Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread - Page 17

post #241 of 646

interesting that it is sound great even with unamped.  I will need to try to get the demo on TG334 soon

 

 

Also, kkcc since you are coming from ER4S, can you compare the high on both TG334 and parterre vs ER4S.  The reason I use both ER4P and SE530 because I listen to kitaro(new age music that sounded like the soundtrack of movies)  I love how ER4 depict the sound where SE530 really lack the treble region.    How will TG334 and parterre compare to your ER4.  I know they are both better in some way but as far as the treble end, which one is better?


Edited by danpong - 7/26/13 at 10:05pm
post #242 of 646

one more thing does anyone know whether the nozzle size of parterre and Togo334 is the same size?  so I can use Comply foam T500??

post #243 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpong View Post

one more thing does anyone know whether the nozzle size of parterre and Togo334 is the same size?  so I can use Comply foam T500??


yup same nozzle I was on t500 on both.

post #244 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post


yup same nozzle I was on t500 on both.

thanks.  Have you ever listen to Kitaro song?  Just want to know which one is better for it.  As I have to use ER4 to play it instead of SE530 because SE530 treble didn't extend enough to make the music sparkle. 

post #245 of 646

sorry I can't help you here. the Parterre are gone (loan) and my short experience with SE530 was years ago when I didn't know how to listen yet (I'm still learning).

I guess you would have more treble on the parterre than on the 530 (more in db), but I don't know if it would go higher in frequencies. I'd rather not give you false intels.

post #246 of 646

Wouldn't you want to avoid complys if you want the treble?

post #247 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Wouldn't you want to avoid complys if you want the treble?


yup, comply is a comfort choice mostly as tips do change the signature.

like any universal. if you don't have discomfort issue, you should always try a lot of tips to find the best signature. (more effect than a crazy expensive cable)

post #248 of 646

FitEar have a booth at this weekend's Mook Headphone Festival in Singapore, organized by Jaben. Suyama-san and his wife were both in attendance and while I came to the show leaning towards getting a better set of headphones, I succumbed to my love for IEMs and picked up a Parterre, which I was not aware of until I tried the demo set!

 

While I had played with the universal 334s a while back, I enjoyed the Parterre a great deal more as I felt it catered more to my specific tastes. Great mids, lovely treble and a really coherent presentation. Not at all fatiguing and minimal sibilance on tracks that have been a problem on almost every other IEM i've tried them on. 

 

I'll post some more impressions once they've burnt in (Suyama-san recommended 100-120 hours) but 2 quick points which may interest the folks here - 

 

1. One reason I got the Parterre is that I found it had *great* synergy with my RWAK 100. Other Fitears fared well but this combo, in particular, seemed to click ;)

 

2. Suyama-san also had a prototype set of an  'as-yet-unnamed' IEM which he said was a revision of the Parterre. I didn't get a chance to listen to them for very long, but I think it would be fair to say that they are bassier and warmer at the slight cost of some of the low-mid clarity. Soundstage also seemed larger - going from the 'cafe size' of the original Parterre to perhaps 'black box theatre', certainly not 'concert hall' level ... yet. Still more tweaking to be done but they are targeting an end of the year/early 2014 release.

post #249 of 646

well I've read in here people calling the UM merlin not fatiguing so maybe I'm a fragile little princess, but I did suffer the first few days when I spent a lot of hours auditioning the Parterre.

not as much as an ER4 would bring me fatigue but definitely not an IEM I could use all day long. (too wild for me)

 

about everything else I'm with you, presentation sounded just right, coherent is also the word I used in my poor review, I can't think of a better one.  and I did find it easy to pair with most daps. when the 334 can be more capricious with its slower bass and high sensibility.

post #250 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post

well I've read in here people calling the UM merlin not fatiguing so maybe I'm a fragile little princess, but I did suffer the first few days when I spent a lot of hours auditioning the Parterre.
not as much as an ER4 would bring me fatigue but definitely not an IEM I could use all day long. (too wild for me)

about everything else I'm with you, presentation sounded just right, coherent is also the word I used in my poor review, I can't think of a better one.  and I did find it easy to pair with most daps. when the 334 can be more capricious with its slower bass and high sensibility.
[/quote

So would you say between parterre and tg334 which on has better soundstage?
I'm about to pull trigger on tg334 then this make me have second thought.
post #251 of 646
Quote:

Imaging is really high level and I could spend the entire song mentally jumping from one place to another. I was more impressed by the 334 (in every ways except energy) but to me the Parterre has a more coherent imaging. When the recording is bad and almost in mono, you don't get much. When the recording has an amazing imaging, you get amazed. Moving sounds can be followed from start to end perfectly, when I noticed some tiny ruptures on the 334.

334 is a hell of a fun toy, and will tend to put a multi layered imaging even on some trashy punk song recorded with a phone (each driver gives a different vertical position).

So 334=impressive and fun, Parterre=realistic and coherent.

 

I get to quote myself now how self centered is that? ^_^  soundstage is different, but I can't say if one goes a little wider or not. I guess the signature of the Parterre makes you more aware of some high pitch sounds far away, but I couldn't give a clear winner and they are both very much enjoyable.

 

I really preferred the 334 technically (resolution is really something) and signature wise. it's the best universal I've heard, but also the most expensive universal I've heard ^_^. it did put shame on my old jh13 almost everywhere except for bass quality (control, speed, tightness) .  but I truly believe that people will prefer one or the other fitear based on sound signature only. they are too much apart to chose only on something like soundstage.

how you can handle strong bass might be a factor here, Parterre kicking and 334 rumbling. both far north of neutral.  and same on mids, Parterre kicking, 334 a little more relaxed. I wish I could express myself better about sound as it is so clear in my head frown.gif .

post #252 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by castleofargh View Post

 

I get to quote myself now how self centered is that? ^_^  soundstage is different, but I can't say if one goes a little wider or not. I guess the signature of the Parterre makes you more aware of some high pitch sounds far away, but I couldn't give a clear winner and they are both very much enjoyable.

 

I really preferred the 334 technically (resolution is really something) and signature wise. it's the best universal I've heard, but also the most expensive universal I've heard ^_^. it did put shame on my old jh13 almost everywhere except for bass quality (control, speed, tightness) .  but I truly believe that people will prefer one or the other fitear based on sound signature only. they are too much apart to chose only on something like soundstage.

how you can handle strong bass might be a factor here, Parterre kicking and 334 rumbling. both far north of neutral.  and same on mids, Parterre kicking, 334 a little more relaxed. I wish I could express myself better about sound as it is so clear in my head frown.gif .

Thank you, Castleofargh...  I'm happy with the bass amount of jh13 and 16.  So I think 334 will be really great universal for me.  It just that sometimes my music such as kitaro or a trance music needs to have good enough treble to enjoy.  Anyway, I'll pull a trigger on this 334 and will see how it goes...

post #253 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post

FitEar have a booth at this weekend's Mook Headphone Festival in Singapore, organized by Jaben. Suyama-san and his wife were both in attendance and while I came to the show leaning towards getting a better set of headphones, I succumbed to my love for IEMs and picked up a Parterre, which I was not aware of until I tried the demo set!

 

While I had played with the universal 334s a while back, I enjoyed the Parterre a great deal more as I felt it catered more to my specific tastes. Great mids, lovely treble and a really coherent presentation. Not at all fatiguing and minimal sibilance on tracks that have been a problem on almost every other IEM i've tried them on. 

 

I'll post some more impressions once they've burnt in (Suyama-san recommended 100-120 hours) but 2 quick points which may interest the folks here - 

 

1. One reason I got the Parterre is that I found it had *great* synergy with my RWAK 100. Other Fitears fared well but this combo, in particular, seemed to click ;)

 

2. Suyama-san also had a prototype set of an  'as-yet-unnamed' IEM which he said was a revision of the Parterre. I didn't get a chance to listen to them for very long, but I think it would be fair to say that they are bassier and warmer at the slight cost of some of the low-mid clarity. Soundstage also seemed larger - going from the 'cafe size' of the original Parterre to perhaps 'black box theatre', certainly not 'concert hall' level ... yet. Still more tweaking to be done but they are targeting an end of the year/early 2014 release.

Wait, isn't that prototype IEM actually the Parterre itself before the official release? That's what the staff at the booth told me, the prototype was built first, then came the Parterre. 

post #254 of 646

Probably a misunderstanding. The white paterre is a tweaked version of the original paterre. One is more for classical music and the variant for live mainstream music.

post #255 of 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm.chen View Post

Probably a misunderstanding. The white paterre is a tweaked version of the original paterre. One is more for classical music and the variant for live mainstream music.

 

tm.chen is right. The white iem is a Parterre that has been modified slightly. I believe it is still a prototype and has not even been named.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread