or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread - Page 24

post #346 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post
 

The beast is unleashed. 

 

 

Piotr's masterpiece. CRAZY accurate, unforgiving, this is really what I need in a monitor.

It really need a huge voltage swing though. I'm listening with volume 50-55 on my AK120 to get to a normal listening level (compared to 39-44 with my SE5). This is my first IEM that really gets a huge improvement when amp'd.  

ouhlala, congtrats ! Would you mind taking some close ups pics? 

post #347 of 3470
I think there are more pics on Custom Art's facebook page.
post #348 of 3470
Yep, for more info check out custom art facebook page. Piotr uploaded some pictures of the process. You can also find the freq. response and some awesome tricks that he did in this IEM.
post #349 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post


I felt the same way but Piotr's customer service is unmatched.  Clear Tunes was a good experience, JH Audio was decent once I got on the phone and explained exactly what was wrong in minute detail.  Unique Melody was the worst buying experience of my life.

Oh I absolutely agree on both parts. I got a cable for one of my ciem and the customer service was very good. After seeing the project from jazzyfi I might ge. my uerm reshelled eeventually through here but not any time soon.
post #350 of 3470
post #351 of 3470
Quote:

I had a chance to listen to the flagship. To my ears it is f.. awesome - the midrange is magical, I felt like I was at the concert; bass is very quick but impfactful; treble extends superbly; the flagship have a lot of air. Of course this is just prototype and the final version may change.
post #352 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismarzyk View Post


I had a chance to listen to the flagship. To my ears it is f.. awesome - the midrange is magical, I felt like I was at the concert; bass is very quick but impfactful; treble extends superbly; the flagship have a lot of air. Of course this is just prototype and the final version may change.

does it sound like the pro 330 or more like the Music two and one? was it a bright sound sig? also was it balanced or U shaped sound sig? i am planing to get the Music Two yet i wana compare that model with it first. 

post #353 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post

does it sound like the pro 330 or more like the Music two and one? was it a bright sound sig? also was it balanced or U shaped sound sig? i am planing to get the Music Two yet i wana compare that model with it first. 

Disclaimer: I've listened the protototype and it was build for Peter's ears so there could be some changes to my sound impressions if I would have the flagship build for my ears. Additionally, I've listened to them just for few minutes.

But....I would say that they are neutral, maybe a little on the brighter side of the spectrum. They are balanced. They don't sound like pro330 but people report that midrange of pro330 is magical so I would say that the midrange of the flagship is more superior.

I did not hear Musice Two or Music Three. I don't think you can compare Music One to the flagship; the latter is more precise and accurate; the only commonality which they share is that they sound balanced to my ears.
post #354 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismarzyk View Post


 I don't think you can compare Music One to the flagship; the latter is more precise and accurate; the only commonality which they share is that they sound balanced to my ears.

will actually i can, cause pro330 sound like baby SE5 and both don't focus on the "Fun" U shape sound sig, where the only product line that does focus on that atm is the Music one, two CIEMs.

i like the extended bright Treble, the Music two extend way more than Pro330 and got more Treble Quantity too! so despite the price it does offer what i am seeking, higher price didn't ever mean better bro :P 

post #355 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post

will actually i can, cause pro330 sound like baby SE5 and both don't focus on the "Fun" U shape sound sig, where the only product line that does focus on that atm is the Music one, two CIEMs.


i like the extended bright Treble, the Music two extend way more than Pro330 and got more Treble Quantity too! so despite the price it does offer what i am seeking, higher price didn't ever mean better bro :P 

For me fun= V shaped sound. To my ears Music One does not have V shaped signature.

It's obvious that money doesn't play the music and much pricier product doesn't have to be better (Ety ER4 is a good example here). But.... to my ears flagship sound far more better than pro330, my CE BA4r and Ety ER4s and Lime Ears LE3.

As I said earlier, I can't compare the flagship to Musice Two or Three beceause did not hear them.
post #356 of 3470

I think it's quite obvious from CA product naming. The music is meant for casual music listener and the pro is for monitoring. As for the harmony, it probably will work for both casual listener and professional, hence the "harmony".

post #357 of 3470
As I said, to my ears the flagship sounded very balanced and technical.
post #358 of 3470
Very interested to hear more about this one and how it compares to the music one from a FR perspective. Close to trying the music one but will wait to see what happens here.
post #359 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krismarzyk View Post

Of course this is just prototype and the final version may change.

 

Didn't Piotr say that it was finalized, that he was just waiting now for the drivers he needs to become commercially available?

post #360 of 3470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

Didn't Piotr say that it was finalized, that he was just waiting now for the drivers he needs to become commercially available?

No, I did not hear anything like that from him. At least he did not tell me anything like that. He told me that he may change some things in the flagship since he packed a lot of drivers in it and the flagship became big (he was telling something about breaking the fit/seal due to the jumbo size of the flagship).

And one more thing...Peter told me that there might be one more product in the future from the Harmony series:D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread