I can be happy with the LCD-3's and the HE-5le
Related Forum Threads
- Mdr 1abt? Last post on 12/18/14 at 5:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help deciding on my next purchase, sony mdr1r bt mk2 or logitec ue 9000? Last post on 12/6/14 at 11:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Westone Style UM56 custom sleeves for universal IEMs (REVIEW) Last post on 11/24/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphone hesitation Last post on 11/2/14 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- sony mdr-1r Last post on 10/30/14 at 11:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/1/14
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
What if you could only have one headphone....or two. What would you choose? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If I could only have one: Am i stuck with these forever?? If so, the Koss ESP 950 because it has a lifetime warranty :)
If I could have two: This is easy, the Stax 009 for all my music needs, and the Fidelio X1 for gaming and movies.
My personal first headphone pick would be the Audio-Technica AD2000, regardless of price. It's the only headphone that consistently delivers supreme musical satisfaction whenever I listen to it. I don't use it for every genre though - but for the ones that I do use it for (electronica/trip-hop, rock, metal), it never fails to seriously kick ass! It's my "air guitar" headphone, my one 'n done, my desert island, the headphone that I'd save from a burning building!
And to complement it, on a budget, would be the MrSpeakers Mad Dog! Which are awesome! If you disregard budget, then the Fostex TH900 to complement the AD2K instead, which are the most awesome closed dynamic headphones that I've ever heard!
But if we truly disregard price and other obtainment factors, then my 2nd headphone pick is the Stax OII MKI paired with the HeadAmp BHSE instead. It was and remains the single best headphone of any type that I've heard to date! The OII MKI has been the only headphone that to me completely disappeared and immersed me into the musical event to make it sound live and absolutely real.
Edited by Asr - 5/6/13 at 10:17pm
If we can only have one headphone, I'd go with my SR80i. I love its intimacy, and it never fails to engage me into listening to the music.
If I could have two, I'd include the HE-5LE. Its smoothness and stronger bass contrasts against the Grado insanely well. They're a perfect duo.
If i could have just one it would be the Tralucent 1plus2. It upscales nicely on my home rig and is also great on the go. It does have ergonomic problems but i could still have this as my one and only.
If two then it would be the Lear LCM-5 for on the go and then the HiFiMAN HE-6 at home.
1 : Koss Portapro. It's not my favorite sounding headphone,but the sound quality is decent,it's easy to drive,it's good for portable use (comfortable for me,doesn't look big/funny on the head),and it is secure on the head when I want to lay at bed and listen to the music.Good headphone for all around use,so I guess it would be the choice for only one headphone.
If it was not for street use: Shure srh840.Good all around headphone too,easy to drive,decent comfort,good isolation,good sound quality.
2 :If I had an amp: Sennheiser hd600 and Koss Portapro. HD600 for home use with the amp,because it has the best and most balanced/natural sound signature of all my headphones,and koss portapro for all around/portable use etc.
2: With no amp: Shure SRH840 and Koss Portapro. Portapro for the same reason as above,and SRH 840 for all around use (except street use).I choose 840 and not my mdr 1r,because sometimes I like to use them outside at the balcony,and when it's windy shure is fine,but mdr 1r has problems with the little holes on the cups making wind noise.I also prefer SRH840 sound signature for normal listening levels,and it also has superior isolation.
Edited by john53 - 5/7/13 at 2:59am
From what I have owned:
1 - Ath-m50. Yea it's a cliche' but it never displeased me.
2 - Ath-m50R for portable and everyday use.
Hifiman he-300 for serious listening.
1 - It has to be comfortable and versatile right? mdr-1r easy. I like that it pivots sideways so it'd be comfortable when not on my head. I wish v-moda could do this, then they'd get my vote.
2 - Future Sonics MG6pro for all my portable and around the house needs.
Sony R-10 (bass heavy) for serious listening. I heard it at a meet and fell in love with the sound and comfort.
I could live with the sennheiser px100-II as my only headphone. No need for an amp, works well with my iPhone, folds away nicely, sounds as good as my hd580s. Plus they are cheap so I could buy them again and again. I know they are open, but there is something nice about hearing the sounds of the city blend in with whatever music I am listening to.
They're good, but not that good for an all-rounder. I absolutely love mine and feel like they sound better with better amping and a source, but not having isolation kinda sucks. I can't imagine wearing these in the noisy city for example.
Regarding your comparison to the hd580, do you mean in terms of sound signature?
- What if you could only have one headphone....or two. What would you choose?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tascam TH-02 - Headphones waiting to be discovered??? (now... 8 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › Wanted! AK240 or Hugo Chord Mint or New 1 minute ago
- › Desktop or Portable DAC / Amp? Best bang for the buck? 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Adding lists under components? 4 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)