I can be happy with the LCD-3's and the HE-5le
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for full-sized headphones for use with an iPhone? Last post on 11/2/12 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for advice on a new set of headphones and more - Seriously needing help Last post on 3/9/15 at 11:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which universal model is the most similar to Westone ES50? Last post on 2/10/15 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
What if you could only have one headphone....or two. What would you choose? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If I could only have one: Am i stuck with these forever?? If so, the Koss ESP 950 because it has a lifetime warranty :)
If I could have two: This is easy, the Stax 009 for all my music needs, and the Fidelio X1 for gaming and movies.
My personal first headphone pick would be the Audio-Technica AD2000, regardless of price. It's the only headphone that consistently delivers supreme musical satisfaction whenever I listen to it. I don't use it for every genre though - but for the ones that I do use it for (electronica/trip-hop, rock, metal), it never fails to seriously kick ass! It's my "air guitar" headphone, my one 'n done, my desert island, the headphone that I'd save from a burning building!
And to complement it, on a budget, would be the MrSpeakers Mad Dog! Which are awesome! If you disregard budget, then the Fostex TH900 to complement the AD2K instead, which are the most awesome closed dynamic headphones that I've ever heard!
But if we truly disregard price and other obtainment factors, then my 2nd headphone pick is the Stax OII MKI paired with the HeadAmp BHSE instead. It was and remains the single best headphone of any type that I've heard to date! The OII MKI has been the only headphone that to me completely disappeared and immersed me into the musical event to make it sound live and absolutely real.
Edited by Asr - 5/6/13 at 10:17pm
If we can only have one headphone, I'd go with my SR80i. I love its intimacy, and it never fails to engage me into listening to the music.
If I could have two, I'd include the HE-5LE. Its smoothness and stronger bass contrasts against the Grado insanely well. They're a perfect duo.
If i could have just one it would be the Tralucent 1plus2. It upscales nicely on my home rig and is also great on the go. It does have ergonomic problems but i could still have this as my one and only.
If two then it would be the Lear LCM-5 for on the go and then the HiFiMAN HE-6 at home.
1 : Koss Portapro. It's not my favorite sounding headphone,but the sound quality is decent,it's easy to drive,it's good for portable use (comfortable for me,doesn't look big/funny on the head),and it is secure on the head when I want to lay at bed and listen to the music.Good headphone for all around use,so I guess it would be the choice for only one headphone.
If it was not for street use: Shure srh840.Good all around headphone too,easy to drive,decent comfort,good isolation,good sound quality.
2 :If I had an amp: Sennheiser hd600 and Koss Portapro. HD600 for home use with the amp,because it has the best and most balanced/natural sound signature of all my headphones,and koss portapro for all around/portable use etc.
2: With no amp: Shure SRH840 and Koss Portapro. Portapro for the same reason as above,and SRH 840 for all around use (except street use).I choose 840 and not my mdr 1r,because sometimes I like to use them outside at the balcony,and when it's windy shure is fine,but mdr 1r has problems with the little holes on the cups making wind noise.I also prefer SRH840 sound signature for normal listening levels,and it also has superior isolation.
Edited by john53 - 5/7/13 at 2:59am
From what I have owned:
1 - Ath-m50. Yea it's a cliche' but it never displeased me.
2 - Ath-m50R for portable and everyday use.
Hifiman he-300 for serious listening.
1 - It has to be comfortable and versatile right? mdr-1r easy. I like that it pivots sideways so it'd be comfortable when not on my head. I wish v-moda could do this, then they'd get my vote.
2 - Future Sonics MG6pro for all my portable and around the house needs.
Sony R-10 (bass heavy) for serious listening. I heard it at a meet and fell in love with the sound and comfort.
I could live with the sennheiser px100-II as my only headphone. No need for an amp, works well with my iPhone, folds away nicely, sounds as good as my hd580s. Plus they are cheap so I could buy them again and again. I know they are open, but there is something nice about hearing the sounds of the city blend in with whatever music I am listening to.
They're good, but not that good for an all-rounder. I absolutely love mine and feel like they sound better with better amping and a source, but not having isolation kinda sucks. I can't imagine wearing these in the noisy city for example.
Regarding your comparison to the hd580, do you mean in terms of sound signature?
- What if you could only have one headphone....or two. What would you choose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 39 seconds ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Plantronics BackBeat PRO: Pad Replacement? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...