Has anyone heard this? http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/dac/dac2-d looks like it is the same DAC as DAC2 HGC with less inputs.
- productBenchmark DAC2 HGCtagged by System, 5/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Will the Violectric V200 become obsolete for Sennheiser HD800 when using Benchmark DAC2 HGC? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 5/9/14 at 2:21am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparison and thoughts btw Benchmark DAC2 HGC and Burson Conductor Last post on 3/26/14 at 7:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix X-Sabre vs Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 3/1/14 at 7:41pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Amp recommendations for Grado PS1000 + Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 2/1/14 at 4:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
New Benchmark DAC2 D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The analog inputs shouldn't be causing much noise/interference when not selected as active source I would think?
Granted, it wasn't cheap to begin with, so if you don't ever need the analog inputs at all why spend the extra $200...
That`s what I am wondering either... Actually I am going to buy a DAC2 next month when I come back to the US. I already tried it and love that voice. And now they told me they have another one in the same performance and JUST without a 12V trigger and an analog input which I would never use. Should I pay that extra 200 bucks? Or are they really in the exactly same performance??
It is very pleased if you have any ideas. ^ ^
Everything Audio Network has a review of the DAC2 D. They were also the ones who had the first review of the DAC2 HGC.
The review ends by saying: "In essence, the DAC2 D offers the same dynamic accuracy, yet warm, smooth analog character as the "HGC." It just has a few less bells and whistles, but it is lower in price. In my opinion, both Benchmark DAC2s are the standard for today’s full-featured, modular high-resolution audio DAC."
Benchmark themselves aren't making any claims about reduced noise or otherwise improved performance.
Personally, even if I was not intending on using the analog section now, I would still buy the DAC2-HGC instead.
$200 does not seem like nearly enough when you consider the flexibility you are giving up.
Even if you might not be using it now who knows what your audio setup may be in a few years time.
With the analog stage of the HGC, you can run any other audio equipment through it and make use of the excellent headphone amplifier, or the remote controlled volume.
For me, the DAC2-HGC is a long-term purchase. I am so pleased with its performance that I can't imagine wanting to replace it with another DAC or headphone amplifier. It just seems short-sighted to forego the analog input stage and 12V trigger to save 10%. But maybe if you're really sure that you will never use them, that will be a worthwhile saving to you.
Something else to consider is that if you ever do intend to sell it on, potential buyers may not want one without the analog inputs.
- New Benchmark DAC2 D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 17 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 41 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 51 seconds ago
- › Help me choose headphones for under $300! 1 minute ago
- › New York Audio Show 2014 ***Now With Discounted Tickets Info*** 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 3 minutes ago
- › HE-500 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)