Is there a big difference in sound quality between these 2 models? I have the M50's now and I've been reading up on the merits of the open back designs. I listen mainly at night, at home and use a my iPhone 3/Spotify with a portable amp but really do not see myself ever listening to this set-up outside my home.
Related Forum Threads
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or the Audio-Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 5/20/12 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
ATH-M50 to ATH-AD900X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've heard they're acquirable for ~200-230$ with shipping, are they worth that kind of money? I would imagine they are from everything I've heard about them and doing mental comparisons to the M50's.
You can get the AD900X for 135 USD on amazon.jp. Then you have to pay Tenso a few buck for shipping outside Japan.
I'm seeing 279.99 plus shipping...ATH- AD900X...all day.
But he said Sony MA900 for $195 and not ATH- AD900X.
If I order from amazon Japan will I get dinged for customs and brokerage fees?
So much for shipping MA900 from Japan to Canada. Just tried to order them and got the below. Maybe it is just certain dealers that won't ship to Canada? If so which one to order Sony MA900 from?
"We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below."
Edited by Schonen - 9/2/13 at 5:19am
- ATH-M50 to ATH-AD900X
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Can I adapt to 3.5mm female directly from Sennheiser Momentum? 12 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › What DAC out of these three should I get? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 HEADPHONES REVIEW Serial No 001106 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)