New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

London Calling...19th October, 2013. - Page 16  

post #226 of 618

wait, wut!? sorry but I can't really be volunteering sorry.

post #227 of 618
Thread Starter 
Wut...! Oh okay....wink.gif
post #228 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

wait, wut!? sorry but I can't really be volunteering sorry.

 

Err, sorry but it's too late. I have you down for ear cleaning duties between 1-3pm

 

Report to me first thing and I will give you a box of cotton buds. It will be your job to go round cleaning everyone's ears during the afternoon, to maximise potential audiophile nirvarna amongst attendees.

 

Hope this is ok?

post #229 of 618
Thread Starter 
It sure is, I'm not doing it again....biggrin.gif
post #230 of 618

time for the dinosaur to come out of hiding...

please include me and +1 (da missus!), really looking forward to this.. have taken close to 3 years hiatus now

post #231 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

 

Err, sorry but it's too late. I have you down for ear cleaning duties between 1-3pm

 

Report to me first thing and I will give you a box of cotton buds. It will be your job to go round cleaning everyone's ears during the afternoon, to maximise potential audiophile nirvarna amongst attendees.

 

Hope this is ok?

I'm assuming this is a joke... biggrin.gif

post #232 of 618
Is anyone bringing any Woo Audio products to the meet as im really curious as to how they sound and the dont have any UK dealers to my knowledge, so this would be the only time i could try some out, interested in the WA6 and WA2.
post #233 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphone man07 View Post

I'm assuming this is a joke... biggrin.gif
Audiophile ear cleanliness is no joke. As a long standing member of Headfi you should know that. No need to bring your own earbuds though. Nadeem has arranged sponsorship of ear cleaning by Q Tip.
post #234 of 618
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitook View Post

time for the dinosaur to come out of hiding...
please include me and +1 (da missus!), really looking forward to this.. have taken close to 3 years hiatus now

That's far too long...!biggrin.gif
post #235 of 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post


Audiophile ear cleanliness is no joke. As a long standing member of Headfi you should know that. No need to bring your own earbuds though. Nadeem has arranged sponsorship of ear cleaning by Q Tip.

 

 

!! Any audiophile knows that using cotton buds to clean ears is a terrible idea! All they do is compact the wax (rather than remove it), and if the tip comes off in your ear well... Here is a nice story:

 

Man uses cotton bud to clean ear. Cotton tip comes off in ear. Man goes to A&E (the correct place). ENT doctor pulls out cotton bud with tweezers, along with some small crunchy things. 

Man is stone deaf in that ear. 

Crunchy bits = all the inner ear bones. 

 

Moral of the story: Don't use Q tips!

post #236 of 618
Thread Starter 
Yes, use Johnston & Johnston much better for Audiophiles...! biggrin.gif
post #237 of 618

Please count me in. I am defo coming...

post #238 of 618

Looks like its gonna be another cracking one.

post #239 of 618
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakensaur View Post

Looks like its gonna be another cracking one.

Hopefully yes...smily_headphones1.gif plenty planned, lots of kit on display to try, lots of experts on hand and some live music and a blind test planned...smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by GSARider - 5/18/13 at 2:28pm
post #240 of 618
I would consider bringing my stax gear but will be busy with the blind test for much of the day. I am trying to think of a way round this that doesn't put anyone else out so have not ruled it out yet. If shipsupt ends up going then he will have the magical sigma pros (or are they the 404s) and you're in for a treat if you're interested in the stax brand otherwise I would like to think that at least one or two stax setups should be there
Trev
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked