Has anyone heard this? http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/dac/dac2-d looks like it is the same DAC as DAC2 HGC with less inputs.
- productBenchmark DAC2 HGCtagged by System, 5/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Will the Violectric V200 become obsolete for Sennheiser HD800 when using Benchmark DAC2 HGC? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 5/9/14 at 2:21am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparison and thoughts btw Benchmark DAC2 HGC and Burson Conductor Last post on 3/26/14 at 7:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix X-Sabre vs Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 3/1/14 at 7:41pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Amp recommendations for Grado PS1000 + Benchmark DAC2 Last post on 2/1/14 at 4:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
New Benchmark DAC2 D
The analog inputs shouldn't be causing much noise/interference when not selected as active source I would think?
Granted, it wasn't cheap to begin with, so if you don't ever need the analog inputs at all why spend the extra $200...
That`s what I am wondering either... Actually I am going to buy a DAC2 next month when I come back to the US. I already tried it and love that voice. And now they told me they have another one in the same performance and JUST without a 12V trigger and an analog input which I would never use. Should I pay that extra 200 bucks? Or are they really in the exactly same performance??
It is very pleased if you have any ideas. ^ ^
Everything Audio Network has a review of the DAC2 D. They were also the ones who had the first review of the DAC2 HGC.
The review ends by saying: "In essence, the DAC2 D offers the same dynamic accuracy, yet warm, smooth analog character as the "HGC." It just has a few less bells and whistles, but it is lower in price. In my opinion, both Benchmark DAC2s are the standard for today’s full-featured, modular high-resolution audio DAC."
Benchmark themselves aren't making any claims about reduced noise or otherwise improved performance.
Personally, even if I was not intending on using the analog section now, I would still buy the DAC2-HGC instead.
$200 does not seem like nearly enough when you consider the flexibility you are giving up.
Even if you might not be using it now who knows what your audio setup may be in a few years time.
With the analog stage of the HGC, you can run any other audio equipment through it and make use of the excellent headphone amplifier, or the remote controlled volume.
For me, the DAC2-HGC is a long-term purchase. I am so pleased with its performance that I can't imagine wanting to replace it with another DAC or headphone amplifier. It just seems short-sighted to forego the analog input stage and 12V trigger to save 10%. But maybe if you're really sure that you will never use them, that will be a worthwhile saving to you.
Something else to consider is that if you ever do intend to sell it on, potential buyers may not want one without the analog inputs.
- New Benchmark DAC2 D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HD600 and DT880/600 Amp 16 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 22 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › What is the Monster "Magnetic FluxTube"? 2 minutes ago
- › My pal Scott "kludge audio" Dorsey reviews 2014 Capital AudioFest... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)