Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › First serious closed headohones reccomendations needed!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First serious closed headohones reccomendations needed! - Page 4

post #46 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinhd600 View Post

denon d2000. audiotechnica m50. m-audio q40

Those are all different price ranges. Which have the best mids and highs? Will any require an amp to drive through my iPod touch?
post #47 of 62

denon makes the best quality closed ear cans.  any cans that are higher than like 40 ohms would like an amp to open up their potential...you are looking in the wrong place if you want good highs mids, closed cans are always subpar to any open ear cans in mid-high quality......except denon, they make closed quality cans.......it's just my opinion

post #48 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinhd600 View Post

denon makes the best quality closed ear cans.  any cans that are higher than like 40 ohms would like an amp to open up their potential...you are looking in the wrong place if you want good highs mids, closed cans are always subpar to any open ear cans in mid-high quality......except denon, they make closed quality cans.......it's just my opinion

Yeah see what you mean. My bus is loud though so I could use closed. Also I listen to metal which sounds better with mids and highs instead of bass.
post #49 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2196 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

HP100 is closed, HP200 is open back.[/quote

It said online that they are open

And you believe everything you read online?
Look at my headphone inventory on my profile. I have had HP100 and HP200, I'm telling you now HP100 are CLOSED BACK, HP200 are OPEN BACK.

Please, you sound arrogant, like you know more than the people that have had that headphone.
post #50 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

And you believe everything you read online?
Look at my headphone inventory on my profile. I have had HP100 and HP200, I'm telling you now HP100 are CLOSED BACK, HP200 are OPEN BACK.

Please, you sound arrogant, like you know more than the people that have had that headphone.

Sorry if I cam off as arrogant, I just don't want to buy the wrong headphones again.
post #51 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2196 View Post

Sorry if I cam off as arrogant, I just don't want to buy the wrong headphones again.

No problem, check out my HP100 review thread, 11 pages of comments. You can't go wrong with them. But get them from an official distributor like hifiheadphones.co.uk or advancedmp3players.co.uk

Good luck on your search
post #52 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

No problem, check out my HP100 review thread, 11 pages of comments. You can't go wrong with them. But get them from an official distributor like hifiheadphones.co.uk or advancedmp3players.co.uk

Good luck on your search

How many ohms are they?
post #53 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2196 View Post

How many ohms are they?

Ok I read your review and I saw it said electric guitars were recessed. I like to hear the distortion of electric guitars the most in metal. What makes these so great for metal in your opinion?
post #54 of 62
Not exactly recessed but slightly behind. Metal sounds good, as they are smooth yet detailed. They work well with all genres.
post #55 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

Not exactly recessed but slightly behind. Metal sounds good, as they are smooth yet detailed. They work well with all genres.

Okay one final question. How should I burn these in and does burn in improve the quality?
post #56 of 62
Just listen to them, if you like leave them playing at slightly louder than listening volume overnight for 2 nights.
post #57 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

Just listen to them, if you like leave them playing at slightly louder than listening volume overnight for 2 nights.

What about Shure SRH 840s? I've heard these are amazing too.
post #58 of 62
Thread Starter 
I think you actually did reccomend these in a thread I saw haha.
post #59 of 62
Thread Starter 
The shure seem to be the perfect headphone. It has like 44 ohms though. Will that still drive well through my iPod touch?
post #60 of 62
Both will be ok with portable sources, both benefit from amps too. HP100 will be more comfy and has slightly better sound, more balanced.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › First serious closed headohones reccomendations needed!