Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread - Page 16

post #226 of 1373
I think Custom Art is a great choice for the money. I don't know any other company that can do 3 driver silicon ciem for ~€300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I'd like like to hear more comparisons between those two after you've had more time to spend with them.  I've been wanting to try a silicone CIEM and not go so crazy in spending.
post #227 of 1373
I've been listening to Pro330 quite a lot since yesterday. It's been quite a ride. Talk about unforgiving, the Pro330 takes it to another level. My SE5 is very very detailed, more than 330 but not as revealing. I know it sounds crazy.. How can more detail but less revealing? I have no idea how.
I can still listen to Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth with SE5 and still enjoy it. The Pro330 reveals how bad the mastering was.. Bass sounds boomy, bleed like hell to mid. I think it has the most monitoring quality compared to all ciem I had and still have. One more bad mastering album is Mr. Big - Bump Ahead, the whole album sounds like Billy Sheehan playing solo all over the place.
Edited by Jazzyfi - 8/16/13 at 1:07pm
post #228 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

I've been listening to Pro330 quite a lot since yesterday. It's been quite a ride. Talk about unforgiving, the Pro330 takes it to another level. My SE5 is very very detailed, more than 330 but not as revealing. I know it sounds crazy.. How can more detail but less revealing? I have no idea how.
I can still listen to Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth with SE5 and still enjoy it. The Pro330 reveals how bad the mastering was.. Bass sounds boomy, bleed like hell to mid. I think it has the most monitoring quality compared to all ciem I had and still have. One more bad mastering album is Mr. Big - Bump Ahead, the whole album sounds like Billy Sheehan playing solo all over the place.

Same here, i was very surprised how more unforgiving it is compared to my custom shure se530 x8......
But when you have a good recording it rocks!
post #229 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

I've been listening to Pro330 quite a lot since yesterday. It's been quite a ride. Talk about unforgiving, the Pro330 takes it to another level. My SE5 is very very detailed, more than 330 but not as revealing. I know it sounds crazy.. How can more detail but less revealing? I have no idea how.
I can still listen to Van Halen - A Different Kind Of Truth with SE5 and still enjoy it. The Pro330 reveals how bad the mastering was.. Bass sounds boomy, bleed like hell to mid. I think it has the most monitoring quality compared to all ciem I had and still have. One more bad mastering album is Mr. Big - Bump Ahead, the whole album sounds like Billy Sheehan playing solo all over the place.

That VH album is pretty bad mastering. So even though the pro330 reveal the flaws of that album more so, is the bass quantity of the pro330 similar in quantity to the SE5 or obviously more or less?

Thanks for your updates and descriptions.
post #230 of 1373
Kind of the same, but it bleeds to the mids. The whole album dominated by bass and drum. I guess it's a typical stupid modern mastering. I also got the David Lee Roth era VH in 24/192. Those albums sounds really good with Pro330.

For anyone that is curious, no the Pro330 does not beat SE5 in details and sound reproduction (I guess money talks..). But Pro330 is still a great monitor and for sure can compete with any ~€600 plus iems. For now, I prefer the Pro330 more than my Miracle because of comfort and sound signature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

That VH album is pretty bad mastering. So even though the pro330 reveal the flaws of that album more so, is the bass quantity of the pro330 similar in quantity to the SE5 or obviously more or less?

Thanks for your updates and descriptions.
post #231 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

Kind of the same, but it bleeds to the mids. The whole album dominated by bass and drum. I guess it's a typical stupid modern mastering. I also got the David Lee Roth era VH in 24/192. Those albums sounds really good with Pro330.

For anyone that is curious, no the Pro330 does not beat SE5 in details and sound reproduction (I guess money talks..). But Pro330 is still a great monitor and for sure can compete with any ~€600 plus iems. For now, I prefer the Pro330 more than my Miracle because of comfort and sound signature.


Wow, those are wonderful thoughts and impressions.

 

Hey piotrus, I just purchased SE5way and have been enjoying it like mad since I bought it. I really like the silicone earpieces as for the comfort and isolation. I am not sure I would want to try acrylic ones from now on. What I want to say is, if you find out a detachable cable system like Spiral Ear or in your own way, you might gain more customers. I admit, that is the only thing in my mind. Don't take this seriously or personally but, as we all know, c/iem cables die. When they are dead, I would like to be able to change them with the aftermarket ones as the way I want.

 

First time I read about your company from AJ, I was interested. I keep on following and I honestly like what I am reading so far. I also read that you have more plans for future. So take my word as a simple head-fier, I am patiently waiting for your future plans.

post #232 of 1373
Hey Amber, I'll be working on it soon, but no release date at this point. I totally understand the need for it, but it's not something you do over night. Technology had to be proved to be reliable. More than changing a jack plug which is 15 min task, you don't want to pull the cable with the socket out of your IEM.
post #233 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post

Hey Amber, I'll be working on it soon, but no release date at this point. I totally understand the need for it, but it's not something you do over night. Technology had to be proved to be reliable. More than changing a jack plug which is 15 min task, you don't want to pull the cable with the socket out of your IEM.


I totally understand it, no worries. Just keep up being awesome and making wonderful ciems wink.gif

post #234 of 1373
@jazzyfi- have you tried it with your Tera player? If so how is the match?

Also curious about over all tonality. Do cymbals sound brassy or steely? How is distortion guitar crunch? Does it have nice bite or is it smoothed over a bit.

Sorry to pepper you wih all the questions, but thank you for your responses!
post #235 of 1373
My TP is not in use for a while since I got the AK120. I didn't even bother trying it because I'm pretty sure it will get a massive bass cut because of Pro330 low impedance.

There is a nice crunch to distorted guitar, I'd say pretty accurate. And cymbal is not steely but it has a nice chime. It pretty fast as well with a nice decay.

I'm listening to AC/DC - Highway to Hell now and the album sounds great with the Pro330. If I have to nit pick I think the mid-high can be more forward. I feel that sometimes the instrument are pretty loud and the vocal is recessed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

@jazzyfi- have you tried it with your Tera player? If so how is the match?

Also curious about over all tonality. Do cymbals sound brassy or steely? How is distortion guitar crunch? Does it have nice bite or is it smoothed over a bit.

Sorry to pepper you wih all the questions, but thank you for your responses!
post #236 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfi View Post

My TP is not in use for a while since I got the AK120. I didn't even bother trying it because I'm pretty sure it will get a massive bass cut because of Pro330 low impedance.

There is a nice crunch to distorted guitar, I'd say pretty accurate. And cymbal is not steely but it has a nice chime. It pretty fast as well with a nice decay.

I'm listening to AC/DC - Highway to Hell now and the album sounds great with the Pro330. If I have to nit pick I think the mid-high can be more forward. I feel that sometimes the instrument are pretty loud and the vocal is recessed.


I have a feeling like your TP will be on sale rolleyes.gif

post #237 of 1373

Got my Pro 330 yesterday. For some reason my 330 got some crazy sibilance. Can´t listen to them :/ Fit seems perfect. 

post #238 of 1373

Just write to piotrus-g. He will do his best to make you happy with his Custom Art service.

post #239 of 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotrus-g View Post

Hey Amber, I'll be working on it soon, but no release date at this point. I totally understand the need for it, but it's not something you do over night. Technology had to be proved to be reliable. More than changing a jack plug which is 15 min task, you don't want to pull the cable with the socket out of your IEM.
Honestly, whereas detachable cable is a must for 1.2k euros iems such as se5, it is less important at this price point IMO, as long as you use good stock cables.
post #240 of 1373

Those CA cables are very good imho. First look is different, but trust me it is not going to come off that easilly. :)

 

As a matter of fact detachable cable is a very good option but it also requires many, many tests as piotrus-g said before.

 

 

 

I think that he will do everything to add detachable cables to his offer soon.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread