Has anyone heard this? http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/dac/dac2-d looks like it is the same DAC as DAC2 HGC with less inputs.
- productBenchmark DAC2 HGCtagged by System, 5/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Benchmark DAC3 HGC (w/ ESS Sabre 9028PRO) Last post on 2/21/17 at 9:08am in Dedicated Source Components
- Comparing Oppo HA-1 & Benchmark DAC-2 HGC Last post on 11/10/16 at 10:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 4/15/15 at 3:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Grace Design m920 vs Benchmark DAC2 HGC?? Last post on 12/30/15 at 12:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Will the Violectric V200 become obsolete for Sennheiser HD800 when using Benchmark DAC2 HGC? Last post on 6/3/14 at 10:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
New Benchmark DAC2 D
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The analog inputs shouldn't be causing much noise/interference when not selected as active source I would think?
Granted, it wasn't cheap to begin with, so if you don't ever need the analog inputs at all why spend the extra $200...
That`s what I am wondering either... Actually I am going to buy a DAC2 next month when I come back to the US. I already tried it and love that voice. And now they told me they have another one in the same performance and JUST without a 12V trigger and an analog input which I would never use. Should I pay that extra 200 bucks? Or are they really in the exactly same performance??
It is very pleased if you have any ideas. ^ ^
Everything Audio Network has a review of the DAC2 D. They were also the ones who had the first review of the DAC2 HGC.
The review ends by saying: "In essence, the DAC2 D offers the same dynamic accuracy, yet warm, smooth analog character as the "HGC." It just has a few less bells and whistles, but it is lower in price. In my opinion, both Benchmark DAC2s are the standard for today’s full-featured, modular high-resolution audio DAC."
Benchmark themselves aren't making any claims about reduced noise or otherwise improved performance.
Personally, even if I was not intending on using the analog section now, I would still buy the DAC2-HGC instead.
$200 does not seem like nearly enough when you consider the flexibility you are giving up.
Even if you might not be using it now who knows what your audio setup may be in a few years time.
With the analog stage of the HGC, you can run any other audio equipment through it and make use of the excellent headphone amplifier, or the remote controlled volume.
For me, the DAC2-HGC is a long-term purchase. I am so pleased with its performance that I can't imagine wanting to replace it with another DAC or headphone amplifier. It just seems short-sighted to forego the analog input stage and 12V trigger to save 10%. But maybe if you're really sure that you will never use them, that will be a worthwhile saving to you.
Something else to consider is that if you ever do intend to sell it on, potential buyers may not want one without the analog inputs.
- New Benchmark DAC2 D
- › RHA - Shows and Meet Up's 2017 30 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 44 seconds ago
- › DIY Earbuds 57 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › MINT Campfire Audio Orion CK 3 minutes ago
- › M50 headband cushion ripping 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear