Oh and BTW. Unfortunately it seems that clear shell will turn slightly yellowish over time. I addressed this issue to manufacturer of materials I'm using and representative said it is caused by silicone being in contact with metal (f.e. Balanced Armatures). I will work on resolving this issue. Anyone wanting to change the order due to this problem would be welcomed to do so.


Edited by piotrus-g - 5/24/13 at 12:03pm
post #72 of 1373

I look forward to the new/improved softer silver cable.

 

Will the transparent red also discolor or is the problem limited to the clear silicone?

post #73 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

I look forward to the new/improved softer silver cable.

 

Will the transparent red also discolor or is the problem limited to the clear silicone?


To be honest I really don't know... Given the fact shell will be red/reddish yellowing shouldn't be much visible. But it's just an assumption.

post #74 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post


To be honest I really don't know... Given the fact shell will be red/reddish yellowing shouldn't be much visible. But it's just an assumption.


That seems like a safe assumption, I'll take the 'risk'.  Possibly it will yellow slightly and people will be convinced my BA drivers are made of solid gold.  That way I can explain the price of customs to non-audiophiles and they'll think I'm 10% less crazy. tongue_smile.gif

post #75 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


That seems like a safe assumption, I'll take the 'risk'.  Possibly it will yellow slightly and people will be convinced my BA drivers are made of solid gold.  That way I can explain the price of customs to non-audiophiles and they'll think I'm 10% less crazy. tongue_smile.gif


hahahah :D good one!

 

It's not that shell turns like yellow yellow. It's just a hint. If you lay the shell on white piece of paper the coloration is obvious but with artificial lightning it's barely noticeable.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread