Forget about the HE-5 and go with the HE-6 instead, with a proper amp
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can mid-fi be too good? Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 am in Headphones (full-size)
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Beyond HD650, whats next? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"If you want recommendations in a certain price range you should say your budget is half of what you really want to spend."
It happens in nearly every thread. Half of the recommendations cost twice what the OP states as their budget.
For everyone wanting to know about my amp:
I am waiting for my Aune T1, maybe it will boost the sound so much that i'll be satisfied.
To the one that told me to upgrade my cables, i have read alot on these forums about cables not making any diffrence at all, whats everyones view on this?
IF it is an upgrade to get new cables, which ones should i get?
I think you could benefit from an upgraded DAC and amp that would fit well into your $600 budget. But if you are itching for a completely new headphone, the DT880 might be something you can take a look at if you want a clear sound. HD600 is also an option.
That's actually a fantastic recommendation. The DT880 is a VERY legitimate alternative to the HD600. I actually kinda miss my pair's ridiculously good treble.
Yeah the DT880 is a headphone that I've come close to pulling the trigger on multiple occasions. It seems like it would be a nice change of pace from the HD650, and it's also pretty affordable second-hand from the FS forums.
I moved to the DT880Pro from the HD650 via LCD-2 Rev1 and HE500. I find the Beyer as satisfying as any of them in terms of day-to-day listening and comfort. It's a quite astonishing bargain for $250 or so.
Yes and no... while a wood grado is a good compliment to the HD650... it also can require different amplification, (high current moderate voltage). Just about all the HD650 synnergetic setups I have plugged my RS1 into made it sound very shouty and hyperactive in the upper frequencies. The same amp qualities that interject energy into the HD650, don't really work well with the RS1. IMHO of course.
OP what amp / source are you using?
And yet no one has mentioned the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.
Under $600, I think the W1000X is worth a look. If for nothing but that you probably won't need too much of an amp to make them shine.
- Beyond HD650, whats next?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Very specific, semi-basshead cans required 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)