Forget about the HE-5 and go with the HE-6 instead, with a proper amp
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/12/14 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- After hours of research, I still can't find something that I like. Help, please? Last post on 8/5/14 at 2:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Beyond HD650, whats next? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"If you want recommendations in a certain price range you should say your budget is half of what you really want to spend."
It happens in nearly every thread. Half of the recommendations cost twice what the OP states as their budget.
For everyone wanting to know about my amp:
I am waiting for my Aune T1, maybe it will boost the sound so much that i'll be satisfied.
To the one that told me to upgrade my cables, i have read alot on these forums about cables not making any diffrence at all, whats everyones view on this?
IF it is an upgrade to get new cables, which ones should i get?
I think you could benefit from an upgraded DAC and amp that would fit well into your $600 budget. But if you are itching for a completely new headphone, the DT880 might be something you can take a look at if you want a clear sound. HD600 is also an option.
That's actually a fantastic recommendation. The DT880 is a VERY legitimate alternative to the HD600. I actually kinda miss my pair's ridiculously good treble.
Yeah the DT880 is a headphone that I've come close to pulling the trigger on multiple occasions. It seems like it would be a nice change of pace from the HD650, and it's also pretty affordable second-hand from the FS forums.
I moved to the DT880Pro from the HD650 via LCD-2 Rev1 and HE500. I find the Beyer as satisfying as any of them in terms of day-to-day listening and comfort. It's a quite astonishing bargain for $250 or so.
Yes and no... while a wood grado is a good compliment to the HD650... it also can require different amplification, (high current moderate voltage). Just about all the HD650 synnergetic setups I have plugged my RS1 into made it sound very shouty and hyperactive in the upper frequencies. The same amp qualities that interject energy into the HD650, don't really work well with the RS1. IMHO of course.
OP what amp / source are you using?
And yet no one has mentioned the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.
Under $600, I think the W1000X is worth a look. If for nothing but that you probably won't need too much of an amp to make them shine.
- Beyond HD650, whats next?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Modi or ODAC 36 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 50 seconds ago
- › Denon DA-300 USB Dac and B&W P7's 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Are there headphones that work with glasses? 9 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)