Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread - Page 27

post #391 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUL View Post

Thanks.  Much appreciate the quick reply.

One follow up question: I'm not familiar with the USB Adio Recorder Pro app. Is it a playback app, or does it facilitate other software?  For example, I have a long list of music downloaded and played through the Spotify software.  Will the USB Audio Recorder Pro app allow Spotify to work?

 

Thanks,

UL

 

 

as the name implies, it's actually a recorder app, that allows limited playback capabilities(only lossless files. flac, wav,ogg, and aiff)...which is a good thing for most of us anyways!

 

it will not work with any other software atm. I believe the developer was working on such a thing, but it's not realized yet.

post #392 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

as the name implies, it's actually a recorder app, that allows limited playback capabilities(only lossless files. flac, wav,ogg, and aiff)...which is a good thing for most of us anyways!

 

it will not work with any other software atm. I believe the developer was working on such a thing, but it's not realized yet.

 

Will other music player apps work, just not at the high bit rates?


Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 9/1/13 at 5:12am
post #393 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

Will other music player apps work, just not at the high bit rates?

right now? only USB ARP.     other apps wont work at all.

post #394 of 1257

If only the M8 has a coaxial input. Our life would be so much easier!

 deadhorse.gif

post #395 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

If only the M8 has a coaxial input. Our life would be so much easier!

 deadhorse.gif

True

post #396 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

If only the M8 has a coaxial input. Our life would be so much easier!

 deadhorse.gif


Yep, that's the thing I was looking for. Now I need a dap with optical output.

 

I really don't like iDevice's so they are my last option. Still I don't think I will ever get them. There is AK1X0 family, but I don't like their products either. AK120 nice but extremely overpriced. AK100 is a flawed product + overpriced. So no good for me.

 

I wish DX50 or X5 could have optical output.

post #397 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

If only the M8 has a coaxial input. Our life would be so much easier!

 

You are still could buy OCUB 1866, which has a coaxial and optical inputs to drive your FUTURE maddogs (non balanced).

post #398 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLung View Post

You are still could buy OCUB 1866, which has a coaxial and optical inputs to drive your FUTURE maddogs (non balanced).

No offence to my homeboys from MyST, but in what regard do you think OCUB is comparable to the M8? From what I see the M8 is one of the very few portable sources powerful enough to drive most any cans with desktop-like authority. That (and maybe all the raving reviews) is why I'm so hooked onto it.

Thanks for your suggestion, anyway beerchug.gif

 

edit: grammar


Edited by hoichi - 9/1/13 at 8:33am
post #399 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post

No offence to my homeboys from MyST, but in what regard do you think OCUB is comparable to the M8? From what I see the M8 is one of the very few portable sources powerful enough to drive most any cans with desktop-like authority. That (and maybe all the raving reviews) is why I'm so hooked onto it.

Thanks for suggestion, anyway beerchug.gif

 

edit: grammar


Power hungry cans and sensitive c/iems. That's one of the reasons it is an all in one product. You get it, you use it with your portable source and with your desktop.

post #400 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post


i dont have the LX.

But you would pair it with the AK100, AK120. they seem to be the popular choices.

Thanks, those DAPs are too expensive for me.

 

Anyone else with the LX and an affordable solution that is portable?  even transportable?

 

Is there a phablet or tablet with SPDIF output to feed into the M8's optical input?

post #401 of 1257
Get the iDevice version and pair it with a second hand iPod Classic. You are welcome.
post #402 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angular Mo View Post

Thanks, those DAPs are too expensive for me.

 

Anyone else with the LX and an affordable solution that is portable?  even transportable?

 

Is there a phablet or tablet with SPDIF output to feed into the M8's optical input?

You might find an old iRiver player.  I remember some of the older ones having optical out.  Most likely no hi rez though.

 

Otherwise you are out of luck.  This is a relatively niche use case scenario.

post #403 of 1257

LX user....any small tablets have an SPDIF out with high res?

 

if there are none, then my inference is that those that buy the LX either;

1) have the bucks to afford an AK player, or

2) use a laptop...such as a MacBook pro (does the Air have SPDIF output) or

3) use a desktop; in this use-case, I would typically prefer a separate DAC and amp to upgrade separately.

 

Seems, to me, the M8 is ahead of its time....

iDevices don't provide the high-res

and

SPDIF output is not yet prevalent on portables or transporable transports.

 

 

There must be something I don't understand...

post #404 of 1257

I am in the first case as I do have an AK120, but you forget that others might have a portable DAC with optical out, so you don't have to have an AK100/120 and the like to use a LX.

post #405 of 1257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angular Mo View Post

LX user....any small tablets have an SPDIF out with high res?

 

if there are none, then my inference is that those that buy the LX either;

1) have the bucks to afford an AK player, or

2) use a laptop...such as a MacBook pro (does the Air have SPDIF output) or

3) use a desktop; in this use-case, I would typically prefer a separate DAC and amp to upgrade separately.

 

Seems, to me, the M8 is ahead of its time....

iDevices don't provide the high-res

and

SPDIF output is not yet prevalent on portables or transporable transports.

 

 

There must be something I don't understand...


iDevices are indeed strange, no high res as far as I know. About proper daps, there is AK products and iBasso DX100 / R10 (Japanese DX100). They play all the high res you can find. Also iHIFI960 but it is like iDevice, it doesn't do high res I think.

 

I personally wish James from FiiO to reconsider optical output option in his new coming reference level DAP X5. He already mentioned there will be coaxial out but he is usually listening to his customers and paying attention what do they want. So maybe if there is an enough pressure/demand, he can consider adding an optical output into X5 and all my questions will be solved.

 

X5 will play 24/192 in case you are wondering.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread