Has anyone heard this? http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/dac/dac2-d looks like it is the same DAC as DAC2 HGC with less inputs.
- productBenchmark DAC2 HGCtagged by System, 5/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K702 / Benchmark DAC2 - not enough power? Last post on 11/18/13 at 3:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison Last post on Yesterday at 10:13 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (Impeccable Condition) Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:02pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Benchmark DAC2 HGC Last post on 10/29/13 at 2:08pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- DAC with more than one unbalanced output? Last post on 10/26/13 at 5:36pm in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
New Benchmark DAC2 D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The analog inputs shouldn't be causing much noise/interference when not selected as active source I would think?
Granted, it wasn't cheap to begin with, so if you don't ever need the analog inputs at all why spend the extra $200...
That`s what I am wondering either... Actually I am going to buy a DAC2 next month when I come back to the US. I already tried it and love that voice. And now they told me they have another one in the same performance and JUST without a 12V trigger and an analog input which I would never use. Should I pay that extra 200 bucks? Or are they really in the exactly same performance??
It is very pleased if you have any ideas. ^ ^
Everything Audio Network has a review of the DAC2 D. They were also the ones who had the first review of the DAC2 HGC.
The review ends by saying: "In essence, the DAC2 D offers the same dynamic accuracy, yet warm, smooth analog character as the "HGC." It just has a few less bells and whistles, but it is lower in price. In my opinion, both Benchmark DAC2s are the standard for today’s full-featured, modular high-resolution audio DAC."
Benchmark themselves aren't making any claims about reduced noise or otherwise improved performance.
Personally, even if I was not intending on using the analog section now, I would still buy the DAC2-HGC instead.
$200 does not seem like nearly enough when you consider the flexibility you are giving up.
Even if you might not be using it now who knows what your audio setup may be in a few years time.
With the analog stage of the HGC, you can run any other audio equipment through it and make use of the excellent headphone amplifier, or the remote controlled volume.
For me, the DAC2-HGC is a long-term purchase. I am so pleased with its performance that I can't imagine wanting to replace it with another DAC or headphone amplifier. It just seems short-sighted to forego the analog input stage and 12V trigger to save 10%. But maybe if you're really sure that you will never use them, that will be a worthwhile saving to you.
Something else to consider is that if you ever do intend to sell it on, potential buyers may not want one without the analog inputs.
- New Benchmark DAC2 D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › what do I need to know about teeth whitening? 18 seconds ago
- › iPhone 4s for your headphones (interest check) 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › HOW TO REPAIR YOUR DENON D-2000, D-5000, and D-7000 HEADPHONES - If... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Bottlehead Crack amplifier Special Edition Factory Build Custom... 3 minutes ago
- › 2013 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi