Forget about the HE-5 and go with the HE-6 instead, with a proper amp
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 4/4/16 at 6:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/20/16 at 11:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
Beyond HD650, whats next? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"If you want recommendations in a certain price range you should say your budget is half of what you really want to spend."
It happens in nearly every thread. Half of the recommendations cost twice what the OP states as their budget.
For everyone wanting to know about my amp:
I am waiting for my Aune T1, maybe it will boost the sound so much that i'll be satisfied.
To the one that told me to upgrade my cables, i have read alot on these forums about cables not making any diffrence at all, whats everyones view on this?
IF it is an upgrade to get new cables, which ones should i get?
I think you could benefit from an upgraded DAC and amp that would fit well into your $600 budget. But if you are itching for a completely new headphone, the DT880 might be something you can take a look at if you want a clear sound. HD600 is also an option.
That's actually a fantastic recommendation. The DT880 is a VERY legitimate alternative to the HD600. I actually kinda miss my pair's ridiculously good treble.
Yeah the DT880 is a headphone that I've come close to pulling the trigger on multiple occasions. It seems like it would be a nice change of pace from the HD650, and it's also pretty affordable second-hand from the FS forums.
I moved to the DT880Pro from the HD650 via LCD-2 Rev1 and HE500. I find the Beyer as satisfying as any of them in terms of day-to-day listening and comfort. It's a quite astonishing bargain for $250 or so.
Yes and no... while a wood grado is a good compliment to the HD650... it also can require different amplification, (high current moderate voltage). Just about all the HD650 synnergetic setups I have plugged my RS1 into made it sound very shouty and hyperactive in the upper frequencies. The same amp qualities that interject energy into the HD650, don't really work well with the RS1. IMHO of course.
OP what amp / source are you using?
And yet no one has mentioned the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.
Under $600, I think the W1000X is worth a look. If for nothing but that you probably won't need too much of an amp to make them shine.
- Beyond HD650, whats next?
- › Xuelin Ihifi 800, a brief introduction 9 seconds ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › 2016 St. Louis Area Spring Meet - April 30, 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Recommedation required for an auphile in ear headphone available in... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse