- 3,977 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 5/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Gaming headphones with bass extension, $150-$250 budget Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrading from HD598 Last post on 3/2/14 at 11:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there something between the hd598 and dt770s? Last post on 2/28/14 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a 250$ headphones instad of my ATH M50 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- In-Ear Help for the Traveler Last post on 2/21/14 at 10:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
Hd 598's with or without amp? - Page 5post #61 of 667/30/13 at 3:21amPersonally I would think it is better to have them separately in case of upgrade. A DAC like the hifimediy and a reasonable amplifier like the Magni, and you would be set for a long time.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 667/30/13 at 9:33amQuote:
I see.... I will look into it...
In the meantime, if I were to buy just an amp for my iPhone and IE80s... what exactly does an amp do to the sound quality? Just make it louder?post #63 of 667/30/13 at 9:47amNope. With my e17 (same amplification as e11) and ety hf2 I get more weighty bass, better imaging (by a good margin) and therefore more clarity. The sound is also more alive and well balanced. I am going line-out from my iphone. This is all compared to my iphone4 with its internal amp.
Edited by davidsh - 7/30/13 at 9:49ampost #64 of 667/30/13 at 11:01am
i have not heard those, the e11 does very little for the hd598's but i had the klipsh s4i's and the e11 amped them very nicely, but there are better ones out there fiio is just more popular there is an amp i am thinking of and will post again when i find the link.post #65 of 6610/8/13 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blaalad12
So do you feel buying an e10 or e17 will improve sound quality enough to be worth the purchase or do you feel it will be so minimal that its not worth it?
An other alternative would be to sell my headphones and put the cost of an amp/dac towards a new pair but then iam assuming they would certainly need an amp so it would cost much more then just adding an amp/dac to what i currently have!
I have a Fiio e17 and I just got my pair of HD 598s in the mail today. The Fiio e17 is worth it in my opinion. My setup:
Mac mini > Fiio e17 > HD 598
My cans are brand new so I am still burning them in, but they sound great right now, especially running with the e17.
- Hd 598's with or without amp?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 22 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 23 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for Closed Headphones for Rock/Metal/Pop 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best IEM/cans for noise-cancellation/isolation [Not for listening... 5 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 6 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude