Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread - Page 43

post #631 of 646
both the 334 and parterrre are excellent earphones. I have them both and enjoy them both smily_headphones1.gif
post #632 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwind2008 View Post

both the 334 and parterrre are excellent earphones. I have them both and enjoy them both smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I have some K10's on order, but something tells me I'm going to hang on to the Parterre's!

post #633 of 646
Congratulations! Be sure to let us know how the K10 sounds.wink.gif
post #634 of 646

I had sold my Parterre, bought the 334, lived with the 334 for a couple of months, sold the 334, lived Fitear-less for a few months, then here I am listening to my new Parterres..........can't be happier :evil:

post #635 of 646

Parterres - Very natural, neutral sound.  Beautiful coherence from low to high ranges.  Airy, with great timbre in the sound of all instruments.  Vocals are wonderful and again, very natural. Headstage might be slightly wider than the K10's, but not much difference.  BTW, the Spiral Dot tips have provided the best seal and fit I have found thus far.

 

K10's - Repeat all of the above descriptions, except with an underlying fullness and richness that comes with a stronger sub and mid bass.  It takes some time to adjust to the new sound, but after listening for a good period, the K10's provided a richer texture to all the music I listened to.  Initially, I thought the bass was a little overpowering, but I soon realized I was losing nothing in the clarity of the mids and highs.  Dare I say, that when I switched back to the Parterre's, they sounded ever so slightly thinner than before I had heard the K10's.

 

These are two very satisfying iem's. No sibilance whatsoever in either iem.  Parterre's very natural and more neutral than I gave them credit for, the K10's more colored but hugely impressive in their rich yet cohesive, detailed sound!

 

I'll be hard pressed to show any interest in trying out any other iem's at this point,  I'm very happy with both.

 

Just my opinion!  :ksc75smile:

post #636 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post
 

Parterres - Very natural, neutral sound.  Beautiful coherence from low to high ranges.  Airy, with great timbre in the sound of all instruments.  Vocals are wonderful and again, very natural. Headstage might be slightly wider than the K10's, but not much difference.  BTW, the Spiral Dot tips have provided the best seal and fit I have found thus far.

 

K10's - Repeat all of the above descriptions, except with an underlying fullness and richness that comes with a stronger sub and mid bass.  It takes some time to adjust to the new sound, but after listening for a good period, the K10's provided a richer texture to all the music I listened to.  Initially, I thought the bass was a little overpowering, but I soon realized I was losing nothing in the clarity of the mids and highs.  Dare I say, that when I switched back to the Parterre's, they sounded ever so slightly thinner than before I had heard the K10's.

 

These are two very satisfying iem's. No sibilance whatsoever in either iem.  Parterre's very natural and more neutral than I gave them credit for, the K10's more colored but hugely impressive in their rich yet cohesive, detailed sound!

 

I'll be hard pressed to show any interest in trying out any other iem's at this point,  I'm very happy with both.

 

Just my opinion!  :ksc75smile:

 

Agree, I'm in more or less the same situation with both the Parterres and the Roxannes with me now. But if I'm to choose one of them to stay, right now I'd pick the Parterres. The wonderful balance, the almost perfect coherence and boundless extension towards both end of the FR range, natural presentation of the mids (rather than the more highlighted, tiny bit shouty and attention-seeking mids of the 334), delicate presentation of micro details and the sonorous perception of headstage means it is ALMOST the perfect iem (almost, as you never know what'd be released next right XD). In comparison the Roxannes, although doing nothing wrong, sounds a bit mid-bass and lower-highs heavy thereby hurting its coherence and rendering some frequencies (i.e. deep bass and mid-highs less perceivable than others).

post #637 of 646

BTW with my last Parterre I used the stock 001 cable exclusively, out of my AK100 and occasionally amped.

 

Now with my new Parterre I'm using the 000 cable (20% for sonical improvement 80% for peace of mind) balanced (200% for sonical improvement) out of my AK120ii balanced out. I'm never so close to saying I have in my possession my ideal portable combo the market had ever offered up to now.

post #638 of 646

I'm happy to report that I am once again a Fitear owner.... This time it's a pair of Parterre. Previously it was the TG334. The Parterre has a lot more clarity up through the treble area than the 334 could ever muster. It may be a touch spiky though. It's really a resolving earphone, for sure. It easily picks up all the nuances that my LAB 1 has, it's just a touch more dry about it; it's a more incisive IEM, compared to the LAB's meaty, honey good midrange (whilst still maintaining a huge amount of resolution). It's very, very interesting listening to the two together; they're subtly different IEMs definitely...

post #639 of 646
Haha, interesting. My two iems are also the Lab 1 and the Parterre. I concur that they are both highly resolving but the Parterre is a much dryer presentation. They are both outstanding iems. I use the Lab 1 with the Calyx M and the Parterre with the ak120.
post #640 of 646

Yeah, they are both magnificent. Hard to choose between them. I'm happy to have an IEM that rivals the LAB (although just in a slightly different way), which I won't worry so much about using while on the go. 

 

I don't really have a true "high end" DAP currently... just slumming it with the DX90 for both!!  :biggrin:

post #641 of 646

My theory is also that I don't have to worry about the Parterre as much as the Lab 1 on the go, however I still find myself using the Lab 1 on the go most of the time. It is hard not to pickup the Lab 1.

post #642 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogi replicant View Post
 

My theory is also that I don't have to worry about the Parterre as much as the Lab 1 on the go, however I still find myself using the Lab 1 on the go most of the time. It is hard not to pickup the Lab 1.

I can't seem to let mine go, even though I'm listening a lot more to my K10's.  They do have a signature that is wonderful to listen to.

post #643 of 646
These days I find myself reaching for the Parterre most often (even though was late to the party)... That is between it, the LAB 1, and the ASG-2.5 (which I also highly enjoy). The clarity and resolution is a touch better than the other two, and that crystalline presentation is like a drink of clear spring water whereas the other two are a tad more thick sounding. All three are amazing IEMs though.
post #644 of 646

How Parterre sounds compared to Dita Answer ? :smile:

post #645 of 646

I don't have the Answer on hand currently anymore, just going by memory... But the Parterre seemed more connected across the entire range, with no obvious dips or overly harsh spots. The Answer by contrast had slightly withdrawn mids/vocals, and the treble seemed more peaky and could be irritating from time to time. The Parterre's bass could not match the dynamic driver's low reach though. That's about the only area I preferred the Answer's sound. Everywhere else the Parterre's super smooth detail, layering, spaciousness (and placement within the space), and coherence trumped the Answer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread