- 5,002 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 5/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Virtual Audio Cable with Sennheiser HD598 Headphones config question Last post on 8/12/14 at 7:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello and Sennheisers 598 vs ??? Last post on 8/12/14 at 9:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- need help picking headphones Last post on 8/6/14 at 6:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 598 vs Audio Technica ATH-A900X Last post on 7/28/14 at 8:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Any info/reviews of the Soundblaster E3 and E1? Last post on 7/1/14 at 9:47pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Hd 598's with or without amp? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I see.... I will look into it...
In the meantime, if I were to buy just an amp for my iPhone and IE80s... what exactly does an amp do to the sound quality? Just make it louder?
Edited by davidsh - 7/30/13 at 9:49am
i have not heard those, the e11 does very little for the hd598's but i had the klipsh s4i's and the e11 amped them very nicely, but there are better ones out there fiio is just more popular there is an amp i am thinking of and will post again when i find the link.
So do you feel buying an e10 or e17 will improve sound quality enough to be worth the purchase or do you feel it will be so minimal that its not worth it?
An other alternative would be to sell my headphones and put the cost of an amp/dac towards a new pair but then iam assuming they would certainly need an amp so it would cost much more then just adding an amp/dac to what i currently have!
I have a Fiio e17 and I just got my pair of HD 598s in the mail today. The Fiio e17 is worth it in my opinion. My setup:
Mac mini > Fiio e17 > HD 598
My cans are brand new so I am still burning them in, but they sound great right now, especially running with the e17.
Understand the discussion's done and dusted, but I could really use some help here. I listen to music on my MacBook Pro + PA2V2 (kept right next to the laptop) + Sennheiser HD 439 and will be getting the 598's.
If I could go as high as $150/200, what portable (would still be kept still next to the laptop) or desktop Amp/DAC are available? I know the general notion is MacBooks have a good sound card but I have experienced what PA2V2 did to a low impedance cans and I NEED more, specially now that the 598's will be ordered any moment :)
- Hd 598's with or without amp?
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... just now
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 28 seconds ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 36 seconds ago
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 44 seconds ago
- › DIY Woody Grado/Symphones Magnums - A build diary 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Best 2.1 computer sound system 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)