- 5,035 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 5/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Some upgrade advice would be appreciated Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Multipurpose under 200$ Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on Today at 1:59 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can't decided between the Fidelio X1, HD598, or HD600 Last post on 9/11/14 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 598 small ting noise? Last post on 9/7/14 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Hd 598's with or without amp? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I see.... I will look into it...
In the meantime, if I were to buy just an amp for my iPhone and IE80s... what exactly does an amp do to the sound quality? Just make it louder?
Edited by davidsh - 7/30/13 at 9:49am
i have not heard those, the e11 does very little for the hd598's but i had the klipsh s4i's and the e11 amped them very nicely, but there are better ones out there fiio is just more popular there is an amp i am thinking of and will post again when i find the link.
So do you feel buying an e10 or e17 will improve sound quality enough to be worth the purchase or do you feel it will be so minimal that its not worth it?
An other alternative would be to sell my headphones and put the cost of an amp/dac towards a new pair but then iam assuming they would certainly need an amp so it would cost much more then just adding an amp/dac to what i currently have!
I have a Fiio e17 and I just got my pair of HD 598s in the mail today. The Fiio e17 is worth it in my opinion. My setup:
Mac mini > Fiio e17 > HD 598
My cans are brand new so I am still burning them in, but they sound great right now, especially running with the e17.
Understand the discussion's done and dusted, but I could really use some help here. I listen to music on my MacBook Pro + PA2V2 (kept right next to the laptop) + Sennheiser HD 439 and will be getting the 598's.
If I could go as high as $150/200, what portable (would still be kept still next to the laptop) or desktop Amp/DAC are available? I know the general notion is MacBooks have a good sound card but I have experienced what PA2V2 did to a low impedance cans and I NEED more, specially now that the 598's will be ordered any moment :)
- Hd 598's with or without amp?
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 45 seconds ago
- › love guru love(((( vashiKAran))()) speciAliSt baba +91 9672747263 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › !@!love vashikaran specialist +91 9672747263 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)