Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Red Wine Audio Cassabria
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wine Audio Cassabria

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Anyone listen to the new Cassabria HPA? 

post #2 of 18

I'd like to ask too.

post #3 of 18

I have not, BUT I have the Signature 16 with the headphone output and it has the same exact single ended headphone output as the Cassabria and.......well, I'm posting a very extensive review of the Sig 16 later tonight, or tomorrow so keep a look out for it (putting the finishing touches on it now)   ;)

post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPDJ View Post

I have not, BUT I have the Signature 16 with the headphone output and it has the same exact single ended headphone output as the Cassabria and.......well, I'm posting a very extensive review of the Sig 16 later tonight, or tomorrow so keep a look out for it (putting the finishing touches on it now)   wink.gif

I'm glad to see this amp finally getting some press. I'm considering getting one later this year and the lack of reviews was disturbing.
post #5 of 18

Here is the link to my very thorough review of the Signature 16:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683531/review-red-wine-audio-signature-16-integrated-headphone-speaker-amplifier

 

 

Enjoy :)

post #6 of 18

Thank you!

post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohawkUS View Post


I'm glad to see this amp finally getting some press. I'm considering getting one later this year and the lack of reviews was disturbing.

 

Hi MohawUS,

 

It's our fault - we haven't sent any out for review yet, but Tone Audio is getting one in about 2 weeks.  

 

And Skylab will be getting a Cassabria for review (Innerfidelity.com) around the same time, so the reviews are coming.

 

 

HPDJ - that was a well-written and detailed review.  Thank you!

 

Happy listening,

 

Vinnie

post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie R. View Post

Hi MohawUS,

It's our fault - we haven't sent any out for review yet, but Tone Audio is getting one in about 2 weeks.  

And Skylab will be getting a Cassabria for review (Innerfidelity.com) around the same time, so the reviews are coming.


HPDJ - that was a well-written and detailed review.  Thank you!

Happy listening,

Vinnie

In that case I have to ask, looking for any more reviewers? I'm only one state away. wink.gif
post #9 of 18
Glad to see Skylab is going to review the Cassabria ! I too still want upgrade my balanced Corvina. smily_headphones1.gif
post #10 of 18

I just thought I would bump this thead up, does anyone have any experience with the Cassabria?  I am looking for what would likely be (for me) an end game tube amp. Anyone?

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie R. View Post

Hi MohawUS,

It's our fault - we haven't sent any out for review yet, but Tone Audio is getting one in about 2 weeks.  

And Skylab will be getting a Cassabria for review (Innerfidelity.com) around the same time, so the reviews are coming.


HPDJ - that was a well-written and detailed review.  Thank you!

Happy listening,

Vinnie

A year and a day later... I still can't find any thorough reviews of the Cassabria, anywhere online, including at Innerfidelity, 6Moons, TNT-Audio, Positive Feedback, The Absolute Sound, Headphonia, Tone Audio, WhatHiFI, you name it. Google your brains out, there are no reviews to be found.

Why?

Nearly two years on the market, this is an amp for which there are no opinions other than little snippets here and there: "I like it a lot." Or "It's smooth and transparent."

Even the Cassabria page page has a Review section that opens with this disclaimer:

"Note: Corvina reviews follow. Cassabria is an upgraded version of our Corvina. "

As if to say, "The Cassabria offers no advantages over the discontinued Corvina," which sold for almost half the price.

I'm simultaneously dumbfounded and humored, but mostly frustrated. The closest dealer to my location near Dallas is in Colorado, but the inability to audition before purchasing is not unusual in this niche market. Making a purchase in the absence of multiple, well-articulated opinions is all we can hope for, but here, we have nothing, and I'm not into bungee-jumping leaps of faith.

Keenly interested - in a vacuum of opinion - thus, looking elsewhere to spend my money (after two hours of research...)

redface.gif

Mike
Edited by zilch0md - 9/1/14 at 11:02am
post #12 of 18

Hi Mike,

 

I'm sorry about your frustration.  I ended up putting Cassabria reviews on hold because of what I have been

working on for over a year now.  

 

I can't go into detail about it here, but something new is in the works and will be unveiled at CanJam 

at RMAF next month.

 

It will be a game-changer!  Stay-tuned, and make sure you are signed up on our newsletter (link on RWA

website).

 

Again, sorry I can't go into more detail - and sorry I have not updated this thread sooner.

 

Vinnie

post #13 of 18

Wow!  Thanks Vinnie,

 

I'm just patient enough to be hooked by that.  :D 

 

Subscribed to your mailing list.  

 

Tick, tock, tick, tock ...

 

Mike

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
 

Wow!  Thanks Vinnie,

 

I'm just patient enough to be hooked by that.  :D 

 

Subscribed to your mailing list.  

 

Tick, tock, tick, tock ...

 

Mike

 

Hi Mike,

 

I think you'll be glad you did!  This will make up for the delay! :cool:

 

Vinnie

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post


A year and a day later... I still can't find any thorough reviews of the Cassabria, anywhere online, including at Innerfidelity, 6Moons, TNT-Audio, Positive Feedback, The Absolute Sound, Headphonia, Tone Audio, WhatHiFI, you name it. Google your brains out, there are no reviews to be found.

Why?

Nearly two years on the market, this is an amp for which there are no opinions other than little snippets here and there: "I like it a lot." Or "It's smooth and transparent."

Even the Cassabria page page has a Review section that opens with this disclaimer:

"Note: Corvina reviews follow. Cassabria is an upgraded version of our Corvina. "

As if to say, "The Cassabria offers no advantages over the discontinued Corvina," which sold for almost half the price.

I'm simultaneously dumbfounded and humored, but mostly frustrated. The closest dealer to my location near Dallas is in Colorado, but the inability to audition before purchasing is not unusual in this niche market. Making a purchase in the absence of multiple, well-articulated opinions is all we can hope for, but here, we have nothing, and I'm not into bungee-jumping leaps of faith.

Keenly interested - in a vacuum of opinion - thus, looking elsewhere to spend my money (after two hours of research...)

redface.gif

Mike

It sounds like something interesting is in the works. But I can attest that the Cassabria is an excellent amp. RWA is pretty small and doesn't have any mass appeal like Schiit or iFi, and they don't get the head-fi hype like dedicated head-fi companies like Cavalli or Eddie Current. I have a Cassabria and can attest it is an EXCELLENT amp that leaves me no desire to persue anything else. 

 

But now Vinnie is dropping hints of bigger and better? I'm very curious to see what is next.

 

I think part of the difference between Cassabria and Corvina is the presence of the balanced output in addition to the SE. Note that that Cassabria takes SE input and has a balanced output. The balanced output is a 5W rated output whereas the SE is <1W.. I'm pretty sure the Corvina was the <1W output stage only. So that is a pretty big difference right there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Red Wine Audio Cassabria