in relation to the thread " WORST headphone you ever heard?", http://www.head-fi.org/t/571839/worst-headphone-you-ever-heard/705, i, as a design freak, wonder what u guys think about which headphones appeal to you the most?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300? Last post on 7/1/13 at 6:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Home Headphones, Already have Sennheiser HD 25-II - Rock, Stoner, Metal Last post on 3/27/13 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on buying new headphones Last post on 1/23/13 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- For anime, Grado 80i vs Sony insertmodelhere Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently in loooove with the Sennheise HD-25-1-ii I just bought. I loooove that technical bunch of wires on black. Form follows function.
But then again, I have some vintage gear in my living room most people would find ugly. Technics SB-6000 speakers for instance.
I think all the Grados look pretty nice, the Wooden ones especially.
But the Phocal spirits i tried at my local store a few days ago looked nice as well :)
Something like that?
Personally, I'm a fan of the Audio Technica wings. No need to worry about adjusting the headband whenever you move around or let a friend listen. I have two such headphones with that design (Audio Technica AT-AD900 and Superlux HD669) and it feels alien to me whenever I use a different headphone and have to adjust the band.. The look is distinctive enough if you're really into that. Downside is that the... headband doesn't have a middle part on your head so you can't use such headphones to hold back your hair.
Sennheiser, AKG and Grado are a few examples of brief design in Bauhaus style, which is good. Though the concept of design itself is something very wondrous. As for me, I wasn't so big on Vmodas in the beginning, particularly M80 and M100, but till I saw them on hand, I started falling into love with them.
This goes the same with my love for Mercedes GLK too. I found it really disgusting at my first sight. Though my impression about it changed drastically when I saw the real thing.
Funny how people's perceptions about things can change ah?
This may explain why I love my gf so much, who is a far cry from being photogenic.
Anyone here would like to share your views on the design of Japs headphones, such as JVC or Sony?
Steve Jobs once said at a design conference “The current wave of industrial design is Sony’s high-tech look, which is gunmetal grey, maybe paint it black, do weird stuff to it, It’s easy to do that. But it’s not great.”
So any thoughts on it, guys?
- Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 20 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › *Brand New* Creative - Aurvana In-Ear3 Plus! (New Model!) 3 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)