I would try and find a Meitner MA-1 on the used market. It's a fantastic match with the sr-009.
Related Forum Threads
- Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve RKV + WooAudio Wee, Stax... Last post on 11/18/14 at 3:58am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
DAC for SR-009/BHSE - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't have a BHSE but just the SRM-323S for now, and a DAC2.
I did a shootout with quite a few DAC's til I setteled on the DAC2, however the DAC1 was not one of them...
Then again I don't claim to have particularly good hearing :P
I dont know BHSE+SR-009 but I have a GES-SR-009 and a NOS AudioNote DAC is a perfect partner for them.
Edited by Sahara - 4/29/13 at 10:28pm
I have to agree with them though as I ran that setup for about 6 months before switching out the DAC1 Pre. At least for my ears, it wasn't so much of the brightness or grittiness that was the issue, but more the lack of depth imaging. I eventually switched out to the HP-A8 which had an improved depth imaging but felt to be a mellower (& slower) DAC. So recently I switched out again, to the Invicta v1 & am happy with this setup. Although I've not tried many other DACs either the Incivta or Eximus DP1 was satisfactory for me.
Glad you're liking your invicta, keep us posted in you eternal quest toward the best dsd capable dac .
If you can find a good builder I heartily recommend investigating, as DIY project it's fairly straight forward as well.
Since using my K-01's DAC, I'm not just very happy with how my 009 / BHSE sound, but also my HD-600 / GS-Xmk2.
However, I haven't heard any other DAC's, so I've obviously not compared the K-01's to anything else.
I've read the CH Precision C1 is supposed to be a very good DAC, although it's very expensive.
Get an ODAC. They're not expensive and sound better than that way overpriced stuff.
EDIT: Scooz me, forgot this is the TOTL thread. Spend on!
Edited by livewire - 7/4/13 at 11:41am
- DAC for SR-009/BHSE
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 45 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 54 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › HD650s like new with all original packaging 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2