in relation to the thread " WORST headphone you ever heard?", http://www.head-fi.org/t/571839/worst-headphone-you-ever-heard/705, i, as a design freak, wonder what u guys think about which headphones appeal to you the most?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300? Last post on 7/1/13 at 6:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Home Headphones, Already have Sennheiser HD 25-II - Rock, Stoner, Metal Last post on 3/27/13 at 1:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on buying new headphones Last post on 1/23/13 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- For anime, Grado 80i vs Sony insertmodelhere Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently in loooove with the Sennheise HD-25-1-ii I just bought. I loooove that technical bunch of wires on black. Form follows function.
But then again, I have some vintage gear in my living room most people would find ugly. Technics SB-6000 speakers for instance.
I think all the Grados look pretty nice, the Wooden ones especially.
But the Phocal spirits i tried at my local store a few days ago looked nice as well :)
Something like that?
Personally, I'm a fan of the Audio Technica wings. No need to worry about adjusting the headband whenever you move around or let a friend listen. I have two such headphones with that design (Audio Technica AT-AD900 and Superlux HD669) and it feels alien to me whenever I use a different headphone and have to adjust the band.. The look is distinctive enough if you're really into that. Downside is that the... headband doesn't have a middle part on your head so you can't use such headphones to hold back your hair.
Sennheiser, AKG and Grado are a few examples of brief design in Bauhaus style, which is good. Though the concept of design itself is something very wondrous. As for me, I wasn't so big on Vmodas in the beginning, particularly M80 and M100, but till I saw them on hand, I started falling into love with them.
This goes the same with my love for Mercedes GLK too. I found it really disgusting at my first sight. Though my impression about it changed drastically when I saw the real thing.
Funny how people's perceptions about things can change ah?
This may explain why I love my gf so much, who is a far cry from being photogenic.
Anyone here would like to share your views on the design of Japs headphones, such as JVC or Sony?
Steve Jobs once said at a design conference “The current wave of industrial design is Sony’s high-tech look, which is gunmetal grey, maybe paint it black, do weird stuff to it, It’s easy to do that. But it’s not great.”
So any thoughts on it, guys?
- Most Appealing Headphone Ever Seen?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 20 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 46 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 1 minute ago
- › I've got a turntable... 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric DAC V850 - General Discussion and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2