or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread - Page 87

post #1291 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
 

Didn't the maker of Audio Recorder Pro make an app specifically to play hi res files?

yes, theres a thread somewhere.

 

its meant to be fairly successful with android devices and external dac/amps.

post #1292 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

yes, theres a thread somewhere.

its meant to be fairly successful with android devices and external dac/amps.

Uapp
Universal audio player pro. Just tested last week with my note4.
Also works with onkyo.

I got a pop up for permisssions before it worked.
post #1293 of 1300

Update on my S4-M8 situation- 

 

I ordered 2 more USB OTG cables, and both of them yielded "USB failed to initialize".

 

Then I tried a different USB cable, and it worked! I have no clue why this is the case, but it is what it is, and my rig works now, albeit with a few audio glitches. I'll try tweaking the glitch toggles on UAPP.

post #1294 of 1300
Thread Starter 
Yeah, those otg cables seem to be temperamental.
post #1295 of 1300
I've had an ongoing problem with my M8, keep getting a crackling noise, sounds like vinyl that is very dusty. Makes me crazy. Generally use it with my PC, JRiver 20. At one point it stopped working all together. Sent it back to CEntrance (for the second time), they told me the cable was not good, working fine, sent it back, now works but that crackling sound is back. Also have a Geek Out Special Edition, hooked to the same PC, don't have the same issue. I wrote back when the problem was back, haven't heard back. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Could it be some setting problem I have somewhere, that I can change. I've installed and reinstalled the CEntrance drivers (though didn't do it again this go round).
Appreciate any help,thanks.
post #1296 of 1300

have you

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I've had an ongoing problem with my M8, keep getting a crackling noise, sounds like vinyl that is very dusty. Makes me crazy. Generally use it with my PC, JRiver 20. At one point it stopped working all together. Sent it back to CEntrance (for the second time), they told me the cable was not good, working fine, sent it back, now works but that crackling sound is back. Also have a Geek Out Special Edition, hooked to the same PC, don't have the same issue. I wrote back when the problem was back, haven't heard back. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Could it be some setting problem I have somewhere, that I can change. I've installed and reinstalled the CEntrance drivers (though didn't do it again this go round).
Appreciate any help,thanks.

Problems with pc is that they have so many different configurations that it's hard to say what could be the issue in every single case. If the unit is fine as Centrance says and also the cable is fine, it may be your pc usb port/driver. I'd suggest you to ask a friend to borrow you a laptop/ macbook (it doesn't need an external driver) and see if the issue is still there. 

post #1297 of 1300
It's true about the settings, There are settings in the audio part of the PC, there are many, many settings in JRiver. I heard back from CEntrance after they posted, they suggested trying Foobar, maybe trying increasing the buffer size in JRiver. I'm getting an ipad dock, Pure I-20 (the package may have come today, at least my wife let me know I received 3 packages-can picture her rolling her eyes as she texted me-and I think the dock should be in one of them (Hifiman HE-1000 is in one of the others, I believe, would be nice to try it with the M8). OK, have to play with it a bit...
(I have many options, so if I have something else that functions, have limited time, will just go with the one that is working...)

Thanks for the suggestions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascrown View Post

have you
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I've had an ongoing problem with my M8, keep getting a crackling noise, sounds like vinyl that is very dusty. Makes me crazy. Generally use it with my PC, JRiver 20. At one point it stopped working all together. Sent it back to CEntrance (for the second time), they told me the cable was not good, working fine, sent it back, now works but that crackling sound is back. Also have a Geek Out Special Edition, hooked to the same PC, don't have the same issue. I wrote back when the problem was back, haven't heard back. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Could it be some setting problem I have somewhere, that I can change. I've installed and reinstalled the CEntrance drivers (though didn't do it again this go round).

Appreciate any help,thanks.
Problems with pc is that they have so many different configurations that it's hard to say what could be the issue in every single case. If the unit is fine as Centrance says and also the cable is fine, it may be your pc usb port/driver. I'd suggest you to ask a friend to borrow you a laptop/ macbook (it doesn't need an external driver) and see if the issue is still there. 
post #1298 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I've had an ongoing problem with my M8, keep getting a crackling noise, sounds like vinyl that is very dusty. Makes me crazy. Generally use it with my PC, JRiver 20. At one point it stopped working all together. Sent it back to CEntrance (for the second time), they told me the cable was not good, working fine, sent it back, now works but that crackling sound is back. Also have a Geek Out Special Edition, hooked to the same PC, don't have the same issue. I wrote back when the problem was back, haven't heard back. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Could it be some setting problem I have somewhere, that I can change. I've installed and reinstalled the CEntrance drivers (though didn't do it again this go round).
Appreciate any help,thanks.


Do you have an Apple Camera Connection Kit for the iPad?

 

If so give that a try, mine works very well with the HiFi-M8.

post #1299 of 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

It's true about the settings, There are settings in the audio part of the PC, there are many, many settings in JRiver. I heard back from CEntrance after they posted, they suggested trying Foobar, maybe trying increasing the buffer size in JRiver. I'm getting an ipad dock, Pure I-20 (the package may have come today, at least my wife let me know I received 3 packages-can picture her rolling her eyes as she texted me-and I think the dock should be in one of them (Hifiman HE-1000 is in one of the others, I believe, would be nice to try it with the M8). OK, have to play with it a bit...
(I have many options, so if I have something else that functions, have limited time, will just go with the one that is working...)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I brought my M8 to the Newport Audio show a few weeks ago, and had a good 20min listening session with the HE1000 at Hifiman's booth playing a mixture of stuff (a number of tracks from Chesky's Demonstration Disk in ALAC), some classical music, jazz (Miles Davis - So What) a hard-hitting EDM track, and even some pop. The M8 powered it pretty well, though I had to go on highest gain setting and volume knob close to 3 o'clock to get good listening level (and I don't generally play it that loud). Environment wasn't too loud as I went early on the first day. HE1000 way easier to drive than HE6.
post #1300 of 1300
Burning in the 1k now, if I can get the fakakta M8 working, I can comment on the pairing...right now using it with Pono and either Ray Samuels HR-2 ore newly arrived MicroZOTL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerchris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

It's true about the settings, There are settings in the audio part of the PC, there are many, many settings in JRiver. I heard back from CEntrance after they posted, they suggested trying Foobar, maybe trying increasing the buffer size in JRiver. I'm getting an ipad dock, Pure I-20 (the package may have come today, at least my wife let me know I received 3 packages-can picture her rolling her eyes as she texted me-and I think the dock should be in one of them (Hifiman HE-1000 is in one of the others, I believe, would be nice to try it with the M8). OK, have to play with it a bit...
(I have many options, so if I have something else that functions, have limited time, will just go with the one that is working...)

Thanks for the suggestions!

I brought my M8 to the Newport Audio show a few weeks ago, and had a good 20min listening session with the HE1000 at Hifiman's booth playing a mixture of stuff (a number of tracks from Chesky's Demonstration Disk in ALAC), some classical music, jazz (Miles Davis - So What) a hard-hitting EDM track, and even some pop. The M8 powered it pretty well, though I had to go on highest gain setting and volume knob close to 3 o'clock to get good listening level (and I don't generally play it that loud). Environment wasn't too loud as I went early on the first day. HE1000 way easier to drive than HE6.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread