Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread - Page 8

post #106 of 1222
Thread Starter 

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming impressions and appr...

I'm speeeeciiiial. LOL.
Good to have another listen to your Hifiman-901 and RWAK100 again.
Also good to try mthefirst various Venturecraft idevice set ups.
The heat was too much after my brief walk outside so I called it a day an headed home.

So what did you think of the Hifi-m8 then from your short trial?
smily_headphones1.gif
post #107 of 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

So what did you think of the Hifi-m8 then from your short trial?
smily_headphones1.gif
Are you trying to put me on a spot here ;-)?? Cheeky little HFier :-P!!

Ok (for the benefit of the audience here cos you know what) I listened to one track - Best Audiophile Voices' It Wouldn't Have Made A Difference, by Alison Krauss on my FitEar MH335DW with a prototype Silver/Gold cable. The winner was.....oh my phone is running out of battery....
post #108 of 1222
Thread Starter 

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming impressions and appr...

LOL.
post #109 of 1222

That is a good trade off! Eagerly waiting for my M8. Hope the production ramps up quick. :-)

post #110 of 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

It was kinda amusing that you had a production run of the M8 that Mixwave didn't even have :-). They offered for me to try at their table but I told them I'd try yours instead.
MixWave didn't place an order until very recently. We serve customers in the order they come in.
post #111 of 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

^^^Very Nice! What is the carry case? I have this bag and case fettish...

 

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Its a sanwa small camera bag. $20 or so.

The only sanwa camera bag I could find on the US amazon site was this, but I'm pretty sure it's too small :/

http://www.amazon.com/SUPPLY-impact-absorbing-digital-camera-DG-BG40BK/dp/B004INFZ32/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373917000&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=sanwa+small+camera+bag

post #112 of 1222

Soft camera cases?

I'm more interested in which rugged, water/dust proof case from Otterbox fits the M8!


<http://www.otterbox.com/waterproof-cases/waterproof-cases,default,sc.html>

 

for storage and travel, not for headphone jack-play through capability.

post #113 of 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post

Soft camera cases?

I'm more interested in which rugged, water/dust proof case from Otterbox fits the M8!


<http://www.otterbox.com/waterproof-cases/waterproof-cases,default,sc.html>

 

for storage and travel, not for headphone jack-play through capability.


As far as I can tell, none of the otterbox cases will fit the M8 since it is 33 mm thick, which is ~1.3" and none of the cases I looked at on their site can fit that. That's also not including the DAP strapped on top. I think Expat has a good idea with the camera case thing.

post #114 of 1222

Pelican has an extensive line of boxes.  I have one for my HD800's that had tearable/customizable foam.  Pretty sure it could get run over by a big rig that is exploding and being attacked by sharks with lasers and still survive.

 

This one is a little large, but might have room for an IEM case and the charger: http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1120

 

Closer fit for just the M8: http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1040  Would probably need some additional foam to keep it from moving around.

 

Kind of depends on the type of protection you want.

post #115 of 1222
Thread Starter 

Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming impressions and appr...

Yeah, my case is just a simple transport case to provide a bit of protection from spills but mostly from dust and xxxx in my bag.
Sorry i cant find the info on it as i already have thrown out the packaging.i will check further.

FOUND It

http://www.amazon.co.jp/サンワサプライ-DG-DV05R-SANWA-SUPPLY-衝撃吸収フォームを底面に内蔵したビデオカメラケース(スリムインナータイプ・Sサイズ・レッド)/dp/B007ZLB3L2/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1373932491&sr=8-48&keywords=Sanwa+camera+bag

It says S size. Mine is M size.
Product sanwa DG-DV04R.
Edited by ExpatinJapan - 7/16/13 at 5:27am
post #116 of 1222
Thread Starter 

A couple of photos from the Tokyo Show yesterday by Anakchan.

Full thread linky:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672513/15th-july-2013-tokyos-fujiya-summer-portaken-report

 

 

As you can guess, we couldn't just spend the whole day just listening - we had to share, show off, exchange, and quench our thirsts. On the first half we had mtthefirst coming down from Sendai for the show (and to pick up his Typhoon), ExpatInJapan and friend to show his production-model CEntrance HiFi M8, and I brought along my HM-901 for ExpatInJapan to compare against the HiFiM8. My RWAK100 also made an appearance

 

RWAK100, Hifi-M8(The iphone is stacked on an ipod touch btw) , Hifiman901 with balanced card.

Hifi-M8 as above with assorted venturecraft friends and an alo amp.

post #117 of 1222

I'll be sending mine back for a reconfig. but having some time with it today, I'm very impressed with this unit.  It sounds fantastic with a few phones I threw at it.  I'll save the real impressions for when I get the final unit.

post #118 of 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I'll be sending mine back for a reconfig. but having some time with it today, I'm very impressed with this unit.  It sounds fantastic with a few phones I threw at it.  I'll save the real impressions for when I get the final unit.
What are going from and to, if you are free to discuss?
post #119 of 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post

Pelican has an extensive line of boxes.  I have one for my HD800's that had tearable/customizable foam.  Pretty sure it could get run over by a big rig that is exploding and being attacked by sharks with lasers and still survive.

 

This one is a little large, but might have room for an IEM case and the charger: http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1120

 

Closer fit for just the M8: http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1040  Would probably need some additional foam to keep it from moving around.

 

Kind of depends on the type of protection you want.

Personally, I would like a case/bad/thing big enough to hold the M8 with DAP attached. My iems came with the traditional otterbox, and I always keep them in there, but I'd also be interested in a case that could potentially hold all three (M8+DAP+IEMs).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Yeah, my case is just a simple transport case to provide a bit of protection from spills but mostly from dust and xxxx in my bag.
Sorry i cant find the info on it as i already have thrown out the packaging.i will check further.

FOUND It

http://www.amazon.co.jp/サンワサプライ-DG-DV05R-SANWA-SUPPLY-衝撃吸収フォームを底面に内蔵したビデオカメラケース(スリムインナータイプ・Sサイズ・レッド)/dp/B007ZLB3L2/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1373932491&sr=8-48&keywords=Sanwa+camera+bag

It says S size. Mine is M size.
Product sanwa DG-DV04R.

Thanks, wouldn't be my first order from amazon.jp, assuming they ship to the US. Might have to add in a Ghibli blu ray while I'm already paying for the shipping...

 

And without threat of derailing the impressions thread, I'd like to say thanks to Expat and DannyBai for their impressions thus far. Both making the wait easier and harder at the same time!

post #120 of 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

What are going from and to, if you are free to discuss?
From dual pin xlr to rsa since I don't have the xlr's anymore and the cable maker is gone for ??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread