Forget about the HE-5 and go with the HE-6 instead, with a proper amp
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Beyond HD650, whats next? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
"If you want recommendations in a certain price range you should say your budget is half of what you really want to spend."
It happens in nearly every thread. Half of the recommendations cost twice what the OP states as their budget.
For everyone wanting to know about my amp:
I am waiting for my Aune T1, maybe it will boost the sound so much that i'll be satisfied.
To the one that told me to upgrade my cables, i have read alot on these forums about cables not making any diffrence at all, whats everyones view on this?
IF it is an upgrade to get new cables, which ones should i get?
I think you could benefit from an upgraded DAC and amp that would fit well into your $600 budget. But if you are itching for a completely new headphone, the DT880 might be something you can take a look at if you want a clear sound. HD600 is also an option.
That's actually a fantastic recommendation. The DT880 is a VERY legitimate alternative to the HD600. I actually kinda miss my pair's ridiculously good treble.
Yeah the DT880 is a headphone that I've come close to pulling the trigger on multiple occasions. It seems like it would be a nice change of pace from the HD650, and it's also pretty affordable second-hand from the FS forums.
I moved to the DT880Pro from the HD650 via LCD-2 Rev1 and HE500. I find the Beyer as satisfying as any of them in terms of day-to-day listening and comfort. It's a quite astonishing bargain for $250 or so.
Yes and no... while a wood grado is a good compliment to the HD650... it also can require different amplification, (high current moderate voltage). Just about all the HD650 synnergetic setups I have plugged my RS1 into made it sound very shouty and hyperactive in the upper frequencies. The same amp qualities that interject energy into the HD650, don't really work well with the RS1. IMHO of course.
OP what amp / source are you using?
And yet no one has mentioned the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X.
Under $600, I think the W1000X is worth a look. If for nothing but that you probably won't need too much of an amp to make them shine.
- Beyond HD650, whats next?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 23 seconds ago
- › sonus faber extrema in house 33 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 46 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic AT1350 - An Improved DT1350? 46 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 57 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 59 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Appreciation Thread. :) 2 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 2 minutes ago
- › FS or FT : Furutech GT2 0.6m (1.8ft) Audiophile Grade USB A to B Cable 3 minutes ago
- › Portapros or Senn PX-100 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob