Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Notebook Headphone Output Impedance
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Notebook Headphone Output Impedance

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hello,

 

I have a ASUS K45A (Realtek HD Audio)..

 

 

I need to connect the headphone output into a crossover.

 

 

The crossover specifies:

Maximum Input Voltage: 4V RMS

Input Impedance: 10k OHMS

 

 

 

 

It's ok to connect it?

 

I'm asking because of the input high impedance rate (10kohms)

 

 

 

Thankz ;)

post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CplNet View Post

Hello,

 

I have a ASUS K45A (Realtek HD Audio)..

 

 

I need to connect the headphone output into a crossover.

 

 

The crossover specifies:

Maximum Input Voltage: 4V RMS

Input Impedance: 10k OHMS

 

 

 

 

It's ok to connect it?

 

I'm asking because of the input high impedance rate (10kohms)

 

 

 

Thankz ;)

 

Sure, no problem.

The headphone jack will have no problem driving a 10 kiloOhm load.

No worries, mate!   wink_face.gif  

 

I guess the sound card does not have a Line Out jack?

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 

No, there isn't a line out :(

 

 

But, just to understand..

 

 

10kohms is a high resistence, right?

Why it is easy to drive ?

 

 

 

What would be a safe resistence output range to laptop headphones output?

 

 

Thankz

post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CplNet View Post

No, there isn't a line out :(

 

 

But, just to understand..

 

 

10kohms is a high resistence, right?

Why it is easy to drive ?

 

 

 

What would be a safe resistence output range to laptop headphones output?

 

 

Thankz

 

Yes, 10 kOhms is a fairly high resistance.

It is easy to drive becasuse you are not asking the headphone jack to output much power.

I would guess the headphone jack would be OK for any load 30 or 40 Ohms or higher.

 

For example, it should not have any trouble if the crossover was 100 kOhms.

post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hmm thankz, i understood ;)

 

 

Im safe =) THankz

post #6 of 11

Don't get too comfortable.

You are NOT safe from the coming Zombie Apocalypse!

Unless you have the necessary skills...............wink_face.gif

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 

o2smile.gifbeerchug.gif

post #8 of 11

 

There's a guy I work with who talks about this all the time.

Sometimes I wonder if he actually believes it! confused_face_2.gif

post #9 of 11

I think overall notebooks' headphone jacks are all right to drive almost anything... anything reasonable. Recently hooked up a pair of old-time boombox speakers to a newer laptop, no amp or anything. The sound card can drive those speakers to distortion.

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 

lololol

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsandrew View Post

I think overall notebooks' headphone jacks are all right to drive almost anything... anything reasonable. Recently hooked up a pair of old-time boombox speakers to a newer laptop, no amp or anything. The sound card can drive those speakers to distortion.

 

You're getting off topic:  what does this have to do with Zombies and the coming Apocalypse?confused_face_2.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Notebook Headphone Output Impedance