Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics SM64 Universal IEM review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EarSonics SM64 Universal IEM review - Page 5

post #61 of 67
That's great.. I personally don't think the 5k suck out is that obvious or flaw enough for me to dump it. It's also good that you have it compared with TG344, though its not going to dethrone TG334 but for what it cost, it really punch above its weight and got into the ring with some of the very best universal iem.
post #62 of 67

Between this and the Heir Audio 4.A, what are the main differences. I know the heir is more neutral... and that its more balanced? I want something similar to my Gr07, maybe improving the mids and highs and  a little more bass. Will this do? I was also considering the 1964 V3

post #63 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphus0204 View Post

Between this and the Heir Audio 4.A, what are the main differences. I know the heir is more neutral... and that its more balanced? I want something similar to my Gr07, maybe improving the mids and highs and  a little more bass. Will this do? I was also considering the 1964 V3

I could swear that there is a comparison somewhere here...or in the other SM64 thread.
post #64 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


I could swear that there is a comparison somewhere here...or in the other SM64 thread.

Probably in the other...Not sure thoughbiggrin.gif

post #65 of 67

i own the mad dog v 3.2 and love that sound signature so I posted a thread asking for similar sound signature for iem so is the SM64 that close to mad dog.

 

I am looking for that same sound signature as mad dog so if the SM64 is not close to it please recommend me an ism that is close to it

 

i will be using iem with my fiio x3 amped by ifi ican nano

 

price to not be above 450 euro


Edited by hykhleif - 6/17/14 at 10:30am
post #66 of 67

average_joe, I've only read under "Sound" and "Summary" but excellent write-up, thanks! As usual I'm late to the party and it would seem the SM64 isn't getting much love or attention these days which seems a bit unfair to me. I've only had the SM64 for a couple of weeks, but I find it very musical and engaging, more so than perhaps my other IEMs. It seems to be able to recreate in me the same kind of emotional response that I often get with live music. Anyway, you write that "Clarity isn’t the best for the price point" which makes me wonder what ear tips you used as I do feel the stock foam tips affects clarity a bit .

post #67 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

average_joe, I've only read under "Sound" and "Summary" but excellent write-up, thanks! As usual I'm late to the party and it would seem the SM64 isn't getting much love or attention these days which seems a bit unfair to me. I've only had the SM64 for a couple of weeks, but I find it very musical and engaging, more so than perhaps my other IEMs. It seems to be able to recreate in me the same kind of emotional response that I often get with live music. Anyway, you write that "Clarity isn’t the best for the price point" which makes me wonder what ear tips you used as I do feel the stock foam tips affects clarity a bit .

For those interested I should mention I've read the entire "Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread" and have made a summary of my lasting impressions of the thread here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics SM64 Universal IEM review