- 2,867 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 5/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Worth upgrading from Sennheiser HD 598 to Philips Fidelio X1's for gaming? Also, would an... Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best solution for me? Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser Momentum for FPS gaming? Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 598 Multi Device Listening Last post on 12/4/13 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This is the veteran ex-flagship model of FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) which was announced not long ago. It is a 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1 low woofer) 4 way crossover...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Hd 598's with or without amp? - Page 5post #61 of 657/30/13 at 3:21amPersonally I would think it is better to have them separately in case of upgrade. A DAC like the hifimediy and a reasonable amplifier like the Magni, and you would be set for a long time.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 657/30/13 at 9:33amQuote:
I see.... I will look into it...
In the meantime, if I were to buy just an amp for my iPhone and IE80s... what exactly does an amp do to the sound quality? Just make it louder?post #63 of 657/30/13 at 9:47amNope. With my e17 (same amplification as e11) and ety hf2 I get more weighty bass, better imaging (by a good margin) and therefore more clarity. The sound is also more alive and well balanced. I am going line-out from my iphone. This is all compared to my iphone4 with its internal amp.
Edited by davidsh - 7/30/13 at 9:49ampost #64 of 657/30/13 at 11:01am
i have not heard those, the e11 does very little for the hd598's but i had the klipsh s4i's and the e11 amped them very nicely, but there are better ones out there fiio is just more popular there is an amp i am thinking of and will post again when i find the link.post #65 of 6510/8/13 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blaalad12
So do you feel buying an e10 or e17 will improve sound quality enough to be worth the purchase or do you feel it will be so minimal that its not worth it?
An other alternative would be to sell my headphones and put the cost of an amp/dac towards a new pair but then iam assuming they would certainly need an amp so it would cost much more then just adding an amp/dac to what i currently have!
I have a Fiio e17 and I just got my pair of HD 598s in the mail today. The Fiio e17 is worth it in my opinion. My setup:
Mac mini > Fiio e17 > HD 598
My cans are brand new so I am still burning them in, but they sound great right now, especially running with the e17.
- Hd 598's with or without amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › JPS Labs O2 AMP/DAC 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi