Is there a big difference in sound quality between these 2 models? I have the M50's now and I've been reading up on the merits of the open back designs. I listen mainly at night, at home and use a my iPhone 3/Spotify with a portable amp but really do not see myself ever listening to this set-up outside my home.
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or the Audio-Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 5/20/12 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cant decide on headphones Last post on 11/17/14 at 8:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
ATH-M50 to ATH-AD900X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've heard they're acquirable for ~200-230$ with shipping, are they worth that kind of money? I would imagine they are from everything I've heard about them and doing mental comparisons to the M50's.
You can get the AD900X for 135 USD on amazon.jp. Then you have to pay Tenso a few buck for shipping outside Japan.
I'm seeing 279.99 plus shipping...ATH- AD900X...all day.
But he said Sony MA900 for $195 and not ATH- AD900X.
If I order from amazon Japan will I get dinged for customs and brokerage fees?
So much for shipping MA900 from Japan to Canada. Just tried to order them and got the below. Maybe it is just certain dealers that won't ship to Canada? If so which one to order Sony MA900 from?
"We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below."
Edited by Schonen - 9/2/13 at 5:19am
- ATH-M50 to ATH-AD900X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 24 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015) 29 seconds ago
- › Closed cans for eletro lover over 70 bucks? 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2