Forget about the HE-5 and go with the HE-6 instead, with a proper amp
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparable to a HE-400 Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 12/15/13 at 4:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 amp/dac advice Last post on 12/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Amp and DAC Last post on 12/11/13 at 5:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Beyond HD650, whats next? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"If you want recommendations in a certain price range you should say your budget is half of what you really want to spend."
It happens in nearly every thread. Half of the recommendations cost twice what the OP states as their budget.
For everyone wanting to know about my amp:
I am waiting for my Aune T1, maybe it will boost the sound so much that i'll be satisfied.
To the one that told me to upgrade my cables, i have read alot on these forums about cables not making any diffrence at all, whats everyones view on this?
IF it is an upgrade to get new cables, which ones should i get?
I think you could benefit from an upgraded DAC and amp that would fit well into your $600 budget. But if you are itching for a completely new headphone, the DT880 might be something you can take a look at if you want a clear sound. HD600 is also an option.
That's actually a fantastic recommendation. The DT880 is a VERY legitimate alternative to the HD600. I actually kinda miss my pair's ridiculously good treble.
Yeah the DT880 is a headphone that I've come close to pulling the trigger on multiple occasions. It seems like it would be a nice change of pace from the HD650, and it's also pretty affordable second-hand from the FS forums.
I moved to the DT880Pro from the HD650 via LCD-2 Rev1 and HE500. I find the Beyer as satisfying as any of them in terms of day-to-day listening and comfort. It's a quite astonishing bargain for $250 or so.
Yes and no... while a wood grado is a good compliment to the HD650... it also can require different amplification, (high current moderate voltage). Just about all the HD650 synnergetic setups I have plugged my RS1 into made it sound very shouty and hyperactive in the upper frequencies. The same amp qualities that interject energy into the HD650, don't really work well with the RS1. IMHO of course.
OP what amp / source are you using?
And yet no one has mentioned the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.
Under $600, I think the W1000X is worth a look. If for nothing but that you probably won't need too much of an amp to make them shine.
- Beyond HD650, whats next?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 8 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 23 seconds ago
- › WTB Audeze Aftermarket Cable 33 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Anandtech Smartphone Audio Test 1 minute ago
- › Mint Hifiman HE-6 with many extra's 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe