Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › high end rig recommendations budget $4000 or lower
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

high end rig recommendations budget $4000 or lower - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie medic View Post

they do seem to have a few highend headphones around but it seems the only headphones they have instock that i would think about auditioning is the hd800. all the rest are either out of stock or simply not there! im sure they would let me audition them tho if i called in ahead of time but idk i guess ill find out when i call them.

 

Also, I forgot earlier, but there's a meet in the northern VA area coming up on May 25th.  there will definitely be at least LCD2s there among other things.  Not sure where you are located in VA but this is in Annandale, VA and would probably be an easy way to try out a lot of gear.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653546/va-md-dc-meet-saturday-may-25-2013

post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post

 

Also, I forgot earlier, but there's a meet in the northern VA area coming up on May 25th.  there will definitely be at least LCD2s there among other things.  Not sure where you are located in VA but this is in Annandale, VA and would probably be an easy way to try out a lot of gear.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653546/va-md-dc-meet-saturday-may-25-2013

OMG thank you so much!!!! thats perfect really! i live about 2 hours away but considering what im thinking of getting this will be a perfect opportunity to try out stuff! thanks!

post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie medic View Post

OMG thank you so much!!!! thats perfect really! i live about 2 hours away but considering what im thinking of getting this will be a perfect opportunity to try out stuff! thanks!

 

Yeah I'm thinking I'll be there as well.  Will be my first meet I've attended.  Could bring some of the stuff in my sig (though I don't really want to lug the WA2 there).

post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post

 

Yeah I'm thinking I'll be there as well.  Will be my first meet I've attended.  Could bring some of the stuff in my sig (though I don't really want to lug the WA2 there).

great! i would bring those T1's of yours. people would surely love to hear them (including me) that and it seems that no one els mentioned at the forum that they would bring a T1 but i could be wrong.

post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 

well just a little update here for some reason..... my budget has been lowered to around 2100 because of the tax i forgot to add to the potential paycheck (silly me) so i guess the only good choice i have at the moment is the lcd-2 with dac and amp.

post #21 of 24

We, all of us, have that same realization each year around April 15.  :-)

post #22 of 24

Hey, you can get the sony v6 or akg k240 for under 100. Just ordered the v6 about an hour ago. I have the akg k240 too and it kicks ass. Just something to consider.

post #23 of 24

I would still give the HD650s a look too...

post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

I would still give the HD650s a look too...

 

I think im gunna get the lcd-2 or the hifiman he 500. im not realy sure but i guess i wont know until i try them out at the meeting at virginnia. ill look at the hd 650,s too

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Man View Post

Hey, you can get the sony v6 or akg k240 for under 100. Just ordered the v6 about an hour ago. I have the akg k240 too and it kicks ass. Just something to consider.

lol i already have a v6! (which i agree is very awsome)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › high end rig recommendations budget $4000 or lower