I would try and find a Meitner MA-1 on the used market. It's a fantastic match with the sr-009.
Related Forum Threads
- Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve RKV + WooAudio Wee, Stax... Last post on 2/24/14 at 12:41am in High-end Audio Forum
- Survey - how much money would you pay for a headphone setup that is guaranteed to be the best out... Last post on 4/15/14 at 12:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009,boxed MINT Condition..USA Only Last post on 4/16/14 at 4:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods... Last post on Today at 12:07 am in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones in the world Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
DAC for SR-009/BHSE - Page 2post #16 of 464/29/13 at 12:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 464/29/13 at 12:55pmHmmm... I see the DAC1 gets a fair bit of negative impressions... :/
I don't have a BHSE but just the SRM-323S for now, and a DAC2.
I did a shootout with quite a few DAC's til I setteled on the DAC2, however the DAC1 was not one of them...
Then again I don't claim to have particularly good hearing :Ppost #18 of 464/29/13 at 1:47pmThread Starterpost #19 of 464/29/13 at 2:01pmpost #20 of 464/29/13 at 10:26pm
I dont know BHSE+SR-009 but I have a GES-SR-009 and a NOS AudioNote DAC is a perfect partner for them.I am selling my NOS AudioNote DAC, but every time I'm less convinced to sell it really. Im trying the LinnMajik internal dac to connect the GES but the AN is totally superior..I think a component that provides naturalness to the sound must go well to something like the SR-009Cheers
Edited by Sahara - 4/29/13 at 10:28pmpost #21 of 464/30/13 at 7:45ampost #22 of 467/3/13 at 8:13pmThis is and should continue to be a good thread. I already have the 009s and my BHSE should be coming in sometime soon. I too am looking around to upgrade my DAC. I have the NuForce DAC-100, which I think sounds pretty good, but I'd like to buy a better one sometime this year.post #23 of 467/3/13 at 8:51pmOi! I just found this thread and saw Arnaud & Currawong dissing my Benchmark!! Yes it was my DAC1 Pre & SRM-727a with the 009 at a local Tokyo meet :-).
I have to agree with them though as I ran that setup for about 6 months before switching out the DAC1 Pre. At least for my ears, it wasn't so much of the brightness or grittiness that was the issue, but more the lack of depth imaging. I eventually switched out to the HP-A8 which had an improved depth imaging but felt to be a mellower (& slower) DAC. So recently I switched out again, to the Invicta v1 & am happy with this setup. Although I've not tried many other DACs either the Incivta or Eximus DP1 was satisfactory for me.post #24 of 467/3/13 at 10:28pmYou can't imagine how many bad things we say about you and your gear when you're not present . Usually, I use the word "a friend of mine", and oh boy do I say nasty things after that .
Glad you're liking your invicta, keep us posted in you eternal quest toward the best dsd capable dac .post #25 of 467/4/13 at 1:31amThe TPA Buffalo 32 has been my DAC for years. I've never felt it holding back the system through all my upgrades. There's been several upgrades since the Buffalo 32, I'm in the process of updating to the latest Buffalo IIISE, which is intended mainly for stereo and dual mono configurations.
If you can find a good builder I heartily recommend investigating, as DIY project it's fairly straight forward as well.post #26 of 467/4/13 at 8:52am
Since using my K-01's DAC, I'm not just very happy with how my 009 / BHSE sound, but also my HD-600 / GS-Xmk2.
However, I haven't heard any other DAC's, so I've obviously not compared the K-01's to anything else.
I've read the CH Precision C1 is supposed to be a very good DAC, although it's very expensive.post #27 of 467/4/13 at 11:36am
Get an ODAC. They're not expensive and sound better than that way overpriced stuff.
EDIT: Scooz me, forgot this is the TOTL thread. Spend on!
Edited by livewire - 7/4/13 at 11:41ampost #28 of 467/4/13 at 3:33pmpost #29 of 467/4/13 at 3:43pm
- DAC for SR-009/BHSE
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Hello from Missouri 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › best headphone/amp combo for Classical. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › CLEANING URBANEARS PLATTAN?????? 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob