I would try and find a Meitner MA-1 on the used market. It's a fantastic match with the sr-009.
Related Forum Threads
- Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve RKV + WooAudio Wee, Stax... Last post on 4/27/15 at 1:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- Totaldac D1-Dual Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:13 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
DAC for SR-009/BHSE - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't have a BHSE but just the SRM-323S for now, and a DAC2.
I did a shootout with quite a few DAC's til I setteled on the DAC2, however the DAC1 was not one of them...
Then again I don't claim to have particularly good hearing :P
I dont know BHSE+SR-009 but I have a GES-SR-009 and a NOS AudioNote DAC is a perfect partner for them.
Edited by Sahara - 4/29/13 at 10:28pm
I have to agree with them though as I ran that setup for about 6 months before switching out the DAC1 Pre. At least for my ears, it wasn't so much of the brightness or grittiness that was the issue, but more the lack of depth imaging. I eventually switched out to the HP-A8 which had an improved depth imaging but felt to be a mellower (& slower) DAC. So recently I switched out again, to the Invicta v1 & am happy with this setup. Although I've not tried many other DACs either the Incivta or Eximus DP1 was satisfactory for me.
Glad you're liking your invicta, keep us posted in you eternal quest toward the best dsd capable dac .
If you can find a good builder I heartily recommend investigating, as DIY project it's fairly straight forward as well.
Since using my K-01's DAC, I'm not just very happy with how my 009 / BHSE sound, but also my HD-600 / GS-Xmk2.
However, I haven't heard any other DAC's, so I've obviously not compared the K-01's to anything else.
I've read the CH Precision C1 is supposed to be a very good DAC, although it's very expensive.
Get an ODAC. They're not expensive and sound better than that way overpriced stuff.
EDIT: Scooz me, forgot this is the TOTL thread. Spend on!
Edited by livewire - 7/4/13 at 11:41am
- DAC for SR-009/BHSE
- › Best wireless tv setup for lag free sound 43 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 10 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 10 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 10 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3