Schiit's instructions say 2 m or less.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Bifrost 4490 impressions Last post on 1/23/17 at 7:55am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best amp dac combo unit under $1000 Last post on 6/5/15 at 11:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650's looking for a new headphone amp Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit stack wanted! - Bitfrost + Amp (See inside) Last post on 1/21/15 at 8:36am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 11/27/14 at 7:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade - Page 58
Gear mentioned in this thread:
And generally, USB is sensitive to length, even with non-audio applications.
Yea thats probably a good call. Im running mine through an old 10ft Monster Cable one Ive had for years and it sounds great to me.
I believe both required drivers. Shoot an email over to Nick to make sure you have the right drivers for whatever version you're using.
I got my Schiit Bifrost yesterday and I let it sit and play music over night. I have to say that I am a little disappointed, this is my 2nd DAC and this wasn't a HUGE upgrade from my Spitfire MkII. I can hear that there is a difference but it wasn't worth 4-500 USD.
Welcome to the world of DACs.
X2. Differences are very subtle. If you hear big differences, then one of the DACs was defective or not made by good designers.
This is why I sold it...
Although the Bifrost is very good,... Yes, I think a little better than my MDC Nad Dac 2. Less bass but more subtle and soundstage. But actually, agree, it's VERY subtle.
Edited by Rudiger - 3/30/14 at 2:00pm
My experience has been that in the world of dacs, once one gets by the frequency response obsession (moar bass, treble, etc) that so much ink is spilled on, there are major differences. Living with these components for just a few evenings can leave one unable to stop listening to file after file, or losing interest after just a couple of albums. The characteristics that grab me (or are lacking) are texture, timbre, and touch, air and space, dynamic swings and attack.
I've had my Bifrost Uber with USB for a few weeks now. I also have a Vali and Modi. I pair them all with AKG K550 headphones and I have Grado SR325is headphones on the way. I use Foobar 2000 with FLAC at 24/192 or Spotify Premium.
The modi was a ton of fun and I had it set up through my speakers as well (Martin Logan MLT-1 theater setup). It was a vast improvement from a crappy Onkyo receiver, that is now dead, and random gaming headsets. I was addicted immediately. I heard the Bifrost had even better sound stage, something I didn't even know about until I bought the Modi. I shared my journey with my Dad who promised me his McIntosh MC2105 amp, C26 preamp, and Magnepan Magneplanar Tympani (don't know model) speakers (!!!!!). I immediately spent my bonus on a Bifrost.
I use the AKG 550 cans for my commute through my iPhone 5S with spotify premium. I can't even begin to describe the vast improvement in everything between my commute and home listening. The Bifrost and Vali make music sound a thousand times more live, vibrant, spacious, full, every damn audiophile adjective you can think of. I listen primarily to death, sludge, doom, and progressive metal (Opeth, Suffocation, SubRosa, Elder, Animals As Leaders, Yob, etc...) and the instrument separation and clarity are perfect, with the Vali adding enough warmth and depth to make overly-technical or poorly recorded albums still sound beautiful and smooth. This is pure bliss for me as a metalhead. This whole journey started when the Onkyo receiver died out and sucked from the beginning anyway. I was so damn frustrated I had to research this field for months. I'm so glad I found the Bifrost and headphones that can finally bring an Origin or Vital Remains album to life. No more blast beats that sound like farts. I can finally hear the damn bassist in every band. I'm not straining to find every instrument anymore, turning the volume up as loud as I can just to hear everything. It is pure bliss.
Just get one from monoprice.com so much cheaper and yes I would get a usb 2.0.
I'm not trolling, but just asking an honest question.
Does discrete analog output have a higher noise floor than op amps. The reason is when using my Asgard 2 in high gain, I can hear the noise floor in my Uber, but not on my CD players and V-DAC. The former has discrete, while the latter two have opamps.
Noob to this thread but long-time owner of the Uber. I just got a KGSShv which has only balanced XLR inputs. I want to connect my Uber to this amp. I am looking at a male RCA to male XLR stereo audio cable for the interconnect. Is this the only way to go ? Appreciate your input. Thanks.
- Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 7 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Hera impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 11 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 11 minutes ago
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by Sam20
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear