I would try and find a Meitner MA-1 on the used market. It's a fantastic match with the sr-009.
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 4/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'e done my due diligence so far......... Last post on 11/13/13 at 6:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm new at all this and not a sophisticated audiophile... Last post on 11/9/13 at 7:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the Stax SR 009 experience... Last post on 11/7/13 at 7:21am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: Yesterday
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
DAC for SR-009/BHSE - Page 2post #16 of 464/29/13 at 12:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 464/29/13 at 12:55pmHmmm... I see the DAC1 gets a fair bit of negative impressions... :/
I don't have a BHSE but just the SRM-323S for now, and a DAC2.
I did a shootout with quite a few DAC's til I setteled on the DAC2, however the DAC1 was not one of them...
Then again I don't claim to have particularly good hearing :Ppost #18 of 464/29/13 at 1:47pmThread Starterpost #19 of 464/29/13 at 2:01pmpost #20 of 464/29/13 at 10:26pm
I dont know BHSE+SR-009 but I have a GES-SR-009 and a NOS AudioNote DAC is a perfect partner for them.I am selling my NOS AudioNote DAC, but every time I'm less convinced to sell it really. Im trying the LinnMajik internal dac to connect the GES but the AN is totally superior..I think a component that provides naturalness to the sound must go well to something like the SR-009Cheers
Edited by Sahara - 4/29/13 at 10:28pmpost #21 of 464/30/13 at 7:45ampost #22 of 467/3/13 at 8:13pmThis is and should continue to be a good thread. I already have the 009s and my BHSE should be coming in sometime soon. I too am looking around to upgrade my DAC. I have the NuForce DAC-100, which I think sounds pretty good, but I'd like to buy a better one sometime this year.post #23 of 467/3/13 at 8:51pmOi! I just found this thread and saw Arnaud & Currawong dissing my Benchmark!! Yes it was my DAC1 Pre & SRM-727a with the 009 at a local Tokyo meet :-).
I have to agree with them though as I ran that setup for about 6 months before switching out the DAC1 Pre. At least for my ears, it wasn't so much of the brightness or grittiness that was the issue, but more the lack of depth imaging. I eventually switched out to the HP-A8 which had an improved depth imaging but felt to be a mellower (& slower) DAC. So recently I switched out again, to the Invicta v1 & am happy with this setup. Although I've not tried many other DACs either the Incivta or Eximus DP1 was satisfactory for me.post #24 of 467/3/13 at 10:28pmYou can't imagine how many bad things we say about you and your gear when you're not present . Usually, I use the word "a friend of mine", and oh boy do I say nasty things after that .
Glad you're liking your invicta, keep us posted in you eternal quest toward the best dsd capable dac .post #25 of 467/4/13 at 1:31amThe TPA Buffalo 32 has been my DAC for years. I've never felt it holding back the system through all my upgrades. There's been several upgrades since the Buffalo 32, I'm in the process of updating to the latest Buffalo IIISE, which is intended mainly for stereo and dual mono configurations.
If you can find a good builder I heartily recommend investigating, as DIY project it's fairly straight forward as well.post #26 of 467/4/13 at 8:52am
Since using my K-01's DAC, I'm not just very happy with how my 009 / BHSE sound, but also my HD-600 / GS-Xmk2.
However, I haven't heard any other DAC's, so I've obviously not compared the K-01's to anything else.
I've read the CH Precision C1 is supposed to be a very good DAC, although it's very expensive.post #27 of 467/4/13 at 11:36ampost #28 of 467/4/13 at 3:33pmpost #29 of 467/4/13 at 3:43pm
- DAC for SR-009/BHSE
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 31 seconds ago
- › >>>Anasz' whole system clearance!!<<< 43 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Mundorf Zendo RCA - Rare silver&gold interconnect with special WBT... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Over Ear & Open, Seriously Need Help Quick! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi