Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread - Page 21

post #301 of 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

 

 Thanks for the 1P2 suggestion.   I read somewere that the 1P2 is not really a "closedIEM" because it uses "vents" and therefore allow external noise to come in.  is it true ?  And... does those "vents" also let music leaking outside ? 

Yes its true,  it's not entirely close but it does not leak music.

post #302 of 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post


Nice one!

hehehebiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

 I need to find a very good CLOSED headphone that DO NOT LEAK sound outside for when I listen in the bed...close to my wife.   Obviously my TH-900 leaks too much sound... :-(

 

--> Any suggestion for the BEST non leaking cam  (best sound + least leak) to go with my HiFi M8 that I should get in 1 month (waiting list) ? 

 

I have in mind for example : Beyerdynamic T5p, Edition 8 , Signature PRO... ?

 

thanks for your advices...

I've been using the Mad Dogs 3.2 for a few days...

 

As far as isolation, sound leakage and comfort, they've been a godsend!


Edited by wormsdriver - 8/17/13 at 9:03pm
post #303 of 1245

I'm drooling like an audible junkie here for a HiFi-M8!!

 

It was the last project we were working on when I left CEntrance!

I love the team, and Michael remains a good friend.  I've been looking

at different images, and spent many an hour just scratching my head

with Michael and everybody else just over the name!!

 

It's been a long time coming - and I KNOW Michael will deliver.  I'm 

PUMPED to drive my Mad Dogs and Audeze LCD3's balanced with the

HiFi-M8!!!!

post #304 of 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

hehehebiggrin.gif

I've been using the Mad Dogs 3.2 for a few days...

 

As far as isolation, sound leakage and comfort, they've been a godsend!

I'm not qualified on "Best" - I haven't spent enough time with the likes of the TH900 or any of the AT woodies.  Now best value - my opinion is 1) the Mad Dog, and 2) the Alpha Dog - IF the very neutral sound signature suits you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

I'm drooling like an audible junkie here for a HiFi-M8!!

 

It was the last project we were working on when I left CEntrance!

I love the team, and Michael remains a good friend.  I've been looking

at different images, and spent many an hour just scratching my head

with Michael and everybody else just over the name!!

 

It's been a long time coming - and I KNOW Michael will deliver.  I'm 

PUMPED to drive my Mad Dogs and Audeze LCD3's balanced with the

HiFi-M8!!!!

You and me both, mikemercer!  I am pretty sure mine ships roughly next week, if CEntrance is still on their previous schedule.  I long for the simplicity of an iPod, and the sound of a CEntrance dac/amp.  If it is mostly as good as I hear, I'll be stoked!

post #305 of 1245
Thread Starter 

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming impressions and appr...

Soon....

ju4ape4e.jpg
post #306 of 1245

NICE!  BTW I have been to meaning to ask you all: how did you all get yours when it is still pre-order?

post #307 of 1245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

NICE!  BTW I have been to meaning to ask you all: how did you all get yours when it is still pre-order?

pre-order started last October , 2012. Units started shipping in early July.

 

Hifi-M8-LX version is good to go, Hifi-M8 idevice version had a few pre-order units shipped but then it was found that it had a couple of fixes that still needed to be tweaked, -next tentative date of Hifi-M8 is from September for shipping.

post #308 of 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

pre-order started last October , 2012. Units started shipping in early July.

 

Hifi-M8-LX version is good to go, Hifi-M8 idevice version had a few pre-order units shipped but then it was found that it had a couple of fixes that still needed to be tweaked, -next tentative date of Hifi-M8 is from September for shipping.

Man, I guess I was WAY behind the curve on this...  Now I wonder when will I get my "pre-order" LX...

post #309 of 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

I'm not qualified on "Best" - I haven't spent enough time with the likes of the TH900 or any of the AT woodies.  Now best value - my opinion is 1) the Mad Dog, and 2) the Alpha Dog - IF the very neutral sound signature suits you.

You and me both, mikemercer!  I am pretty sure mine ships roughly next week, if CEntrance is still on their previous schedule.  I long for the simplicity of an iPod, and the sound of a CEntrance dac/amp.  If it is mostly as good as I hear, I'll be stoked!

it's like the thread of the HiFi-M8 clinic,

and we all came to get our fixes...

post #310 of 1245
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Man, I guess I was WAY behind the curve on this...  Now I wonder when will I get my "pre-order" LX...

It was because you were too busy camping the V-Moda Verza thread that you missed it, LMAO ksc75smile.gif

post #311 of 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

It was because you were too busy camping the V-Moda Verza thread that you missed it, LMAO ksc75smile.gif

That's very true...

post #312 of 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

That's very true...

I almost got a VAMP VERZA

 

I ended up with a Sony PHA-1 (knowing the Hifi-M8 was coming) which I LOVE.

 

But, I will say this, and I could only tell so much at a show, the HiFi-M8 

had this dynamic energy that's wholly unmatched by any other PC/iDevice DAC/amp

combo I've heard thus far.  At least it did when driving my Audeze LCD3's, which I know

is no small task for a portable (some do it, but not to their sparkle-point)

- but if Michael and the guys did what I think they did...

 

Well, then I wouldn't have to bring my Sony PHA-1 and something else (I really don't have

to now, but I end up traveling with the PHA-1 and either HRT microStreamer or Dragonfly) - 

though I gotta say the PHA-1 is a great computer DAC/amp too, it would be great to have

something with more dynamic headroom.  

 

I also pray the battery life is a full 6 hours - for long flights and all.

post #313 of 1245
Thread Starter 

The Sony PHA1 whilst a great looking and good sounding bit of kit wasnt on the same level as my fostex hp_p1 imho.

 

The Hifi-M8 is also a step or two ahead of the Fostex hp_p1...again imho.

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

FAQs on post #2 updated.

 

general impressions on post #3 updated with forum links.

post #314 of 1245
Thread Starter 

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming impressions and appr...

Anything to avoid starting to clean the house Hifi-m8 pictures.

e2eneqe2.jpg
post #315 of 1245

Nice Gears of War case :P.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread