I would try and find a Meitner MA-1 on the used market. It's a fantastic match with the sr-009.
Related Forum Threads
- Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve RKV + WooAudio Wee, Stax... Last post on 11/18/14 at 3:58am in High-end Audio Forum
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
DAC for SR-009/BHSE - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't have a BHSE but just the SRM-323S for now, and a DAC2.
I did a shootout with quite a few DAC's til I setteled on the DAC2, however the DAC1 was not one of them...
Then again I don't claim to have particularly good hearing :P
I dont know BHSE+SR-009 but I have a GES-SR-009 and a NOS AudioNote DAC is a perfect partner for them.
Edited by Sahara - 4/29/13 at 10:28pm
I have to agree with them though as I ran that setup for about 6 months before switching out the DAC1 Pre. At least for my ears, it wasn't so much of the brightness or grittiness that was the issue, but more the lack of depth imaging. I eventually switched out to the HP-A8 which had an improved depth imaging but felt to be a mellower (& slower) DAC. So recently I switched out again, to the Invicta v1 & am happy with this setup. Although I've not tried many other DACs either the Incivta or Eximus DP1 was satisfactory for me.
Glad you're liking your invicta, keep us posted in you eternal quest toward the best dsd capable dac .
If you can find a good builder I heartily recommend investigating, as DIY project it's fairly straight forward as well.
Since using my K-01's DAC, I'm not just very happy with how my 009 / BHSE sound, but also my HD-600 / GS-Xmk2.
However, I haven't heard any other DAC's, so I've obviously not compared the K-01's to anything else.
I've read the CH Precision C1 is supposed to be a very good DAC, although it's very expensive.
Get an ODAC. They're not expensive and sound better than that way overpriced stuff.
EDIT: Scooz me, forgot this is the TOTL thread. Spend on!
Edited by livewire - 7/4/13 at 11:41am
- DAC for SR-009/BHSE
- › Novice Need advice for good gaming/positional sound headphone 11 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 19 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)