in relation to the thread " WORST headphone you ever heard?", http://www.head-fi.org/t/571839/worst-headphone-you-ever-heard/705, i, as a design freak, wonder what u guys think about which headphones appeal to you the most?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300? Last post on 7/1/13 at 6:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Home Headphones, Already have Sennheiser HD 25-II - Rock, Stoner, Metal Last post on 3/27/13 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on buying new headphones Last post on 1/23/13 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- For anime, Grado 80i vs Sony insertmodelhere Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:01am in Headphones (full-size)
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently in loooove with the Sennheise HD-25-1-ii I just bought. I loooove that technical bunch of wires on black. Form follows function.
But then again, I have some vintage gear in my living room most people would find ugly. Technics SB-6000 speakers for instance.
I think all the Grados look pretty nice, the Wooden ones especially.
But the Phocal spirits i tried at my local store a few days ago looked nice as well :)
Something like that?
Personally, I'm a fan of the Audio Technica wings. No need to worry about adjusting the headband whenever you move around or let a friend listen. I have two such headphones with that design (Audio Technica AT-AD900 and Superlux HD669) and it feels alien to me whenever I use a different headphone and have to adjust the band.. The look is distinctive enough if you're really into that. Downside is that the... headband doesn't have a middle part on your head so you can't use such headphones to hold back your hair.
Sennheiser, AKG and Grado are a few examples of brief design in Bauhaus style, which is good. Though the concept of design itself is something very wondrous. As for me, I wasn't so big on Vmodas in the beginning, particularly M80 and M100, but till I saw them on hand, I started falling into love with them.
This goes the same with my love for Mercedes GLK too. I found it really disgusting at my first sight. Though my impression about it changed drastically when I saw the real thing.
Funny how people's perceptions about things can change ah?
This may explain why I love my gf so much, who is a far cry from being photogenic.
Anyone here would like to share your views on the design of Japs headphones, such as JVC or Sony?
Steve Jobs once said at a design conference “The current wave of industrial design is Sony’s high-tech look, which is gunmetal grey, maybe paint it black, do weird stuff to it, It’s easy to do that. But it’s not great.”
So any thoughts on it, guys?
- Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 15 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 16 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 39 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 54 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones advice, Grado sr225e vs sr325e or alternatives 3 minutes ago
- › In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2